Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #121
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Elimimian is in the last year of a deal that pays him 225K+...no reason Singleton couldn't be in the same ballpark.
I guess you are right. Looks like some CFL salaries have climbed to over 200K.

That said, never in Calgary. No way Huffnagel gives out a contract like that. If the website i'm looking at is to be believed. There wasn't a single Stampeder outside of the QB position making over 145K on the roster last year. Junior Turner was the highest paid.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 09-05-2017 at 12:30 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #122
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I guess you are right. Looks like some CFL salaries have climbed to over 200K.

That said, never in Calgary. No way Huffnagel gives out a contract like that. If the website i'm looking at is to be believed. There wasn't a single Stampeder outside of the QB position making over 145K on the roster last year. Junior Turner was the highest paid.
Singleton is playing a premier position and is a ratio breaker. He's not just playing out there, he's a difference maker. The best in the league on his side of the ball. Some players you make an exception for, there's no way Huff is allowing Singleton to go play for someone else. If he wants to stay here, he will get the money.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #123
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

From the stats department:

With six consecutive Labour Day decisions over their northern rivals, the Stamps have reclaimed the Labour Day lead with a 26-25-1 edge over Edmonton. The six-game string of victories matches the longest streak in the series as the Stamps also won six Classics in a row from 1993 to 1998.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #124
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Singleton is playing a premier position and is a ratio breaker. He's not just playing out there, he's a difference maker. The best in the league on his side of the ball. Some players you make an exception for, there's no way Huff is allowing Singleton to go play for someone else. If he wants to stay here, he will get the money.
Agreed if there is a player you break the bank for outside of QB it's him.

Plus players don't want to leave the Stamps. It's fun to play for a team that never looses. Same reason guys take less money to play for the Pats
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #125
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Oh I agree he's the player you make an exception on, I've just never seen Huff do it. Differs fundamentally from his strategy.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #126
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post

With six consecutive Labour Day decisions over their northern rivals, the Stamps have reclaimed the Labour Day lead with a 26-25-1 edge over Edmonton. The six-game string of victories matches the longest streak in the series as the Stamps also won six Classics in a row from 1993 to 1998.
Sweet. With those streaks I'm surprised it's so close, though as a kid I recall how unbeatable he Esks were.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #127
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post

Thanks for digging this up. Arguably, this is the most important BOA statistic period. I'm guessing you'd have to go back to the early 1970s to find the last time Calgary had the edge in this rivalry?
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:02 PM   #128
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Thanks for digging this up. Arguably, this is the most important BOA statistic period. I'm guessing you'd have to go back to the early 1970s to find the last time Calgary had the edge in this rivalry?
I dunno... I'd say the fact they have what, 2x the number of Grey Cups as probably more relevant than the Labour Day Classic stats.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:15 PM   #129
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Oh I agree he's the player you make an exception on, I've just never seen Huff do it. Differs fundamentally from his strategy.
Huff seems to subscribe to the policy of rather cut a guy a year early than a year too late, especially when they get too expensive. Where Singleton is at 23, I don't think this really deviates from his mo.
calf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
#next man up , #whatever it takes , eskimos , greenissnotcolor , labour day classics , reilly reeks , stamps