Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2020, 10:00 AM   #1321
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Holy ****, yeah just saw that.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #1322
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

How does one identify a stock like MMED as a good investment when it’s been between buck and buck fifty for like 5 straight years?

Good call regardless.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #1323
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
How does one identify a stock like MMED as a good investment when it’s been between buck and buck fifty for like 5 straight years?

Good call regardless.
It's a hot sector. With news this stuff will help prevent and help people struggling with mental illness and coming off COVID where rates are crazy high in the US.. Basically it's buy on the rumor and sell on the news! But in this case it just keeps going up.

Other stocks I have shares in this sector are:

NUMI.VN
FTRP.CN

Both of those are hot too.

Last edited by MJK; 12-14-2020 at 10:48 AM.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #1324
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Good call regardless.
It's not an investment. It's a spec, just like the cannabis stocks were a few years back.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:49 AM   #1325
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
It's not an investment. It's a spec, just like the cannabis stocks were a few years back.
Exactly this...invest while it's hot but at some point there needs to be an exit.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #1326
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Good call regardless.
By doing more due diligence than you just did with your post, haha.

MMED has only been listed since March and has only been above $1.5 for about a month.

I have listened to a lot of Paul Stamets over the years and have grown to appreciate and see potential in psilocybin as a therapy. Then I heard Kevin O'Leary talk about taking a position in MMED, so I did my own DD. I was kicking tires on the .40 range, then it made some small moves so I jumped in over several buys to between .81 and 1.39.

moncton golden flames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moncton golden flames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2020, 10:58 AM   #1327
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I agree it is a bit speculative, but I don't think it compares to most (recreational) cannabis stocks. I think this is a healthcare/biotech play more than anything. Everything will go thru the FDA and used for healing purposes thru Health Canada approved facilities, like those owned by numi.v

moncton golden flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:47 AM   #1328
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
I agree it is a bit speculative, but I don't think it compares to most (recreational) cannabis stocks. I think this is a healthcare/biotech play more than anything. Everything will go thru the FDA and used for healing purposes thru Health Canada approved facilities, like those owned by numi.v
It's definitely going to be a med play. Recreational mushrooms are much more of a longshot plus there is not an established rec market for them to the scale that there was/is for cannabis. I think the real value will be in companies that can develop either good formulation IP or good IP for effective delivery methods that are pharmaceutical grade.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiran403 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2020, 12:41 PM   #1329
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

HAVN is another one in this sector. It never really started moving until Friday but has been doing well also.
rain_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #1330
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone have any opinions on MCI OneHealth Technologies's IPO, with the crazy healthcare valuations and the UCP pushing private clinics I'm thinking that it might be a good buy.

But I don't know the space, and a $5k minimum buy-in makes me nervous at my account size.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:37 AM   #1331
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

MMED is raising $ again this time at $4.40 + 1/5 warrant exercises at $5.75 good for 36 months. I think I am going to roll with it and go for it.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #1332
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I only have a couple stocks right now. BNS and just recently ENB. ENB specifically has such a nice yield and being a blue chipper I can’t see them cutting the dividend in the near future. What am I missing here?
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #1333
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I only have a couple stocks right now. BNS and just recently ENB. ENB specifically has such a nice yield and being a blue chipper I can’t see them cutting the dividend in the near future. What am I missing here?
Risks to ENB that is causing it to trade at a cheap valuation

1) they have metric crapload of debt.
2) people are worried about various pipeline restrictions (ie losing the line under the lake by Michigan)
3) if AB oil production doesn't grow and transmountain and KXL both get built, the mainline might not be full any more

Anyway, those are the big risks imo, but its definitely cheap. I think the mainline will remain full enough to keep earning its tolls, and their gas utility in ON is a great business.

Last edited by bizaro86; 12-15-2020 at 11:19 AM.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2020, 11:35 AM   #1334
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cool. Thanks! The way I look at it right at this moment is there isn’t much in the next three months that will decimate it, so may as well collect the dividend and see where it goes.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:25 PM   #1335
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
MMED is raising $ again this time at $4.40 + 1/5 warrant exercises at $5.75 good for 36 months. I think I am going to roll with it and go for it.

Can you explain this more?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #1336
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Can you explain this more?
Basically what is happening is the company is selling $50 million dollars worth of stock that never existed before at $4.40/share. If someone buys these they also have the option to buy 1 more share at $5.75 this option is for 1 share per 2 they own from this placement). This is done through private placements/institutions.

Why this isn't good is because they've just created over 11 million new shares. So existing shareholders value goes down. Dilution...

They also upped this to $80 million dollars today so they are issuing 18 million + new shares. They did the same thing on Dec 8th where they issued almost 16 million shares at $1.90 with the warrant option. A couples months early same thing when they issued 24 million shares at $1.05.

If you are familiar with Aurora Cannabis all they did was kept creating more shares for acquisitions. They kept diluting the shares. Look at them now.

Last edited by rain_e; 12-15-2020 at 03:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rain_e For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2020, 07:13 AM   #1337
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain_e View Post
Basically what is happening is the company is selling $50 million dollars worth of stock that never existed before at $4.40/share. If someone buys these they also have the option to buy 1 more share at $5.75 this option is for 1 share per 2 they own from this placement). This is done through private placements/institutions.

Why this isn't good is because they've just created over 11 million new shares. So existing shareholders value goes down. Dilution...

They also upped this to $80 million dollars today so they are issuing 18 million + new shares. They did the same thing on Dec 8th where they issued almost 16 million shares at $1.90 with the warrant option. A couples months early same thing when they issued 24 million shares at $1.05.

If you are familiar with Aurora Cannabis all they did was kept creating more shares for acquisitions. They kept diluting the shares. Look at them now.
I love these deals and basically my strategy is to sell the stock at break even or better and keep the warrants to see if it takes off. If it does, great! If not, no harm no foul, they just expire.
The Following User Says Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #1338
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
I love these deals and basically my strategy is to sell the stock at break even or better and keep the warrants to see if it takes off. If it does, great! If not, no harm no foul, they just expire.
If you are in on the PP then this definitely works out well.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:06 PM   #1339
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

APHA and TLRY just announced a merger to create the biggest cannabis company in the world. My APHA average is $6.16 so I'm curious to see where this takes it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nnabis-company

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:10 PM   #1340
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Weed is something you should be day trading or swing trading with a plan. It is not an investment.

That being said, weed stocks have pulled back enough for a decent R/R for a swing into next year, and are consolidating. Fibs and volume profiles show good support on most right now, with a decent upside. Most aren't oversold yet, but weed is the sector du jour in the states, and with Biden winning and more states legalizing it and talk of it federally being legalized , there will be more eyes. But again, weed is a hit it and quit it. Don't marry it.

Mid cap names like CGC and MJ. Not garbage pennies like IGC, SNDL, ACB etc. If you spread the wealth on all the tickers, sizing accordingly based on risk, it could be a good payoff into the new year. I'll be looking at sizing in next week for a short term swing.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post: