Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2021, 05:38 AM   #201
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the flames have to win at least 9 of 13. More if they don’t win all 4 against the habs. So I’m not holding my breath on playoffs. But it certainly more enjoyable watching the games since the lineup changes.

D pairings are working way better.

Gaudreau finally having two solid linemates has made a big difference.

Dube and Mangiapane together has worked well.

Nordstrom has looked really good lately. He has zero offensive skills. But he’s all over the place causing havoc

Really like Leivo on the checking line. Hated him on the top line.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2021, 07:14 AM   #202
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

A good game and a good win.

The Flames haven't been on a good run all season, I believe the current 3 game winning streak is as many straight wins they've had all season, maybe 3 times now, so this will be a good time to go on a run and hopefully squeak into the playoffs.

I'm a little surprised that Darryl keeps talking about the pace and the team not being able to keep up, that's not a good look on the team and how they weren't really prepared or ready. I don't think he's saying it to try and motivate but rather because it's true.
When you look back at the team under Ward, they were kind of loose and wonky, playing much tighter as a group now.

I also noticed the coaching on the bench as another poster mentioned, good coaching is important.

I expect Markstrom to be getting the bulk of the work load down the stretch here as he should, that's why he's here.
Also amazing achievement by Mark Giordano on surpassing Al MacInnis for winning goals. I think Gio is still fine, was an adjustment for him not playing with Brodie, the new pairings suit themselves well I believe.

Solid win, Go Flames!
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:46 AM   #203
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Garry Galley noticed them ringing around the boards a few times, when that is a tool in the toolbox that was used way tonight than in many recent games
I almost could read this. Kinda hurt though.
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yrebmi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2021, 08:04 AM   #204
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Calgary Flames
@NHLFlames
·
3m
Forever young and fresh.

At 37 years and 193 days,
@MarkGio05
scored his 2nd game-winning goal of the season and became the 2nd player in #Flames franchise history to score multiple GWG at age 37 or older.

The other?

Craig Conroy, who did so 3 times.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:11 AM   #205
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

You really nailed me. Feel better now? Nothing like pointing out a single comment borne out of anger and drinking in the heat of the moment.

This is boring.

Edit: BTW, at that point I was factually correct. Their point percentage under Sutter then was horrible compared to Ward. They didn't look very good on the ice either. But you do you, man. Keep grinding that axe.
DUDE. The internet is forever. You are literally the worst for posting a strong opinion, being proven wrong, and then somehow, being drunk and angry means u didn't have that opinion?. You are nothing but a bandwagon fan who's opinions seem to mirror statistics and game scores. Sutter has never been a bad coach, though he has coached some bad teams to impressive results. I know its hard to believe but Sutter was as much a legendary coach 8 games ago, as he is now.
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kipper_3434 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2021, 08:22 AM   #206
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Stoooooooooooooooppppppppppp. Who cares?
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:30 AM   #207
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

960 just had one of the Habs media guys on the air. They really think that team is really good and the Flames are slow and have been fortunate to slow down the mighty Habs. I've never though that team is very good and they are really just lucky the Canucks and Flames totally #### the bed this season as they don't belong in the playoffs.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:33 AM   #208
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
960 just had one of the Habs media guys on the air. They really think that team is really good and the Flames are slow and have been fortunate to slow down the mighty Habs. I've never though that team is very good and they are really just lucky the Canucks and Flames totally #### the bed this season as they don't belong in the playoffs.
Is the media guy aware the Flames have more wins than the Habs?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:53 AM   #209
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm.

Last edited by direwolf; 04-15-2021 at 08:55 AM.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #210
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even though the Flames are back 4 points, they have the the ROW advantage. So if the the Flames can catch the Habs, in all likelihood they will just need to tie them in points.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #211
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Is the media guy aware the Flames have more wins than the Habs?
You don't get to be a Habs reporter by telling the truth.

See: Iginla Hart Trophy voting "loss".
Mtl reporting is a joke

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flashpoint For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #212
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Eric Engels. Everytime I read an article by him I have a chuckle. Guy is a bozo.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #213
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
How does one even...
Read it with a French accent and it works.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:19 AM   #214
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked the faceoffs last might. Not only because they led directly to a goal, or even just because they got possession, but also because they showed the team was focussed on on task.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #215
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Of the Flames remaining opponents, only Montreal will be fighting for their playoff lives. In a typical year, I would imagine that you would wind up playing a few more games where the other team had a lot at stake. As long as Calgary can take care of business against the Canadiens, it is quite possible for them to go on a bit of a roll as they should have more motivation than the rest of the teams they are playing.
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #216
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah....

Newsflash: Habs are not very good.

Huge streak to start, and still have less wins than the Flames.

Flames and Canucks have undoubtedly not played their best this season, whereas the Habs have arguably played a little over their heads thanks to that start.

Flames didn't just catch them sleeping, its been 3 dominant games from them now over those guys. Like start to finish, under full control. Even despite the score being close at points.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:44 AM   #217
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
*groan*

If you really want to rehash old posts, what I said was that we owed Ward an apology because he did pretty well considering the habits of the players. I never said anything about Sutter doing worse (although there were major struggles with goal scoring at first that were concerning).

It has something to do with coaching, but I think it's about a different message or style making an impression. They haven't changed their style dramatically. Defending better, making smarter plays when they have the puck, that's about it.
I think Sutter's been saying it since he got here. They aren't up to the pace of the rest of the league. IE, they are not conditioned properly. They haven't been pushed to get them to play full 60 mins at 100% pace. We've all seen how a rare a complete game has been for years.

The problem is, thats not something that can changed with a system change and some new line combos. It's months of practice at game pace that get you there, but we're a little late at this point.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:05 AM   #218
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I honestly think in the north division the Habs are the worst team I’ve seen the Flames play.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:10 AM   #219
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's tragic, actually. Truly horrible. Someone should really notify Montreal's civic offices and get them to start building some levees, weirs and other flood control measures, as that city's tears is going to fill up the St Lawrence River and cause major flooding.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:14 AM   #220
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
That's tragic, actually. Truly horrible. Someone should really notify Montreal's civic offices and get them to start building some levees, weirs and other flood control measures, as that city's tears is going to fill up the St Lawrence River and cause major flooding.
Isn't this the same fan base that called the cops on Lucic because he was too rough against their hockey team? There was an actual investigation into it.

I thought there was something like that.