Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #821
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
THQNordic didn’t see an issue with doing an AMA on 8chan eh? Bold move Cotton, let’s see how it works out for them.

...oh my it is not working out well at all. This was a terrible decision.
Clue me in - what's the issue with 8chan and how is it different than 4chan?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #822
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Is there PVP? Is it open world/instance? Are there dungeon raids? How does it compare to other MMO's?

I might be able to convince a few buddies to try this out with me.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:29 PM   #823
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Clue me in - what's the issue with 8chan and how is it different than 4chan?
Oh boy where to start. 8chan is a vile den of pedophiles, QAnon, swatting, white nationalists, and ethics in video game journalism. They may as well have done an AMA on stormfront. Just getting absolutely dragged right now as they attempt to backtrack and play dumb.

Imagine the absolute worst you think 4chan can be, now imagine where the people who are worse than that go when they get banned from 4chan. As stupid a PR move as any company has made in quite some time.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #824
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Ending of ME3 kicked it off, Dragon Age Inquisition wasn't bad, SWTOR albeit still alive, was a bust (I still actively play), I think this could be it for Bioware, going to be taken behind the shed and EA'd.
In my opinion, I would say Dragon Age 2 was the start for many to question what Bioware was thinking. Inquisition definitely didn't have a smooth development either.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:12 PM   #825
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Oh boy where to start. 8chan is a vile den of pedophiles, QAnon, swatting, white nationalists, and ethics in video game journalism. They may as well have done an AMA on stormfront. Just getting absolutely dragged right now as they attempt to backtrack and play dumb.

Imagine the absolute worst you think 4chan can be, now imagine where the people who are worse than that go when they get banned from 4chan. As stupid a PR move as any company has made in quite some time.
Yeah, whatever local person greenlit that is going to be looking for work real soon.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #826
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dirt Rally 2 is all it's cracked up to be. Might be the best rally game in a decade
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:22 AM   #827
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Dirt Rally 2 is all it's cracked up to be. Might be the best rally game in a decade
Yeah it's terrific. My first purchase in career was the BMW E30. What a slippy boat! Everything is a handful in this game
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #828
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Yep, the only buzz online is negative. Makes all the same mistakes Destiny 1 did, except not as fun to play and people are far less forgiving 4.5 years later.

Unfortunately, with two high priced duds in a row, I'm not sure Bioware will get another crack at it.
I think Destiny has kind of ruined this type of game. Too many jaded gamers out there that feel these games aren't good value for full retail after being burned by Bungie.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:37 AM   #829
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
In my opinion, I would say Dragon Age 2 was the start for many to question what Bioware was thinking. Inquisition definitely didn't have a smooth development either.
You're right, but I was able to forgive the reused "dungeons" etc only because I really enjoyed the story. As mentioned before, I would consider TOR a bust as it was (is?) the most expensive game to ever be developed and went free to play in less than 12 months, it's still kicking though, and I still play it. I hope Bioware gets another kick at another Dragon Age, EA should just have them stick to what they know, I haven't finished Andromeda (kids, amirite??? lol) but I don't get all the hate for it.

My hate for the ME3 ending wasn't that Shepard died, I was expecting it, but after listening to Casey Hudson spout off about "no reaper off button" (what was the crucible?) and no A B or C ending (we got red, blue green), and the end fight was supposed to be against a reaperized Illusive Man, but Hudson said it was too "video gamey" wtf? It just left a sour taste with me. If the hoodie kid would have been a Keeper, it would have made at least a little more sense. Bioware decided to play the "art" card. Ughhh
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #830
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Ashasx; 02-27-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 AM   #831
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Do you play with a wheel or regular controller?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:43 AM   #832
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Do you play with a wheel or regular controller?
Wheel. Logitech g29. I'm building a racing rig. It won't be able to finish it until I get some time off work
Old 02-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #833
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure what to think of Anthem yet. I've only played 3 hours and it's not nessesarily bad or anything, but there are definitely long stretches where I really have to stop and think about whether or not I'm actually having fun
Old 02-27-2019, 10:32 AM   #834
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
My hate for the ME3 ending wasn't that Shepard died, I was expecting it, but after listening to Casey Hudson spout off about "no reaper off button" (what was the crucible?) and no A B or C ending (we got red, blue green), and the end fight was supposed to be against a reaperized Illusive Man, but Hudson said it was too "video gamey" wtf? It just left a sour taste with me. If the hoodie kid would have been a Keeper, it would have made at least a little more sense. Bioware decided to play the "art" card. Ughhh
Spoiler tagging this in case some people don't want to read about the end of Mass Effect 2 and 3:

Spoiler!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #835
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too bad the Bioware's A-team have wasted their time on a crap game like Anthem when they could have been working on another Mass Effect Trilogy. Though with the way Bioware and EA is trending it would have been a buggy loot box filled mess.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:13 AM   #836
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Spoiler tagging this in case some people don't want to read about the end of Mass Effect 2 and 3:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #837
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish Anthem would stop bugging me to play with other people.

Other people suck and ruin games. Let me go solo
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #838
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 Anthem patches today. Should be interesting to see if it's any better
Old 03-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #839
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anthem’s taking a fair amount of crap on the web but I’m having a great time with it so far (I also thought the reaction to Andromeda was somewhat overblown). They definitely have a bit of work to do on the game, but the combat is fun, the traversal is unique, and they’ve designed a fairly beautiful world.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #840
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. I'm enjoying it and I'm about 8 hours in, but honestly I don't think I'll play more than 30 total. I'm already at the point where after 1 expedition I'm ready to play something else for a bit then come back for another one later.

Can't think of anything nessesarily wrong with it, it just hasn't really grabbed me