Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #41
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller View Post
Don't we all.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen. I have a feeling it is not going to be happy at all.
Given the title of the episode, high unlikely.

Spoiler!
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #42
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Good second last episode. I wanted to see House cry. Has he ever cried on the show?

I don't want Wilson to die. I don't like this. I need to believe that once the show is over, Wilson is alive and happy in TV land.

So, is Chase just done? If so, I don't like how they ended that. It just seemed really tacked on.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:09 AM   #43
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
Good second last episode. I wanted to see House cry. Has he ever cried on the show?

I don't want Wilson to die. I don't like this. I need to believe that once the show is over, Wilson is alive and happy in TV land.

So, is Chase just done? If so, I don't like how they ended that. It just seemed really tacked on.
I think House crying would be a lie to the audience. That isn't him at all.

You are sweet to think that and it certainly shows you have a good quality about you. Unfortunately, Wilson has to die. It's a highly unrealistic show but it still uses western medicine logic and Wilson can't just get cured... Unfortunately.

Chase is done. He left to start his own diagnostic team. They wrote him out even if the show was continuing as his contract expired for the show. He signed a one year for season 8.

Lisa Eldstein was written out of season 8 because she wouldn't take a pay cut.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #44
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Everybody cries.

I realize that Wilson will die, I said I don't want him to die. I want House to last minute diagnose him with something else and save his life and then they can go off to Vegas together and get hookers or something House like.

Yeah, I watched the episode with Chase leaving, I know how he left. I am saying I don't like how they left it. It was just tacked on and then he was gone. It was a pathetic ending for a character that has been with the series the entire time. "This guy said I wasted his opportunities, so I am leaving now. Bye." I didn't like it. I want something better than that.

I can't say that I have missed Cuddy at all. I thought I would, but I didn't. To me, it's always been about House and Wilson.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #45
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I can't say that I have missed Cuddy at all. I thought I would, but I didn't. To me, it's always been about House and Wilson.
I think Cuddy leaving started the end of the show quite frankly. I didn't like it so much when Cuddy and House got together, but Cuddy's control over House is what made the show plausible before they were together. Them getting together and then Cuddy leaving meant the shows shelf life was basically done IMO.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #46
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

I'm not saying Cuddy was irrelevant, I just didn't miss her. Yes, she enabled House, but so did everyone else. And she's gone now and he still gets away with stuff. He strangled a man in the last episode. And what gets the cops attention? He stuffed tickets down a toilet. Vandalism = bad. Attempted murder = Who cares?

I think the show already didn't have much time left, whether Cuddy had stayed or not. The originals were leaving or gone already, some of the replacements had left. And I believe Hugh Laurie wanted out as well. It was time. It'll still suck to see it end, because I still think it's generally pretty solid.

The show was always about House and Wilson for me. That was the most enjoyable part of it, their exchanges, their pranks, their road trips.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #47
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Everybody cries.

I realize that Wilson will die, I said I don't want him to die. I want House to last minute diagnose him with something else and save his life and then they can go off to Vegas together and get hookers or something House like.

Yeah, I watched the episode with Chase leaving, I know how he left. I am saying I don't like how they left it. It was just tacked on and then he was gone. It was a pathetic ending for a character that has been with the series the entire time. "This guy said I wasted his opportunities, so I am leaving now. Bye." I didn't like it. I want something better than that.

Only sick twisted people want Wilson to die. He is a great character, and also a bit of an enigma! Who in there right mind would put up with such abuse from a "friend"!

As for Chase leaving so abruptly, I've done that in a job before, but you can chalk that up to lazy writing. I think they just wanted to focus on the final episodes with Wilson and House and not explain the events of each character in the final episode. I agree though it was abrupt. Also with House, you don't want to give him time to think of a way to con you back in! ha ha It was very much like Cameron leaving.

I mentioned Cuddy just because of the contract negotiations. I also didn't like the House/Cuddy relationship storyline. THAT was the sign that the show was coming to an end. House can't have a normal relationship no matter how badly he thinks he does. Once the show went there, Cuddy became irrelevant IMO. I didn't miss her at all as well.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #48
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm just amazed how much you two believe Cuddy was irrelevant. I think the show missing her SO much is one of the main reasons it's not coming back. They could have easily left them with no relationship or an ended relationship and the show would have been so much better for it.

While I'm not saying the show isn't about House and Wilson, I think Cuddy was that important as well.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #49
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm just amazed how much you two believe Cuddy was irrelevant. I think the show missing her SO much is one of the main reasons it's not coming back. They could have easily left them with no relationship or an ended relationship and the show would have been so much better for it.

While I'm not saying the show isn't about House and Wilson, I think Cuddy was that important as well.
Agreed, and I think that it also killed Foreman's intrigue as well. Foreman is just a familiar face now. There's no antagonistic relationship between he and house based on the fact that they are so alike.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #50
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
I'm not saying Cuddy was irrelevant, I just didn't miss her. Yes, she enabled House, but so did everyone else. And she's gone now and he still gets away with stuff. He strangled a man in the last episode. And what gets the cops attention? He stuffed tickets down a toilet. Vandalism = bad. Attempted murder = Who cares?

I think the show already didn't have much time left, whether Cuddy had stayed or not. The originals were leaving or gone already, some of the replacements had left. And I believe Hugh Laurie wanted out as well. It was time. It'll still suck to see it end, because I still think it's generally pretty solid.
I explicitly said that I didn't think she was irrelevant. I said that I did not miss her. I previously enjoyed their relationship in the show, but to me, it was killed when they got together. I would have preferred they never got together, after seeing what happened to that relationship within the context of the show.

I originally was disappointed when she left the show, but throughout the season, I found myself not missing her at all.

I agree about Foreman. He is no longer a character on the show, frankly. He occasionally comes into play, but not much. I liked his back and forth with House when they were trying to point out the similarities between them, especially when Foreman left the hospital and got into trouble for going against his new hospital's policies. I still remember the scene where he and House were in the elevator and they panned down to their shoes and they were wearing the same ones. It was clever. But that Foreman is gone.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #51
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I explicitly said that I didn't think she was irrelevant. I said that I did not miss her. I previously enjoyed their relationship in the show, but to me, it was killed when they got together. I would have preferred they never got together, after seeing what happened to that relationship within the context of the show.
Sorry, saw irrelevant in the last post and mentioned that. You are correct, you did not say that.

Really though, they could have gotten them back close to the way it was if she had stayed IMO.

I also agree on Foreman. His character is dead now. Just an awful writing direction.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #52
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

I'm not so sure they could have gone back to what they were before, unless maybe they changed the way their relationship ended (IE - the car through the bay window situation). You don't come back from that. You don't go back to being besties after someone drives a car through your house, which could have either killed or seriously harmed you.

Even if they did change the way it ended, they were in a full fledged relationship, it wasn't just a one off fling type situation. Their relationship had, IMO, irreversibly changed the second they got together on a permanent basis. I don't think there was going back to what it was before. And that's fine. It wasn't so much that I was against them changing their relationship, it was that I didn't like how they changed their relationship.

I will say, had she stayed, it could have been interesting to see how they would interact following that whole incident. I actually hoped they had done more to reconcile that, instead of just starting the season with House in jail and never seeing Cuddy again.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #53
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There is no logic to that. He drove his car into her home! Where her child plays! NOBODY would get over that. It was done well and I loved it!

Unless you are saying they should have ended it in a reasonable manner... Because that's exactly what House is - reasonable!

Most shows start dying when the sexual tension ends between two main characters and that's what happens when characters become couples. It happens all the time and the best thing to do is punt the supporting cast member.

The show focuses on specific characters at a time. When Foreman was the focus Chase was the non essential character. In fact, we didn't see/hear much of Chase till season 4 or something like that...

Tomorrow I will celebrate and mourn the end.

The show isn't coming back because of Cuddy. It's not coming back because of contract disputes. House still gets above average ratings, but the Cast and Universal Media Services wanted too much money comparative to it's ratings.

example http://blogcritics.org/video/article...e-md-still-up/

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 05-20-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #54
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Be Quite Honest View Post
There is no logic to that. He drove his car into her home! Where her child plays! NOBODY would get over that. It was done well and I loved it!
Meh, they could have written it so Cuddy stayed. I still firmly believe the ratings would have been better if Cuddy would have stayed, hence Cuddy leaving started to spell the end of the show IMO.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #55
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Meh, they could have written it so Cuddy stayed. I still firmly believe the ratings would have been better if Cuddy would have stayed, hence Cuddy leaving started to spell the end of the show IMO.
Lisa wouldn't take a pay cut so she was written out and the way they did it was awesome!

How would you have written the script then? Keep them together? How would you break them up keeping it relevant to House's character. Keeping them together or civil is boring and being that House is a sociopathic, megalomaniac with masochistic tenancies, there wouldn't be a good ending for the two if they broke up. Especially if Cuddy was hosting a dinner with another possible relationship.

There is a steady decline in the viewership starting as early as Season 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_House_episodes

Average viewers since Season 5:

4 - lowest viewer episode was 13.26 million and the highest was 29.04 million. A guess at 18 million average at a glance.

5 - 13,35 million
6 - 12,63 million
7 - 9,9 million (Cuddy and House date through this season)
8 - 7,1 million

The Cuddy/House relationship story-line killed the show. They tried to save it by creating a huge House moment but it had lost it's wavering viewers by episode 17 last year. Punting Cuddy was a valid attempt and the best option to try and save the show, but I believe it was too late and people turned to Two and a Half Men and Dancing With the Stars instead... BOOOOOO!

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 05-21-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #56
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hard to grasp that it's all over this evening.

At least they get to end it, rather than have an abrupt cancellation.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #57
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Yeah, I don't like that it's ending. And Wilson....

I wish it was actually a two hour episode, instead of a regular one hour with a retrospective episode.

Any thoughts on how it goes down? Wilson dead? Suicide pact? Everyone dies? Hospital blows up? It turns out it is Lupus?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #58
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I don't like that it's ending. And Wilson....

I wish it was actually a two hour episode, instead of a regular one hour with a retrospective episode.

Any thoughts on how it goes down? Wilson dead? Suicide pact? Everyone dies? Hospital blows up? It turns out it is Lupus?
Sarcoidosis. It has to be one of these times.

I hope it's nothing as extravagant as the entire hospital blowing up/shooting spree/every character being killed off.

I assume Wilson dies in the final episode (I know, that was tough to assume). I would think they'd accelerate 13's symptoms so House has to stand by his word and kill that character off, and in the darkest timeline, House would purposefully OD, but I'd be a bit surprised if they kill off his character.

I just hope they end it in the fashion that the show has followed thus far, and not have anything completely out of character for the show.

I'm really curious to see where they pick up this episode time-wise. Will he be starting his stint in prison, or ending it? Or will they pull some 13th hour magic and he just gets house arrest (pun intended) for 6 months.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #59
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

They went for the happy ending...I thought it was cheesy and sucked.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #60
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
They went for the happy ending...I thought it was cheesy and sucked.
If you consider Wilson dying of cancer and House losing the two things in his life that gave it meaning 'happy'.

I actually quite enjoyed it. One of the better series endings, IMO.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house , house md , tv shows