Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #2261
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Well I am off work till Thursday now. Here is hoping I can get past Skolas and continue my journey to 40.
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #2262
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

I've made a song that transcend time and reason.

It's just the first 30 seconds of the video. So if you want to duck out after that would be fine lol. I don't expect people to watch the entire 1hrs worth of Kings fall HM raid.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheyCallMeBruce For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #2263
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviaant View Post
Made it up to level 33 this weekend. Ran into that Skolas...what an ahole he is. Gonna take a few more tries. Well I don't think Skolas is the issue its the hundred other mobs that are giving me a rough time.
He truly is an ahole, that being said once you get a sword and are overpowered, he goes down quick and it is very satisfying .

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:59 AM   #2264
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
He truly is an ahole, that being said once you get a sword and are overpowered, he goes down quick and it is very satisfying .
This man speaks the truth.

We ran HM Oryx last night with a mostly CP group, and man, what a ####### that fight is. Finally took him down though, was very satisfying.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #2265
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think what gets me about the HM fight is it seems like it should be easy. Everyone has a job to do and realistically, that job is not too hard. Most people can do their job, say, 90% of the time without issue. However, when you consider you need to do four rounds and all 6 people essentially have to accomplish their job every round, it just turns into wipe-city.

Also Steve, I didn't get an invite for the CP group - do you mind firing one off to me as well? PSN is also mrkajz44. I'm finding my clan is starting to be on less and less frequently after they beat HM.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #2266
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
This man speaks the truth.

We ran HM Oryx last night with a mostly CP group, and man, what a ####### that fight is. Finally took him down though, was very satisfying.
Yes, yes it was very satisfying. First time killing HM Oryx and as satisfying as it was... getting a 300 helm, and a 302 ghost was like getting kicked in both nuts lol.

I remember during one of the live streams they were talking about the drops on the raids and it wasn't going to be as repetitive. You'll get the drops you need. Clever Bungie though, they never actually said "WHEN" you'd get those drops.

Skolas is fun once you are over leveled. The sword blocks the taint from killing you, also blocks the oversoul in Crota, and with Petra having a use for etheric light and depending on what she will give you for it. It might be worth running the 34 and 35 PoE weekly again.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #2267
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I think what gets me about the HM fight is it seems like it should be easy. Everyone has a job to do and realistically, that job is not too hard. Most people can do their job, say, 90% of the time without issue. However, when you consider you need to do four rounds and all 6 people essentially have to accomplish their job every round, it just turns into wipe-city.

Also Steve, I didn't get an invite for the CP group - do you mind firing one off to me as well? PSN is also mrkajz44. I'm finding my clan is starting to be on less and less frequently after they beat HM.

I'll send you an invite shortly. I just posted on the community page that I'm running HM King's Fall tonight at 8:30. First five people to post in the wall that they want in have a spot.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #2268
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Invite sent
Old 11-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #2269
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

nvm: Steve may actually run the raid with Sam (Smackoff) after the game, as he was asking about running it. Kinda hoping to do a quick run, as I wanna get back to Fallout haha

Last edited by Jbo; 11-10-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:37 PM   #2270
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Finally hit level 40 now bring on the good gear. I think I am sitting at a light level of 200. I am assuming in order to really up my gear I need to raid?
Old 11-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #2271
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviaant View Post
Finally hit level 40 now bring on the good gear. I think I am sitting at a light level of 200. I am assuming in order to really up my gear I need to raid?
Nope you have a ways to go yet...but don't fret! Its not so bad. Your going to want to start running strikes, and getting engrams. Keep equipping gear with the highest level light as future engrams will decode higher. Make sure to start running the daily story when you are around 240 and crucible for marks. Keep doing that and you will get up to around 260 so you can start running heroic strikes.

You will keep progressing your blues and purples until you get around 270-280. That will allow your to progress in the nightfall/Court of Oryx. Also keep doing missions from the various people in the tower.

You can start raiding in the 285-300 raid for normal, and probably minimum 305-307 for hard. Im sure there are many CP'ers happy to help and I'm usually happy to help run a normal raid for guys that need gear.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #2272
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Well if nothing else I've sure gotten better at Destiny. At least the grind for levels is over.

My psn is MaxFandango if anybody wants to kill some stuff. I'll be back on after the game.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #2273
chaoticmonk
Farm Team Player

Exp:

when you have a chance, could i get an invite? no rush

psn: chaoticmonk
chaoticmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #2274
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticmonk View Post
when you have a chance, could i get an invite? no rush

psn: chaoticmonk
Will send one after the Flames game is over.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:52 PM   #2275
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

So I tested the 3 of coins theory to see if there's any evidence that the reddit theory works.

In case you're unfamiliar, the theory states:
don't use the 3 of coins on the first 2 strikes.
Ignore the 3rd if it is the dust palace, as there are no ultras that drop exotic there
if the 3rd isn't dust palace, pop 3 of coins at the beginning of the strike once landed

I did this 3 times and it didn't work for me. I do admit my test is far from accurate since it's a very small sample size, but 3 for 3 with zero exotic loots kinda tells me this theory doesn't really work.

Video evidence:
https://youtu.be/rH2y4vwS_D0
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #2276
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
So I tested the 3 of coins theory to see if there's any evidence that the reddit theory works.

In case you're unfamiliar, the theory states:
don't use the 3 of coins on the first 2 strikes.
Ignore the 3rd if it is the dust palace, as there are no ultras that drop exotic there
if the 3rd isn't dust palace, pop 3 of coins at the beginning of the strike once landed

I did this 3 times and it didn't work for me. I do admit my test is far from accurate since it's a very small sample size, but 3 for 3 with zero exotic loots kinda tells me this theory doesn't really work.

Video evidence:
https://youtu.be/rH2y4vwS_D0
I saw that reddit post, glad someone on here tried it out. I might give it a go to see what happens.

Ever since the Black Spindle mission tin foil hats have been on in full effect with this game. I've had instances where I didn't get an exotic after using 10 coins. And then the next day I get 4 in 5. Using them the exact same way. Strikes and Raids.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #2277
C Squared
Backup Goalie

Exp:

My vanilla copy of Destiny will be arriving today. I'll be looking for some CPers to put up with my low level, non DLC owning arse!

PSN ID: Cochrane44
C Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #2278
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Squared View Post
My vanilla copy of Destiny will be arriving today. I'll be looking for some CPers to put up with my low level, non DLC owning arse!

PSN ID: Cochrane44
Hey, welcome to CP Destiny! First off, you will be very limitied to what you can do with just Vanilla Destiny. You will max out at level 30, have access to only one raid (Vault of Glass) and be locked out of some of the end game like Daily heroic missions, Strikes.

Having said that, it is a great chance to play through the base game and see if you enjoy it. If it is something you like, I'll be honest, there is really no reason not to buy the DLC.

Most of the player base has moved through 3 expansions since Vanilla came out, so getting fireteam members will probably be pretty tough. You also get a lvl boost to 25 if you do decide to buy the xpac.

Im sure there will be CP'ers who can assist though. Hope you like it
Old 11-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #2279
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

...does anyone know how to run the black spindle with any sort of success?

...asking for a friend...

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #2280
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
...does anyone know how to run the black spindle with any sort of success?

...asking for a friend...

Shooting the blights needs to be priority #1 or you will get overwhelmed. Its easy to panic and just try and focus on the boss, but you really do need to manage the adds, close the blights and then dps boss.