Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2024, 10:29 PM   #7721
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

SpellRogue and Deep Rock Galactic Survivor are enjoyable and deep time sinks.

The usual card game and survivor players should check them out!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 02:21 AM   #7722
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally played rachet and clank: rift apart because it boasts proper 32:9 support to test out my 8th moniter this year the oled g9.

Wow! They nailed it. In aspect ratio and game.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 09:40 AM   #7723
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I finished playing CrossCode on the weekend and I'm shocked this game doesn't get more love. It's a really good game and highly recommended!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 09:51 AM   #7724
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep, it is simply outstanding pseudo-retro gaming. I don't understand why it isn't a bigger hit either.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM   #7725
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Enjoying the card based games from Steam:
Slay the Spyre
Shogun
Inscryption

Shogun has a 2D battle system of Into the Breach
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:19 PM   #7726
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeeeeeeessssss!

The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 09:38 PM   #7727
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2024, 10:31 AM   #7728
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I finished playing CrossCode on the weekend and I'm shocked this game doesn't get more love. It's a really good game and highly recommended!
I found they kinda went overboard on the puzzles, I was well in to the second half of the game and facing another dungeon full of puzzles where you had to bounce orbs around and rush to another spot to bounce another one in another specific way in a tight time limit over and over and just got kind of sick of it. And the visual performance on Switch got rough in the second half too.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 01:36 PM   #7729
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I found they kinda went overboard on the puzzles, I was well in to the second half of the game and facing another dungeon full of puzzles where you had to bounce orbs around and rush to another spot to bounce another one in another specific way in a tight time limit over and over and just got kind of sick of it. And the visual performance on Switch got rough in the second half too.
I don't disagree with any of what you said, but I'll note that there are ways to fix all of those issues. You can change puzzle timing to be more lenient at any time, and you can turn off visual effects to improve performance on the Switch version. I ended up turning them back to defaults at some point and lived with the performance issues. I noticed the game ran more smoothly in docked mode than portable mode.

I took a break after finishing the base game before diving into the DLC. When I read the description of the DLC and that it had their biggest dungeon ever, I knew I'd want a break because the dungeons are definitely long. Those minor gripes don't cancel out all the great things the game does. I'm glad there's a game out there that tries to make both combat and puzzle solving trickier than normal, and I'm glad they have options to make things easier for those who don't want that.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:49 PM   #7730
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Was hoping for another turn based Battletech style game...too old for the real time ones (or at least it feels that way)!
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 02:06 PM   #7731
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I don't disagree with any of what you said, but I'll note that there are ways to fix all of those issues. You can change puzzle timing to be more lenient at any time, and you can turn off visual effects to improve performance on the Switch version. I ended up turning them back to defaults at some point and lived with the performance issues. I noticed the game ran more smoothly in docked mode than portable mode.

I took a break after finishing the base game before diving into the DLC. When I read the description of the DLC and that it had their biggest dungeon ever, I knew I'd want a break because the dungeons are definitely long. Those minor gripes don't cancel out all the great things the game does. I'm glad there's a game out there that tries to make both combat and puzzle solving trickier than normal, and I'm glad they have options to make things easier for those who don't want that.
Yeah, I had a lot of the visual effects turned off for better performance and I found it helped a lot in the first half of the game but the issues kept getting more pronounced the farther I went. I definitely had a lot of fun with it to a point, just started getting too frustrated and lost interest. I didn't know there was an option to make the puzzle timing more lenient though.
Old 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM   #7732
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

This looks like it could be a fun little game to play with friends

Last edited by Since1984; 04-03-2024 at 02:15 PM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 10:05 AM   #7733
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Freedom Planet 2 is out on consoles today! It improved on literally everything from the first game. It's definitely my favorite platformer of the last few years.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:11 AM   #7734
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I decided to try out the 1.6 update in Stardew Valley and the game is as addictive as ever with a bunch of new crops and events.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:01 AM   #7735
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unicorn Overlord is on sale across all platforms ($50-55), check out the game folks. It's great!
Old 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM   #7736
Toast_Man
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Unicorn Overlord is on sale across all platforms ($50-55), check out the game folks. It's great!
Thanks for the heads up! I just smashed that buy button.
Toast_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toast_Man For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 09:27 AM   #7737
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also grabbed it at that price, just got a bonus at work yesterday and was looking to treat myself to a new game anyways, good timing!
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 09:42 AM   #7738
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

“How’s Rise of the Ronin?”

Glad you asked. It’s alright but still falls short of Nioh. It’s better than Wo Long and not quite as good as Nioh. The open world is nice but it’s definitely missing polish. The graphics are PS3 quality which is a little different. The story is meandering outside of a clear macguffin but that’s fine. It’s kinda like the Nioh team tried to make an AC game but it plays more like someone wanted to remake Tenchu but didn’t commit to it.

It gets very repetitive very quickly once you break through the initial few missions. Lots to do but none of it matters. Ishin Like a Dragon was almost identical but way better. Play that instead.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:12 PM   #7739
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

So many good games, great time to be a gamer.

Old 04-07-2024, 05:13 PM   #7740
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm finally playing the remake of Final Fantasy 7 on ps5. Just the opening sequence has me incredibly moved. Nostalgia overload
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote