Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-21-2020, 09:42 AM   #21
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Unfortunately, the shipping from Thunder Bay scares me too much with a statue. Shipping+insurance would kill any savings on the statue.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #22
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

My kids would love some beat up Archie and Richie Rich if you have any!
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:42 AM   #23
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shipping shouldn't be an issue, I can get a good price on shipping with insurance. There is a box that you can ship anywhere in Canada for a flat rate.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:27 AM   #24
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone wants pictures of something, just let me know. As for shipping, if we agree on a price I will look into shipping cost and if it isn't too much I can just include it in the price.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:26 PM   #25
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone? Could really use the help...
Old 06-26-2020, 06:47 PM   #26
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a bad idea, and it probably borders on fraud...

1) Get insurance on the statue.
2) Dress it up like a historic figure with a sketchy past.
3) Wait for angry mob to destroy it.
4) Profit
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:40 PM   #27
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a bowen adam warlock modern version statue I'm selling. Make me an offer, including shipping, and if it's reasonable it's yours. Private message me or make an offer here.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:33 PM   #28
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's a store in Hamilton called Bounty Hunter Toys. He does have some comics but definitely has statues and other collectibles. His online store is down because of issues but you can contact him if you're will to ship the stuff there. I haven't sold him anything myself but I heard he offers good prices. He offered my brother a ton for his original Transformers.

Worth a look and an email, if you're desperate and willing to ship.

http://bountyhuntertoys.com/
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:47 PM   #29
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Just bumping a few threads on this topic to ask if anyone who has graded comics has ever graded magazines? And if so who did you use? Also materials for storing them properly like we would with comic backers.

I've inherited a whole swack of boxing magazines and sports illustrated from the 60s-90s that are in incredible shape. Like I mean every issue of the Ring from those years, plus a bunch of SI full sets, various other magazines and 'special one offs'. Trying to sort through and figure out what to do with all of this stuff..
Old 10-30-2023, 02:13 AM   #30
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Just bumping a few threads on this topic to ask if anyone who has graded comics has ever graded magazines? And if so who did you use? Also materials for storing them properly like we would with comic backers.

I've inherited a whole swack of boxing magazines and sports illustrated from the 60s-90s that are in incredible shape. Like I mean every issue of the Ring from those years, plus a bunch of SI full sets, various other magazines and 'special one offs'. Trying to sort through and figure out what to do with all of this stuff..
CGC is best for grading magazines, as they are for comics. Check eBay sold values or GPA for past sales. Sports Illustrated, Nintendo Power, and Playboy generally sell well; others I personally can't comment on.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2023, 07:31 AM   #31
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

It would be really expensive, and likely not worth getting them all graded.

As trackercowe said, take some time and check ebay sold listings for which ones are going for the most money and consider getting those graded. Until then, there are bags and boards for magazines like they have for comic books. It would be worth your time and money to buy some of those to preserve the condition of the magazines.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2023, 10:51 AM   #32
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Wow the sold search is amazing, and so much more accurate than just what stuff is listed for, thanks for that. Apparently it only goes back 90 days but still good to see what some have sold for.

And ya the plan was to just isolate maybe 10 or so to send in that seem to be worth the time/effort/money to grade... if that. Or just dump them as full years, that seems to be the most common thing to do. Either way I will figure that part out, appreciate the help. Have either of you ever sent in to CGC before? Good experience?

I found some good sleeves on amazon but it appears my local shops also carry all this stuff so that helps as well.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:11 AM   #33
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Wow the sold search is amazing, and so much more accurate than just what stuff is listed for, thanks for that. Apparently it only goes back 90 days but still good to see what some have sold for.

And ya the plan was to just isolate maybe 10 or so to send in that seem to be worth the time/effort/money to grade... if that. Or just dump them as full years, that seems to be the most common thing to do. Either way I will figure that part out, appreciate the help. Have either of you ever sent in to CGC before? Good experience?

I found some good sleeves on amazon but it appears my local shops also carry all this stuff so that helps as well.
I've only ever sent in sports cards for grading, to Beckett and PSA. I'd assume it would be the same principle with magazines. I would take a look at their website to see how they want the items packaged to them.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/artic...shipping-kits/

Each grading company has their own shipping preferences, and I would follow those as closely as possible, as you don't want to piss the graders off before they start grading, which is a very subjective process.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2023, 11:12 AM   #34
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You can search here for sales >90 days. It's not the best tool in the drawer, but it can provide more insight https://130point.com/sales/?fbclid=I...K5E1erfWTF0Fyg.

Yes I ship to CGC often. My experiences have generally been good, personally I haven't had many problems with them. The service is rather expensive, I would recommend using your own shipping account (via FedEx) rather than using their own shipping service. At one point in took them 18 months to grade magazines, but that timespan has thankfully closed. Right now I'd imagine it would take 2-3 months to grade your magazines.

Just be careful in what you submit. The market for magazines is smaller than it is for comics. I'm sure there is some value there, just do your best in evaluating them yourself, including the perspective grade.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2023, 08:49 AM   #35
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
You can search here for sales >90 days. It's not the best tool in the drawer, but it can provide more insight https://130point.com/sales/?fbclid=I...K5E1erfWTF0Fyg.

Yes I ship to CGC often. My experiences have generally been good, personally I haven't had many problems with them. The service is rather expensive, I would recommend using your own shipping account (via FedEx) rather than using their own shipping service. At one point in took them 18 months to grade magazines, but that timespan has thankfully closed. Right now I'd imagine it would take 2-3 months to grade your magazines.

Just be careful in what you submit. The market for magazines is smaller than it is for comics. I'm sure there is some value there, just do your best in evaluating them yourself, including the perspective grade.
I think that is the biggest thing is just trying to figure out what grade you would expect, then expect it to be probably what, 1-2 points lower than that?

It is incredible how well the magazines have been preserved, but there are definitely some that are better than others.

Do you use their press and clean service to when you send things in? Not sure if that is just a gimmick or legit helps.

I think no matter what happens I'll be keeping a handful for my own collection. I've also got binders of hockey cards and some older comics.. is CGC on the same level as PSA and the others for card grading?
Old 11-07-2023, 06:07 AM   #36
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
I think that is the biggest thing is just trying to figure out what grade you would expect, then expect it to be probably what, 1-2 points lower than that?

It is incredible how well the magazines have been preserved, but there are definitely some that are better than others.

Do you use their press and clean service to when you send things in? Not sure if that is just a gimmick or legit helps.

I think no matter what happens I'll be keeping a handful for my own collection. I've also got binders of hockey cards and some older comics.. is CGC on the same level as PSA and the others for card grading?
For hockey card grading PSA is the best bet. Beckett bgs is also good, but not as valuable these days. SGC is big in non hockey sports. CGC is not popular for sports cards.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2024, 10:02 PM   #37
jerichozo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I've wanted a copy of Amazing Spider Man 40 forever
jerichozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:02 PM   #38
jerichozo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hoping my Saga collection becomes valuable one day.
jerichozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:49 AM   #39
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is anyone interested in buying comics, cards, or statues?

Motivated seller!
Old 03-23-2024, 05:41 PM   #40
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I buy comics and know guys who buy cards and statues. I'll shoot you a PM.