Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2022, 07:20 PM   #5321
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
What did Fuzz hope to accomplish with his snide remarks when he said I should watch the video and Sliver chiming in that I wouldn't? It's okay to take shots at me and I should just ignore it?
Irrelevant. I asked you a question about your own response. What did you hope to accomplish with that comment?

Look, you can't control what other people say, but you 100% have control over your own statements.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:35 PM   #5322
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Because there's a HUGE swath of Albertans are sheep who will vote conservative regardless. Sean Chu being completely incompetent should have been disqualifying for Calgary voters before his sexual misconduct came to light, and he's been elected three times.

Voters are complete idiots.
You miss the real point here. In both situations actually. Again, regardless of anything a huge amount of people will vote for continuity if nothing changes for them.

People will miss the bat####ness of Smith because it will be ignored because nothing really has changed in 4 years. And god knows she will change her messaging when the actual election is coming up.

Last edited by Weitz; 12-14-2022 at 07:37 PM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:40 PM   #5323
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Should we continue the war of insults? Let me know.
I thought it was just a fact-off.

Quote:
What did Fuzz hope to accomplish with his snide remarks when he said I should watch the video and Sliver chiming in that I wouldn't? It's okay to take shots at me and I should just ignore it?
You were complaining a few days ago that the NDP was doing too much attacking and not enough stumping. Your first response was her hairstyle. Truly a great job representing the poor orphaned conservatives and engaging in thoughtful discussion.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 07:48 PM   #5324
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.albertasfuture.ca/public...d/files/221150

Haven't seen anyone share it yet, but the NDP released their "economic" platform today. Looks like a great plan to attract investment to me.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 08:02 PM   #5325
CroCop
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
I think this trend looks good for the Ucp. The Smith bubble near the end seems to be a blip and they are back on the rise. As I mentioned before I think they will start winning some of the moderate middle as they march toward the spring election.

As for myself I was undecided as I am not a Smith supporter and frankly she really turns me off. The last couple of days I was able to meet and speak with several MLAs(Ucp and Ndp) including couple ministers and the DP. None were bad people. Since then despite my feelings of Danielle Smith I feel the Ucp best fits the interest of my business and industry.
CroCop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroCop For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 08:45 PM   #5326
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
I think this trend looks good for the Ucp. The Smith bubble near the end seems to be a blip and they are back on the rise. As I mentioned before I think they will start winning some of the moderate middle as they march toward the spring election.

As for myself I was undecided as I am not a Smith supporter and frankly she really turns me off. The last couple of days I was able to meet and speak with several MLAs(Ucp and Ndp) including couple ministers and the DP. None were bad people. Since then despite my feelings of Danielle Smith I feel the Ucp best fits the interest of my business and industry.
Must just be a coincidence that the rise almost exactly mirrors the fall of the WIP vote, a party where the craziest UCP voters were considering parking their vote pre-Smith.

Gonna call bull#### on you disliking Smith, though. You’d have to be dumb or a partisan hack to think the UCP is moving more moderate than it was under Kenney lol. It’s ok to be honest.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 09:03 PM   #5327
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was the deputy Premier Kaycee Madu per chance?
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:55 PM   #5328
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Good lord. Just say you refuse to vote for anyone but the UCP, it's much easier than lying. There's nothing to like about Smith or the UCP at this point. They haven't improved a single thing and made a lot of things a whole lot worse.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:11 PM   #5329
CroCop
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
Was the deputy Premier Kaycee Madu per chance?
No Dp Neudorf. Minister Madu was present but I didn’t get time with him.
CroCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:34 PM   #5330
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be fair, there are plenty of businesses in this province making serious cash from UCP corruption and embezzlement. Maybe Crocop deals in plagiarized graphic design or something...
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:09 PM   #5331
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
You miss the real point here. In both situations actually. Again, regardless of anything a huge amount of people will vote for continuity if nothing changes for them.

People will miss the bat####ness of Smith because it will be ignored because nothing really has changed in 4 years. And god knows she will change her messaging when the actual election is coming up.
Albertans are utterly predictable when it comes to voting. You can call it now. UCP will handily take rural Alberta, Edmonton is NDP, and Calgary is a toss up.

But voters in Alberta are so lazy that they don't bother to understand what these policies are going to do to them in the future. Voting for the UCP will make everything more expensive for EVERYONE eventually, but a couple of people will get richer.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:30 PM   #5332
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Albertans are utterly predictable when it comes to voting. You can call it now. UCP will handily take rural Alberta, Edmonton is NDP, and Calgary is a toss up.

But voters in Alberta are so lazy that they don't bother to understand what these policies are going to do to them in the future. Voting for the UCP will make everything more expensive for EVERYONE eventually, but a couple of people will get richer.
Yep, Weitz unfortunately summed up our stupid province perfectly. NDP will present an excellent platform, while the UCP will present....the devastating stupidity we're seeing now.

But you know what will happen? The NDP will have ONE slip up close to election time, and half our dummies will jump up and go "OMG!!! YEAH, I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE VOTED NDP, BUT NOT NOWWWWWWW!!!!. They had my vote and ****ed it up!!!". (aka: The UCP is cutting off 50% of our bodies, but the NDP just showed they might cut off a piece of our ear!!!!).

Spoiler alert, in their heart, they were waiting for and knew that one slip up was coming and they were going to vote "conservative" all along.

Last edited by jayswin; 12-14-2022 at 11:33 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 11:36 PM   #5333
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I hate attack ads like. So many lies in this short video and that sad reality is the uninformed voters will accept this as truth.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1603079997966602240
Old 12-14-2022, 11:48 PM   #5334
ooogabooga
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Out of curiosity, how does the UCP best fit the interest of your business and the industry you’re in? While I will admit I am not a UCP voter, and I won’t be UCP voter, I’m genuinely curious what policies they are enacting that are a benefit? Even to businesses my employer is based out of Quebec and pays Quebec level of taxation, and my income this year has increased 15% more than my wife’s primarily related to cost of living over the past year. (Full disclosure, we are in completely different industries) The business my wife works for is Alberta based and therefore would have access to the taxation benefits that a company has compared to a company operating out of Quebec.

Last edited by ooogabooga; 12-14-2022 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Fix “business to businesses”
ooogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:49 PM   #5335
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I hate attack ads like. So many lies in this short video and that sad reality is the uninformed voters will accept this as truth.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1603079997966602240
Well. Thats a lot to unpack so I'm not going to bother really.

However, I would support a Government endeavour to give Citizens the right to hunt down anyone who would use a Tim Allen 'Grunt' in any official propaganda that was not deemed to be complete nonsensical drivel.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 05:23 AM   #5336
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
https://www.albertasfuture.ca/public...d/files/221150

Haven't seen anyone share it yet, but the NDP released their "economic" platform today. Looks like a great plan to attract investment to me.
In all honesty, there’s not a lot there to get that excited about. I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just that there’s not enough details there to really understand what they’re doing.

Take the Venture Fund. Sounds good. But is this a case of the government picking winners/losers or how is that going to be run? I do like the tax credits and some of the initiatives to try to diversify though.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 06:18 AM   #5337
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sigh. Can we, like, pause the election campaign until Easter? I feel like by election time we are all just going to want it to end, no matter the outcome. A 4 minute attack ad before Christmas? Ugh.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 06:32 AM   #5338
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Sigh. Can we, like, pause the election campaign until Easter? I feel like by election time we are all just going to want it to end, no matter the outcome. A 4 minute attack ad before Christmas? Ugh.
I have a feeling the attack ads are going to get worse before the election is over. Welcome to American style politics
Old 12-15-2022, 08:32 AM   #5339
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
I have a feeling the attack ads are going to get worse before the election is over. Welcome to American style politics
They’re just comments Dion. Don’t be so sensitive.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:08 AM   #5340
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
Please tell her to stop attacking.

Please tell her to provide policy solutions.

Please tell her to change her hairstyle.

What's next in the excuse line for not voting for the NDP?
She doesn't smile enough? Women love been told they should smile more often.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post: