Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2023, 10:06 PM   #161
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Can't believe I was actually excited for that turd of a final and worked hard to avoid spoilers all morning. Did South Africa even attempt to run with the ball once?

For that poster that was wondering why Rugby League is so much more popular in Australia, check out all these exciting tries from the Australia vs New Zealand match the other day.

That is much better than when I have watched League and it was like watching paint dry except less exciting.

Not that the final today is much to write home about.

It is cool that they use the video to get things right but at this point it is taking away from the game for sure.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:08 PM   #162
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
What an anti-climatic final, even for a one point game. One try and everyone is talking about the officiating.

Can we get the 20 minute red card implemented already? Completely illogical a red card infraction in the 10th minute is a 70 minute penalty, while if you do the same infraction in the 70th minute it might as well have been a yellow.

Not a great advertisement for rugby with the constant stoppages and confusing calls.
I think with how harsh they are being with any head contact I totally agree with the 20 min red card or at least bring in a third card, orange obviously makes sense, for a play like happened today.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:22 AM   #163
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
That is much better than when I have watched League and it was like watching paint dry except less exciting.

Not that the final today is much to write home about.

It is cool that they use the video to get things right but at this point it is taking away from the game for sure.
Look for State of Origin on the Youtubes.

NRL posts the games.

The speed of off the charts, but I find some regular "non best on best" League to be dull at times.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2023, 10:11 PM   #164
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

How are all our kiwi friends coping?

Had one co worker tell me they spent the day crying.

Had another who refs rugby union that just sent in their resignation. Called the finals officiating with the TMO impact a disaster they don’t want to be a part of and is only reffing league from now on.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:47 AM   #165
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Had another who refs rugby union that just sent in their resignation. Called the finals officiating with the TMO impact a disaster they don’t want to be a part of and is only reffing league from now on.
What was the issue? The red to Cane? I thought it was a bit harsh, personally, but I also get it. They’re trying to eliminate contact to the head.

It’s interesting to me, but the game seems a lot more ballistic than it was when I played. I don’t know if it’s just plain bigger, faster more athletic guys (could be a piece of it), or a more aggressive style in terms of the contact. Obviously tackles are still wrapped and everything like that, but there just seems to be more emphasis on sticking guys today than there once was? Maybe I’m just making that up though?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 02:55 PM   #166
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Disclaimer - not a born and raised kiwi and not a huge rugby fan.

I'm way more gutted about our recent election result than the rugby, in fact I wanted the All Black to lose to Ireland (the day after the election) to wipe the smiles off the smug boomers' faces after voting to f over young people and the environment.

So, good I guess?
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 09:57 AM   #167
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
What was the issue? The red to Cane? I thought it was a bit harsh, personally, but I also get it. They’re trying to eliminate contact to the head.

It’s interesting to me, but the game seems a lot more ballistic than it was when I played. I don’t know if it’s just plain bigger, faster more athletic guys (could be a piece of it), or a more aggressive style in terms of the contact. Obviously tackles are still wrapped and everything like that, but there just seems to be more emphasis on sticking guys today than there once was? Maybe I’m just making that up though?
The game has changed. The game is really about owning the contact zone and setting it before the gain line (if you are without the ball). It is about being dominate in your tackle and physically bitching the ball carrier.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:

Tags
game played in heaven , play rugby give blood , scrum pox