Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #1721
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

100% of the time I've tried a new drug it was through a friend and I've done most of them at this point.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #1722
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
100% of the time I've tried a new drug it was through a friend and I've done most of them at this point.
Yes, but have you found one that wont make you sick or make your head feel three feet thick?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 11:30 PM   #1723
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yes, but have you found one that wont make you sick or make your head feel three feet thick?
Your quest is not everyone's quest, Huey.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:51 AM   #1724
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
I am more concerned about what all the 'retailers' who are currently making money off of illegal product will do to make up for the lost revenue stream then I am about black market weed.

Will we see more harmful drugs pushed? I think weed will gain mainstream acceptance and people will forget it was ever illegal rather quickly, but there are a lot more harmful things out there to trap people.
Dude. They are called Doctors. Doctors over prescribing opiods is what started the current opuod epedemic. When the highs wear off and the refills run out they turn to heroin.

Legelizing pot may just actuallu help curb the opiod over prescribing problem. Doctors even in B.C are still hesitate to prescribe medical marijuana but will give you pain pills in a instant. With marijuana being a very proven and effect alternative to opiods for pain relief we may actually see a decrease in opiod dependancy as in Portugal,Uruguay and Colorado. With Marijuana being over the counter essentially you won't have to make a doctors appt. Where they will push them apon you.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 01-13-2018 at 01:53 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:10 AM   #1725
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Legalising pot may just actuallu help curb the opiod over prescribing problem. Doctors even in B.C are still hesitate to prescribe medical marijuana but will give you pain pills in a instant. With marijuana being a very proven and effect alternative to opiods for pain relief we may actually see a decrease in opiod dependancy as in Portugal,Uruguay and Colorado. With Marijuana being over the counter essentially you won't have to make a doctors appt. Where they will push them apon you.
While I’m a 100% supporter of legalisation and marijuana as a medical alternative, it’s far from proven.

The fact is, proper studies haven’t been done. We know that some people claim it works, but we don’t know why or how like other pharmaceuticals because marijuana has yet to go through the tests we often require of approved drugs.

So it’s fair to say it’s looking good as an alternative to opioids, we can’t say it’s even close to proven or that we even know it’s effects. Not yet anyway. Hopefully legalisation will invite a whole range of proper studies.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #1726
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Figured this was relevant...

"Trudeau says pot purchasers are funding gangs, organized crime and must be charged"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...egal-1.4484496

Quote:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canadians who buy pot are funding gangs and organized crime and will continue to be charged until marijuana is legal.

The Liberal government is looking at ways to deal with criminal records for possessing pot, but Trudeau said there will be no amnesty until after cannabis is legalized and controlled in July.

"Certainly we know the current legislation is hurting Canadians and criminalizing Canadians who perhaps shouldn't be. But that is an engagement we will take once we have a legalized and controlled regime in place — not before," he told reporters after a two-day cabinet retreat in London, Ont.
"We recognize that anyone who is currently purchasing marijuana is participating in illegal activity that is funding criminal organizations and street gangs, and therefore we do not want to encourage, in any way, people to engage in that behaviour until the law has changed," he said.

"Once the law is changed, we will of course reflect on fairness in a way that is responsible moving forward."
While acknowledging "unfairnesses," Goodale said criminal charges and prosecutions must continue until the law formally changes. The government is aiming to legalize cannabis by July.

"We're moving in an orderly fashion to change the law appropriately and get the job done. In the meantime, the existing law remains and people need to obey that law."
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:35 AM   #1727
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Legal and convenient will win every time.

Basically everyone used to pirate music. When itunes/napster/Spotify became a thing, they became huge businesses and the majority if people switched.

Paying for music isn't price competitive with getting it for free, but it is convenient and legal, so you don't have to search the skeevy parts of the Internet.

Marijuana will be the same. Also, I would expect the wholesale cost (ex-taxes) to come down. There are companies converting 100 acre commercial greenhouses to weed. How much more efficient do you think they will be than some random dude with plants in a basement?
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 10:29 PM   #1728
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post

Basically everyone used to pirate music. When itunes/napster/Spotify became a thing, they became huge businesses and the majority if people switched.

Paying for music isn't price competitive with getting it for free, but it is convenient and legal, so you don't have to search the skeevy parts of the Internet.

Marijuana will be the same. Also, I would expect the wholesale cost (ex-taxes) to come down. There are companies converting 100 acre commercial greenhouses to weed. How much more efficient do you think they will be than some random dude with plants in a basement?
Black market will always be able to beat the ridiculous proposed prices. If they really wanted to stop the black market would have to do something like $5/g across the board.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:06 PM   #1729
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
Black market will always be able to beat the ridiculous proposed prices. If they really wanted to stop the black market would have to do something like $5/g across the board.
You know what also is cheaper? Growing your own weed. So if you want convenience, dispensaries will be awesome(already are in B.C.). If you want cheap, it will be legal to grow your own.

If you want a combination of convenience, high quality, and average price, then black market Terry won't have much business. As long as the prices aren't ridiculous, and so far evidence in B.C. shows that it won't be, it shouldn't be prohibitive.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #1730
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Strange. I've never paid $5/g on the street in my life.

I have at the dispensary multiple times. There was a $3 strain there the other day. It was s***, but it was there. And I wasn't forced to pay $60 for 3gs of it like I would have had I bought it from my dealer and been given no choice.

I bought a $10 strain. And a disposable vaporizer. Because its better.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #1731
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha! In Washington DC I guess you aren't allowed to sell weed, but you can "gift" it. So people are selling $50 stickers, and including a free "gift" of pot.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/free-we...n-dc-1.4457664

I'm guessing this is not what the law makers intended...
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #1732
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
And a disposable vaporizer. Because its better.
How does this work? Can you get cannabis that you can run through a vape? Would the second hand smoke have any effect on bystanders?
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #1733
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
This hilarious. Do people really believe there are random drug dealers just hanging around and offering free samples of drugs to strangers?
What are you saying? that Facebook lied to me?

speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #1734
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Yip.

How many people bootleg booze now? It will take some time no doubt, but once people know they can stop in and get the pot they want, knowing the strength/product will always be the same, the illegals will die off.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #1735
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
How does this work? Can you get cannabis that you can run through a vape? Would the second hand smoke have any effect on bystanders?
You can get vaporizers that vape actual flower, but now they are selling these cigarette-sized vaporizers pre loaded with about 130-150 hits of pure THC oil. $50 for disposable, $90 to get one that's re loadable.

It just automatically turns on as soon as you start to inhale. Doesn't stink in your pocket. IMO, this is how people are going to start using this stuff when in public. I would imagine SHS still comes into play. You are inhaling a drug and then exhaling it into the air. Your lungs can't absorb all of it.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:05 AM   #1736
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Yip.

How many people bootleg booze now? It will take some time no doubt, but once people know they can stop in and get the pot they want, knowing the strength/product will always be the same, the illegals will die off.
The other thing is that within 20 years you will have a whole generation of kids who get pot from the cool parent or older brother instead of a dealer. And a generation of adults who never purchased through the dealer system.

Legal and convenient is going to win out over time.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #1737
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Legal and convenient is going to win out over time.
I don't think anybody disputes that. But where, how, and for how much pot is sold for legally will determine how big and for how long the black market remains. Heavy users are accustomed to buying in large quantities where the price works out to less than $10 a gram. Alberta regulators rightly point out that setting the legal age at higher than 18 would have hurt the aim of cutting down the black market.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #1738
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
You can get vaporizers that vape actual flower, but now they are selling these cigarette-sized vaporizers pre loaded with about 130-150 hits of pure THC oil. $50 for disposable, $90 to get one that's re loadable.

It just automatically turns on as soon as you start to inhale. Doesn't stink in your pocket. IMO, this is how people are going to start using this stuff when in public. I would imagine SHS still comes into play. You are inhaling a drug and then exhaling it into the air. Your lungs can't absorb all of it.
I wish companies would stop producing "disposable" products. So much waste involved.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to icecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #1739
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
I wish companies would stop producing "disposable" products. So much waste involved.
I agree.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:48 PM   #1740
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Please tell me that individual municipalities will not have the right to outright ban cannabis smoking in their communities. I know that they can impose limitations such as in workplaces, parks, etc. but someone told me that they can totally ban it everywhere within municipal boundaries but I don't think so.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
better than crack , bureaucracy , duuuuuude , funions , gateway , high drivers