Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #1
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
lanny Naked swimming event coming to Calgary wave pool

Quote:
If you've ever wondered what it would be like to thunder down a waterslide naked, then a Calgary nudist group has just the event for you.

Calgary Nude Recreation will be renting out the Southland Leisure Centre for their Naked Water Slides and Wave Pool event on Jan. 14, and are inviting Calgarians who like to bare it all to come and strip down for the day.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/c...-all-1.4473995
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was in the pool!
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:09 AM   #3
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

I honestly though this was fake news! I think it's a terrible idea for a city owned pool to allow this event to be hosted. According to the group there is no discrimination between children and adults, and therefore the assumption is this is an all ages event.

It's supposed to be a "private" event, but includes a fully staffed pool with city employees, and open to the public.

Seriously, what a terrible idea.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #4
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

It’s just a naked body
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you've ever wondered what it would be like to thunder down a waterslide naked
Skid marks!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
It’s just a naked body
Ya but we wear clothes so we don't accidentally trip and fall penis first into strangers. It's a real concern.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Being nude in public can be amazing for feeling more comfortable in your own body and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I have surgical scars all over my lower abdomen and would not take my shirt off in public in years, but then I walked around near nude at a music festival for a week and now I take my shirt off whenever its over 24 degrees. I admit I haven't full donged it, but I've come real close and it's made a lasting improvement on my sense of self.

But I recoil in horror at the idea of using a slide that has been anus kissed by hundreds of people.

Last edited by Matata; 01-05-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #8
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uhhh ya, my guess is a lot of complaints followed by cancellation and statement.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #9
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
If you've ever wondered what it would be like to thunder down a waterslide naked, then a Calgary nudist group has just the event for you.
Probably not a lot different then going down a water slide in your swim trunks or a bikini.

but there is a lot of extra incentive for the people at the bottom to clear away from the end of the slide lest they turn around and find themselves with a new set of googles.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:18 AM   #10
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
I honestly though this was fake news! I think it's a terrible idea for a city owned pool to allow this event to be hosted. According to the group there is no discrimination between children and adults, and therefore the assumption is this is an all ages event.

It's supposed to be a "private" event, but includes a fully staffed pool with city employees, and open to the public.

Seriously, what a terrible idea.
How is the idea of some naked people using waterslides so offensive? The hangups that North American culture has with the human body and nudity are ridiculous, if this happened most anywhere in Europe it wouldn't even be a news story
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #11
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good idea in theory since it is just the human body and we should be able to "break free from our societal constraints and tap into the liberation and freedom from embarrassment and shame and allow us to fully embrace and courageously love all of ourselves in the presence of others.", as the article says.

Yet the reality is the world is full of creepy people/peadophiles who will use this as an excuse to get up close and personal to people they shouldn't be, especially if it's an all ages event.

Hopefully I am wrong and that is not the case.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #12
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

A family friendly event !
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #13
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

^There's a difference to me of a nudist club holding a private event (with presumably only people part of this club going) = meh whatever response; to a nudist club holding a private event, but then making announcements that its open to all, and essentially created Naked Public Swim Night, all ages, at a public pool.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:32 AM   #14
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Good idea in theory since it is just the human body and we should be able to "break free from our societal constraints and tap into the liberation and freedom from embarrassment and shame and allow us to fully embrace and courageously love all of ourselves in the presence of others.", as the article says.

Yet the reality is the world is full of creepy people/peadophiles who will use this as an excuse to get up close and personal to people they shouldn't be, especially if it's an all ages event.

The ironic part is that most of the creepy pedophiles are the same ones telling us that we are going to Hell for sliding down a waterslide naked.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #15
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

I think the reality is that those creepy people/pedophiles are simply highly publicised. I don’t know if they’d necessarily exist in a much more significant number than in Europe.

Though, I could be wrong, overly conservative values can breed perversion.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #16
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Maybe this is one big police sting operation to catch them all in one place?

In all seriousness those types of people exist all over the world, yet nude beaches operate all over the world it may be a little bit of culture shock to have an event like this here but I think that’s actually a reason to support the event. People shouldn’t be offended by other people choosing to be naked somewhere. If they have that big of an issue with it they’ve been given notice of a date time to avoid a place where this will occur.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:39 AM   #17
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

This would drive the Montrealers mad.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #18
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I think the reality is that those creepy people/pedophiles are simply highly publicised. I don’t know if they’d necessarily exist in a much more significant number than in Europe.

Though, I could be wrong, overly conservative values can breed perversion.
I agree with this, everyone gets so caught up in the odd news story and paints every stranger with the same brush.

1 person stabbed in a Kijiji exchange = every kijiji exchange will be done with a weirdo and you will probably go missing!

Pedo story on the news, everyone's a pedophile!

The reality is, we are all just people living our boring lives. There are a VERY SMALL number of people who are dangerous, and it has the population mass irrationally worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
^There's a difference to me of a nudist club holding a private event (with presumably only people part of this club going) = meh whatever response; to a nudist club holding a private event, but then making announcements that its open to all, and essentially created Naked Public Swim Night, all ages, at a public pool.
So you're worried that parents are going to bring their kids to something like this?????? Or that a group of 12 year olds would think this would be a fun event? This is a complete non-issue.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheFlamesVan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #19
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

If the slide is not scary enough to illicit a strong pucker, you are in for a cleanse. Win win.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #20
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
If the slide is not scary enough to illicit a strong pucker, you are in for a cleanse. Win win.
Unexpected enemas are never a win.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
swimming; sliding;