Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2021, 03:27 PM   #781
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
If you're mixed you can say you need a third to complete a full course for travel.

Yeah, I wouldn’t do that since I am not travelling, but it has almost been 6 months since the last dose. I’d assume, if the website is to be trusted, that recipients of the mixed AZ/Pfizer doses are eligible then, regardless of age.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 03:31 PM   #782
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Literally just got my Moderna booster. Nurse said this was half the dose of the first two, which makes me really curious about side effects. I figure nothing more than a sore shoulder this time.

Last edited by Duruss; 12-13-2021 at 03:57 PM.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 03:57 PM   #783
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Boosted as of two hours ago. No worse for wear. Not even a sore shoulder.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:11 PM   #784
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When my wife got her flu shot they asked if she was a healthcare worker and would have given her the booster then because they had an opened vial that was going to go to waste.

Should have lied.
I doubt they would bother to check her prescription record in NetCare if your wife picked an autoimmune disease medication and said she was on it so long as she could answer how it was administered (pill x times a day, injection, infusion).
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:50 PM   #785
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duruss View Post
Literally just got my Moderna booster. Nurse said this was half the dose of the first two, which makes me really curious about side effects. I figure nothing more than a sore shoulder this time.
The Moderna booster knocked my wife and I on our butts

Sent from my SM-A105M using Tapatalk
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 05:08 PM   #786
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Yeah, I wouldn’t do that since I am not travelling, but it has almost been 6 months since the last dose. I’d assume, if the website is to be trusted, that recipients of the mixed AZ/Pfizer doses are eligible then, regardless of age.
I got mine on that basis yesterday. I have lose plans to travel in January or Feb but it fits the recommended booster timelines and pharmacies aren’t busy at all.

It’s ridiculous that they haven’t opened it up further yet given the Omicron prelim info.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 05:09 PM   #787
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I got mine on that basis yesterday. I have lose plans to travel in January or Feb but it fits the recommended booster timelines and pharmacies aren’t busy at all.

It’s ridiculous that they haven’t opened it up further yet given the Omicron prelim info.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous you can get one for travel but not if you're pregnant.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 05:11 PM   #788
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous you can get one for travel but not if you're pregnant.
I actually preach patience on most things (although I'm getting a little annoyed by the speed of this) but I totally agree with you that it is absurd that pregnancy (6 months post 2nd dose) isn't a qualifier right now
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2021, 06:18 PM   #789
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryred View Post
The Moderna booster knocked my wife and I on our butts

How did the first two shots go? For me shot one brought a sore shoulder and fatigue the next day, and shot two was sore shoulder and chills in the night so I do not expect worse later tonight.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #790
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

1st shot Pfizer, sore arm, no ill effects.

2nd shot Moderna, day after everything is sore like I just got rolled down a hill.. but especially the arm. Difficulties regulating body temperature, random periods of exhaustion (not the exertion kind, the feeling you get in your chest when you've stayed up til 3am), headaches here and there.

For Moderna post vaccination effects I recommend an Epsom salt bath, piping hot, with an ice pack on your head.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #791
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you got AZ as your first and have a possibility of needing to travel - you can get the booster.
Oops already mentioned above.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:36 PM   #792
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duruss View Post
How did the first two shots go? For me shot one brought a sore shoulder and fatigue the next day, and shot two was sore shoulder and chills in the night so I do not expect worse later tonight.
We both had Pfizer our first two shots for me first shot no problem, second shot had headaches for a week, my wife first shot no problem, second shot had chills and aches in her body. Both of us had very sore arms for all our shots including the boosters.

calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryred For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2021, 10:30 PM   #793
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

So are there any full "third" doses then or just half dose boosters?

AZ April, Pfizer June...wife got her third shot as Pfizer (1st Pfizer as she was Az/AZ)a month ago or so "for travel" and that was still a full dose.

I'd like to get a full third (second) dose of Pfizer or Moderna, is that possible?

And, what is the latest, should I be getting another Pfizer or making a dog's breakfast of my vaccines with a Moderna?
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:42 PM   #794
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I’m going to get my third “for travel” shot (AZ/Pfizer first 2), and in booking on the website it wouldn’t give me an option for Moderna. It seems I (we) have to get a second Pfizer at this point.

Not that it’s a big deal, I was considering another heterologous boost, but it appears a third dose of either one makes a significant difference.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 11:14 PM   #795
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

811 call says I should get Pfizer as third (second) since my second (first) shot was Pfizer.

And they are full doses, though, when booking via AHS I should select “additional” dose, not “second dose”.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #796
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well definitely get more side effects from my booster. Shoulder is more sore than the previous two and just feeling crumby, with sensitive skin for the last 36 hours or so. Not too bad overall but enough to interrupt my workout. Still worth it.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #797
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
If you got AZ as your first and have a possibility of needing to travel - you can get the booster.
Oops already mentioned above.
Except there has been no clarity on whether that 3rd shot is considered a booster. I am in this situation and got the 3rd shot for 'travel' however it was 3 months after my second so not at the 6 month interval. I have not seen any guidance on whether another booster is warranted and if so when that interval would be measured from.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2021, 08:33 AM   #798
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Except there has been no clarity on whether that 3rd shot is considered a booster. I am in this situation and got the 3rd shot for 'travel' however it was 3 months after my second so not at the 6 month interval. I have not seen any guidance on whether another booster is warranted and if so when that interval would be measured from.
It’s semantics at this point, as it’s your third dose regardless of name.

6 months might be the ideal timeframe and you might have gotten it at 3 months, but it’s still the same thing. Just as people who got the first two vaccines 3 months apart are considered vaccinated the same as people who went 6 weeks.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:40 AM   #799
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
So are there any full "third" doses then or just half dose boosters?

AZ April, Pfizer June...wife got her third shot as Pfizer (1st Pfizer as she was Az/AZ)a month ago or so "for travel" and that was still a full dose.

I'd like to get a full third (second) dose of Pfizer or Moderna, is that possible?

And, what is the latest, should I be getting another Pfizer or making a dog's breakfast of my vaccines with a Moderna?
I believe the Pfizer “booster” is a regular dose, whereas the Moderna “booster” is only a half dose because it was higher to start with. And yes, I believe they’ll want you to get the same “booster” as your second shot, although I’m not sure if that is a hard rule.

Edit: some discussion of it here. Basically both boosters are good, one is not necessarily better than the other, and mixed is not necessarily better or worse then non-mixed: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...-get-1.5704834

Last edited by tvp2003; 12-15-2021 at 08:43 AM.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #800
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Alberta has expanded boosters to 50+ effective Dec 15.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1471157958402838533
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: