Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #2241
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Oakland's gonna Oakland.

What an absurd deal. He's Bill Belichick? They better get at least 3 super bowls to justify the deal.
One Super Bowl would easily justify the deal.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #2242
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Details of this contract will be crucial. If it is fully guaranteed, Mark is even worse than Pops. Fully guaranteed gives Gruden all the incentive in the world to go 0-16 next year and get #### canned right back into the broadcast booth. $100 million no matter what after all. So we'll have to wait and see the details.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #2243
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Details of this contract will be crucial. If it is fully guaranteed, Mark is even worse than Pops. Fully guaranteed gives Gruden all the incentive in the world to go 0-16 next year and get #### canned right back into the broadcast booth. $100 million no matter what after all. So we'll have to wait and see the details.
I'm pretty sure Davis's lawyers have covered the bases so your scenario can't play out. Nobody writes up a $100 million contract without due diligence to scenarios where he can take the money and run.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #2244
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You're all looking past the bigger picture, now we won't have to listen to him on Monday Night Football. Everyone wins.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #2245
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm pretty sure Davis's lawyers have covered the bases so your scenario can't play out. Nobody writes up a $100 million contract without due diligence to scenarios where he can take the money and run.
Even if his lawyers haven’t it doesn’t matter. Ask Shanahan about getting paid by the Raiders when they owe you money.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #2246
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Is Carr really a West Coast offence type of QB? I don't see him play a lot but he seems to me like more of a drop back deep throw sort of passer as opposed to a move around and make shorter throws on the run.

Carr seems like a good enough athlete where he could learn that style. But I thought he struggled in that sort of system this year vs the down field style he excelled at the previous year.

I heard they likely move on from Crabtree who would seem a better West Coast pass catcher than Cooper.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:01 PM   #2247
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who knows if that Gruden contract is guaranteed for 10 years, my guess is no, and those terms are for show. Anything more then 4, a couple years into Vegas, would be silly.

As per the Pats, don’t doubt that there is some ego involved between the three, Brady insisting he can play for years more due to the way he and his body doctor keep him in shape...which means that in his opinion, they don’t need a blue chip backup, to the chagrin of the coach and GM, but the bigger factor in this is this quack doctor that Brady has befriended, gone into business with, and has as an alternate treatment option for not just Brady but the entire roster, in a facility that is adjacent to the stadium.

For an old school football coach like Belichek,must drive him up the wall that he doesn’t have control of that situation which Kraft has afforded Brady, but has seeped into the guy treating some on the roster.

Before Belichek put his foot down, the guy was in the sidelines, travelling with the team etc.
I don’t see anyone beating them these playoffs, safe for some terrible weather in a playoff game, but the offseason should be interesting to see how it plays out, as there is some smoke there.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #2248
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rumours out there that BB wants the Giants job. Please no.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #2249
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

The Green Bay Packers are expected to hire former Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine as their defensive coordinator, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #2250
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

OC Darrell Bevell has been fired by the Seahawks.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #2251
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
OC Darrell Bevell has been fired by the Seahawks.
Seahawks fans must be pretty happy.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #2252
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Is Carr really a West Coast offence type of QB? I don't see him play a lot but he seems to me like more of a drop back deep throw sort of passer as opposed to a move around and make shorter throws on the run.

Carr seems like a good enough athlete where he could learn that style. But I thought he struggled in that sort of system this year vs the down field style he excelled at the previous year.

I heard they likely move on from Crabtree who would seem a better West Coast pass catcher than Cooper.
Crabs is a slow possession receiver and he's had just too many drops over the past few seasons. Gruden is going to bring out the best in Cooper who was underutilized by Downing and his bed & breakfast offense. I feel Carr can excel in the WFO as he's got a quick release and good timing. You can still utilize deep patterns as look at the Chiefs this season who I believe had more success on deep balls than any other team.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #2253
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tony McDaniel getting placed on the IR this afternoon, Saints officially at 20 players on IR this year now. Good Lord...is that a record?
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #2254
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Seahawks fans must be pretty happy.
Cable out too, so yeah.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #2255
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

He just wont go away...

Quote:
Former NFL head coach Norv Turner arrived in Charlotte on Wednesday to finalize details that would make him the next offensive coordinator of the Carolina Panthers, a league source told ESPN.

Turner's son, Scott, the quarterbacks coach at the University of Michigan, also is coming to Carolina as the next position coach for Cam Newton, according to another source.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #2256
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Devastating news for Titans fans as Conklin tore his ACL and will probably miss at least 6 games next year. Kid is a top 10-20 O-Line player in only his 2nd year. As if I needed another reason to be depressed, next year we won't come close to playoffs without him.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #2257
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Titans and head coach Mike Mularkey have mutually agreed to part ways.

Josh McDaniels goes from being a favorite in Indianapolis....to being a favorite in Tennessee.

Last edited by Drake; 01-15-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #2258
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Josh McDaniels goes from being a favorite in Indianapolis....to being a favorite in Tennessee.
Every Titans fan in the world is rejoicing at this news!! Also this screws the Colts and the Pats so double win! If he really wanted the head coaching job he should have thrown the game this weekend so the Titans would have won
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #2259
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Not sure that was a good move by Mularkey as I don't see him getting another head coaching gig any time soon. Pretty mediocre head coach IMO and supposedly the reason he agreed to leave is because the owner wanted him to fire the OC and change the offense. Hard to argue with that considering that team was not very good offensively and the QB regressed. I get standing up for his guy but the truth is that his guy wasn't getting the job done.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #2260
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Devastating news for Titans fans as Conklin tore his ACL and will probably miss at least 6 games next year. Kid is a top 10-20 O-Line player in only his 2nd year. As if I needed another reason to be depressed, next year we won't come close to playoffs without him.

That does seem like a long time to recover from an ACL injury. Season is 8-9 months away hopefully he will be back ready to go, but if they do put him on the PUP I hope they find a solid replacement in the off season unless they fully trust Kelly
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote