Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-11-2021, 05:10 PM   #41
chummer
Franchise Player
 
chummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Watching the Boston feed confirmed

You know it's bad when you have to watch Jack Edwards.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 05:13 PM   #42
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben
 
Maritime Q-Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: God's Country (aka Cape Breton Island)
Exp:
Default

In the continued effort to brain wash my son into being a Flames fan I took him to the Rogers Hometown Hockey event this morning. (To save you folks looking up where it is this week, Sydney NS).

Sadly there was very little Flames content. Zero players featured. A Lego knock off figure in a Flames jersey was about it.

He still loved it. His favorite booths were the ones where he could use a hockey stick and shoot pucks.

As we were waiting my 4 year old's turn at the hardest shot booth there were some 13ish year old boys tauntingeach other and goofing off while at the booth. Nothing bad, just teenaged boys being teenaged boys. Until, the guy in front of us took his stick, turned to my son, handed him the stick and asked if he wanted to try, letting my kid go ahead of him.

Then all the boys cheered whenever my kid took a shot. Honestly it was one of the best parts of the day.

That and chatting former Hab Mike MacPhee who was awesome. He showed us his Stanley Cup ring and pointed out that he beat the Flames in the finals to win it. I said to my kid "now that wasn't very nice was it" to which Mike let out a hearty laugh before letting my son know that Lanny MacDonald beat him in 1989 when the Flames won.

If that wasn't enough, the brainwashing was truly setting in as tonight after supper my kid went up to my wife/his mom and said "eenie, meanie, miney, mo, Calgary's C (points to the logo on the jersey he was wearing) is on a roll!" No idea where he got that from, but love it.

So, good vibes for tonight. Good vibes.
__________________

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 05:13 PM   #43
hwy19man
Franchise Player
 
hwy19man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town Hustler View Post
Hrudey is in Toronto. Does that mean.....
Cassie Campbell-Pascal is the colour commentator with Rick Ball.
__________________
----------

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #44
midniteowl
Franchise Player
 
midniteowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
In the continued effort to brain wash my son into being a Flames fan I took him to the Rogers Hometown Hockey event this morning. (To save you folks looking up where it is this week, Sydney NS).

Sadly there was very little Flames content. Zero players featured. A Lego knock off figure in a Flames jersey was about it.

He still loved it. His favorite booths were the ones where he could use a hockey stick and shoot pucks.

As we were waiting my 4 year old's turn at the hardest shot booth there were some 13ish year old boys tauntingeach other and goofing off while at the booth. Nothing bad, just teenaged boys being teenaged boys. Until, the guy in front of us took his stick, turned to my son, handed him the stick and asked if he wanted to try, letting my kid go ahead of him.

Then all the boys cheered whenever my kid took a shot. Honestly it was one of the best parts of the day.

That and chatting former Hab Mike MacPhee who was awesome. He showed us his Stanley Cup ring and pointed out that he beat the Flames in the finals to win it. I said to my kid "now that wasn't very nice was it" to which Mike let out a hearty laugh before letting my son know that Lanny MacDonald beat him in 1989 when the Flames won.

If that wasn't enough, the brainwashing was truly setting in as tonight after supper my kid went up to my wife/his mom and said "eenie, meanie, miney, mo, Calgary's C (points to the logo on the jersey he was wearing) is on a roll!" No idea where he got that from, but love it.

So, good vibes for tonight. Good vibes.

What a smart kid you have there, lucky man!
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 05:24 PM   #45
CroFlames
Franchise Player
 
CroFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
With Stockton?

Dad brain bro. Don’t judge.
CroFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 06:01 PM   #46
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

What's the deal? Why is the stupid Oilers game on BOTH 4K channels?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
__________________
Dealing with Everything from Dead Sea Scrolls to Red C Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #47
Rick M.
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
What's the deal? Why is the stupid Oilers game on BOTH 4K channels?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
So you can see McD’s warp-speed skating without blur no matter where you look.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #48
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player
 
Lanny'sDaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nachodamus.
Exp:
Default

Finally. I had to miss the last three games due to work scheduling, but not tonight!! I will be here to watch the Flames victorious once again
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Best moves the Oilers can make. Draft players. Ship them off. Re-sign when developed.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 06:47 PM   #49
btimbit
Franchise Player
 
btimbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
You know it's bad when you have to watch Jack Edwards.
Yeah not a great solution, but at least he's funny bad I guess
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 07:01 PM   #50
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Yobbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Alberta, Canada
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
What's the deal? Why is the stupid Oilers game on BOTH 4K channels?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
It was the same way the other night. So frickin annoying.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 07:49 PM   #51
megatron
First Line Centre
 
megatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Exp:
Default

Missed the last 3 games because we were on holiday the past week.

Back to watching today. Sounds like they have been coming down to earth with 3 losses.

Go Flames Go!
__________________
megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 07:54 PM   #52
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player
 
Heavy Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In the studio
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron View Post
Missed the last 3 games because we were on holiday the past week.

Back to watching today. Sounds like they have been coming down to earth with 3 losses.

Go Flames Go!
Looks like we’ll be back on track boys!

Also… post 12000?!?! Man time flies, love you CP!
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 07:58 PM   #53
direwolf
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Vancouver
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron View Post
Back to watching today. Sounds like they have been coming down to earth with 3 losses.

Sort of. They're still playing excellent hockey for the most part, but they've had some seriously bad puck luck lately and the PP has cooled off.

Good news is they're still in 1st place, and a win tonight could put some much needed distance between them and the teams chasing them.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 08:02 PM   #54
jg13
Franchise Player
 
jg13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Literally clicked "Flames vs Boston" and they start immediately talking about Draisaitl and McDavid. CBC is no good.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:02 PM   #55
dissentowner
Franchise Player
 
dissentowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SW Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy19man View Post
Cassie Campbell-Pascal is the colour commentator with Rick Ball.
Which means definitely Boston feed or mute.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
calgary , tkachuk , win

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Calgary Flames
2021-22




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021