Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2017, 04:08 PM   #21
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXCman View Post
kunkstyle, if you knew that I had already gone through this insanity (damaging my insides), do you think it would have turned you away from buying my chair??
I thought I bought it before this insanity!
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #22
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Side note does anyone know if Buffalo wild wings does pickup or delivery? Stupid wing thread.
Pickup : Yes.
Delivery : No.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #23
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I really enjoy this show as well and wanted to share my three favorite episodes below. My thought is if you can't find a restaurant who has this already established, try calling some pubs or known chicken wings places and ask to speak to the chef, maybe they can set something up for you. The chef there might even find it fun and go all out although you may have to supply the last three or four hotter sauces. I'm thinking Buffalo Wild Wings is going to be your best option with a phone call ahead of time to see if they can help you out.

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #24
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Coworker from Pakistan claimed he could eat the hottest peppers in the world, so we brought him to Studio 82 (RIP) for wings. He ordered the hottest wings they sold, the waiter tried to talk him out of it, but my buddy is stubborn.

The wings arrive and he devoured five or six, didn't break a sweat, didn't drink anything and said they were pretty good. He called us babies and said he has been eating peppers they don't even have names for back home since he was a baby. He finished his plate and politely asked if one of the waters on the table was his, and calmly had a sip. He was pretty much immune to the heat.

How does this work?
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:59 PM   #25
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
I thought I bought it before this insanity!
haha, don't worry. It hasn't happened yet.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TSXCman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 08:43 PM   #26
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post

How does this work?
Quote:
said he has been eating peppers they don't even have names for back home since he was a baby.
tolerance
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:22 PM   #27
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Side note does anyone know if Buffalo wild wings does pickup or delivery? Stupid wing thread.
Come on Shaun, I've told you before just how easy and cheap it is to make your own wings at home, lol. Here I'll refresh your memory my brotha

-Buying wings at Superstore is super cheap but still good quality. For between sixteen and twenty two dollars you can get about thirty to forty five wings. They're usually cheaper if not already separated into wingettes and drumettes, here's how you cut them

-Next dry your wings with a paper towel
-Preheat over to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
-Place wings into a bowl and season them heavily with your choice of spices. Pepper, chicken seasoning and cayenne pepper is a solid choice but know you could go all over the world with many choices of flavors. Just don't add any extra salt as it will dry out your chicken.
-Place a wire rack on a baking sheet, spray it generously with pam and lay out your seasoned wings
-Bake wings for about 30 minutes or until they look crispy, moist and delicious.
-Remove from oven (caution hot) with oven mits and with individually place each wing (caution hot) into a large mixing bowl with a pair of tongs
-Drain access grease from baking sheet into glass jar to dispose of later
-Add your choice of sauce to wings in bowl and mix/toss until each wing is coated
-With tongs place each individual wing back onto the wire rack
-Place tray back into 425 degrees Fahrenheit oven for about another 20 minutes, checking them every five minutes or so to ensure they don't burn.
-If you lIke those "char bits" on your protein like I do then I suggest before removing the wings to place your oven on broil for 3 to 5 minutes to crisp the wings up nice.
-Remove wings from oven, place on plate. If you're looking to impress your guests then take a pinch of kosher salt or herbs like in the video and hold it high above the plate of wings and sprinkle on top

Last edited by Iceman57; 01-30-2017 at 12:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #28
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
I really enjoy this show as well and wanted to share my three favorite episodes below. My thought is if you can't find a restaurant who has this already established, try calling some pubs or known chicken wings places and ask to speak to the chef, maybe they can set something up for you. The chef there might even find it fun and go all out although you may have to supply the last three or four hotter sauces. I'm thinking Buffalo Wild Wings is going to be your best option with a phone call ahead of time to see if they can help you out.
Spoiler!
agreed great show.

Also like:

Also:

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #29
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
Coworker from Pakistan claimed he could eat the hottest peppers in the world, so we brought him to Studio 82 (RIP) for wings. He ordered the hottest wings they sold, the waiter tried to talk him out of it, but my buddy is stubborn.

The wings arrive and he devoured five or six, didn't break a sweat, didn't drink anything and said they were pretty good. He called us babies and said he has been eating peppers they don't even have names for back home since he was a baby. He finished his plate and politely asked if one of the waters on the table was his, and calmly had a sip. He was pretty much immune to the heat.

How does this work?
I had a friend with a Persian background do the same thing. We went to Wings (a restaurant in Vancouver that specializes in wings, there are many here) and ordered the Bobby Wings. I had tried them 2 weeks earlier. I got through them, but they wrecked me. After consuming them, I kept drinking beer for that momentary cool feeling you got when the liquid first hit your tongue, and to dull my senses of course. I stood up and felt hammered. I realized that I'd chugged back a pitcher and a half of beer in about 20 minutes.

When my friend tried the wings, he was far more composed. He was sweating though. Despite the fact he wasn't visibly in pain, the chemicals were producing some kind of reaction that was forcing him to sweat. I'm convinced that, over time, your tongue just stops reacting to the chemical (Capsaicin).

Interesting fact, prior to the American/Old World exchange of produce, there was no true spiciness in the old world, as peppers were cultivated by American indigenous people. The closest Europeans could get was to use garlic or pepper. Peppers in general wouldn't have reached places like India until sometime after their European discovery in the 1500s.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #30
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I bought these sauces while friends have purchased other ones as we too are planning to recreate the Hot Ones spicey wing gauntlet 😄🌶🔥

The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 10:38 PM   #31
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've seen those "Hot Ones" episodes and I don't know why anybody would do this to themselves. The 10-second clip below is what I've taken away from the show:

snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #32
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
I bought these sauces while friends have purchased other ones as we too are planning to recreate the Hot Ones spicey wing gauntlet 😄🌶🔥

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
The Hot Ones hot sauce is absolutely delicious, it's a tropical sweet type heat with not much of a vinegar body. The Ghost pepper & Blueberry hot sauce is great on wings but not much else and it's unfortunately not as spicey as I would have liked. I tried it on pork chops and a bite of stir fry but it has too much of its own distinct earthy flavour, which again is good but just doesn't mix well with other dishes. The Aardvark hot sauce is fantastic, its thicker almost like a salsa but it still coats well. This is a sauce I use a lot of just cause it's a great source of heat with a nice tomato flavour.

Our hot wing gauntlet was a lot of fun although I was the only one to shell out the fun bucks for the Hot Ones authentic sauces. There was only five of us in total actually eating the Hot wings while myself and three others made it all the way through to the end with our fifth friend bowing out after the Hot Ones hot sauce which in our line up was the seventh spiciest sauce so overall it was rather tame although Alex made it a lot further then I ever thought he would, lol. We're going to hold another wing event so I bought some different sauces as shown below and they will be a lot hotter than any of the ones we had before, I'm most excited to try the Dirty D**ks hot pepper sauce

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

Last edited by Iceman57; 10-19-2017 at 08:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post: