Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #2021
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Another Asian city price drop - Seoul, South Korea now at $795 roundtrip after tax

If you've been following my posts lately you know that prices to plenty of major cities in Asia have been dropping like a rock lately. The focus seems to be on fares up to end of October/early November.

The latest one to drop is Seoul, South Korea which has dropped to $795 CDN roundtrip after tax on United. For comparison the next cheapest airline is Air Canada at $1191.

Here's an example search on Kayak, in late October:

http://www.kayak.com/flights/#YYC-IC...11-08-flexible

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #2022
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Westjet's Blue Tag Thursday deal is out, it's to Abbotsford, Comox, Deer Lake, Grande Prairie, London, Moncton, Quebec City and Victoria this week.

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deal...bt-ge-20110818

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 08-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #2023
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Westjet's Blue Tag Thursday deal is out, it's to Abbotsford, Comox, Deer Lake, Grande Prairie, London, Moncton, Quebec City and Victoria this week.

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deal...bt-ge-20110818
It's a pretty sweet deal to QC and Deer Lake/Cornerbrook for those who want to travel there. $365ish to QC, though availability is ugly.

I get excited when this thread gets bumped and cmyden is the poster. Does that make me weird?
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #2024
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob123 View Post
I get excited when this thread gets bumped and cmyden is the poster. Does that make me weird?
I think that depends on your definition of excited

Old 08-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #2025
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Are we talking London excited?

Or Barcelona excited?

Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #2026
WilsonFourTwo
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^ I'm pretty sure that's Dildo, Newfoundland.

WilsonFourTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WilsonFourTwo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #2027
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Perhaps more Karnak Temple excited? (jeez, there is a lot of phallic symbols out there. I never thought of it until today)

billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #2028
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

link: http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...ter_deals.html

Quote:
To celebrate the win of Air Canada's Airborne11 on Canada Sings, and to thank all supporters, we are pleased to offer you a special offer!
Save 11 % on Tango and Tango Plus fares to anywhere we fly within Canada*

To get your exclusive discount, simply enter this promotion code when booking right here at aircanada.com:
Promotion code
AIRBORNE11

Offer valid on all fares on flights within Canada
Book by August 21, 2011 11:59, from your city of departure.
Valid for travel until December 14, 2011.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #2029
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

link: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/flig...=sm-pc-ge-2011

Quote:
Use Promo Code: PCR92 and Coupon Code: 75RAOG5 to save 15% off any domestic flight up to Dec 14, 2011.
Promo expires 11:59pm ET on Aug 21, 2011.
Essentially a match of Air Canada's promo today, although they upped it by 4%

Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #2030
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

link: http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...ml#-SYSTEMWIDE

Quote:
Back to school means back to more savings at aircanada.com! Start shopping early with our surprise promo codes!

Save 15% off all Tango or Tango Plus fares to any Canadian, U.S., International or Sun destination that we serve departing from Canada.

To get your exclusive discount, simply enter this promotion code when booking right here at aircanada.com:
Promotion code
SCHOOL

Canada: valid on all Tango or Tango Plus fares.
U.S.: International and Sun destinations: valid on all Tango Plus fares.
Discount applies on both Air Canada operated and codeshare flight departing from Canada.
Valid for travel until December 14, 2011.
Blackout dates apply: Oct 7-10, Nov 10-14
Book by August 26, 2011 midnight, from your city of departure.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #2031
no_joke
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hi Chris, I just wanted to get your impression of deals or pricing offered by Condor to the YYC market so far. There was a lot of excitement coming out of winter and they made a splash with some hot deals to Paris/Poland/Croatia but haven't seen any Condor deals posted by you since. Right now, Air Transat is still my go-to airline for deals to Europe. Is Condor offering competitive pricing in general? What does your crystal ball say about more Condor deals in the near future?
no_joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #2032
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_joke View Post
Hi Chris, I just wanted to get your impression of deals or pricing offered by Condor to the YYC market so far. There was a lot of excitement coming out of winter and they made a splash with some hot deals to Paris/Poland/Croatia but haven't seen any Condor deals posted by you since. Right now, Air Transat is still my go-to airline for deals to Europe. Is Condor offering competitive pricing in general? What does your crystal ball say about more Condor deals in the near future?
Hopefully they did well enough this summer to keep flying out of Calgary. Competition is always good for prices.

They definitely had some amazing deals to Croatia and Switzerland, and it was nice for Calgary to finally get some deals to European destinations that Air Transat doesn't serve.

Their prices seemed fairly competitive with the major carriers, although they are just a basic no frills airline, so for me to get excited about one of their prices it needs to be undercutting the major carriers by a fairly significant amount. If it's just a couple hundred dollars less it's not that exciting.

Believe me, I wish I had a crystal ball, but I think if they stick around, there's sure to be the occasional really good deal I would think.

There should be some people enjoying those $770 flights to Croatia or $580 flights to Switzerland right about now. A lot of their price cuts seemed to be focused on late August, early September.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #2033
User Name
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Does westjet usually match/beat these deals? I've noticed they have done it before, just wondering what the odds of it happening again are...
Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #2034
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Does westjet usually match/beat these deals? I've noticed they have done it before, just wondering what the odds of it happening again are...
Odds are definitely very good. Sometimes it takes them a little while, but they usually match everything that AC puts out, and vice versa.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #2035
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Labour Day in Mexico? Calgary to Los Cabos, Mexico - $213 roundtrip after taxes

September 3 to 10 from Calgary to Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD) has dropped to $213 roundtrip after taxes. The next cheapest flights are around $550 so it's a true 62% discount.

Try it on AirCanadaVacations.com (different from AirCanada.com)

screenshot:

September 10-17 also looks to be available for the same price.

Last edited by cmyden; 08-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #2036
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Labour Day in Mexico? Calgary to Los Cabos, Mexico - $213 roundtrip after taxes

September 3 to 10 from Calgary to Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD) has dropped to $213 roundtrip after taxes. The next cheapest flights are around $550 so it's a true 62% discount.

Try it on AirCanadaVacations.com (different from AirCanada.com)

screenshot:

What's Mexico like at that time of year? Is it past the storm season?
rd_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #2037
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Any way to apply this discount with a vacation package rather than just flights?
likwid888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #2038
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_aaron View Post
What's Mexico like at that time of year? Is it past the storm season?
Definitely not, quite the opposite, September is the statistical peak for hurricane season. There was one in 2003 that did a lot of damage, and one made landfall in 2010.

http://www.loscabosguide.com/weather.htm
Quote:
The average year-round temperature is 78F. During the high tourist season, October to April, the temperature is typically 80F during the day and cools to the 60's at night. In the low season, May to September, the temperature will go up to 100+F during the day and stay in the upper 70's and low 80's in the evening. The average year-round water temperature in the Sea of Cortez is 72F. During the summer months the water temperature can reach the mid 80's. The climate is arid with over 300 days of sunshine, with some reports of over 350 days. Average annual rainfall is 10 inches (25.4cm), most with occurring during the months of September and October.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #2039
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid888 View Post
Any way to apply this discount with a vacation package rather than just flights?
Unfortunately not, it works on flights only, so that Air Canada can raise their fares 15% and then offer a code.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #2040
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Here you go User Name....

link: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deal...pc-ge-20110824

Westjet's match of the AC promo code.

Quote:
Save an extra 15% off all U.S. and International destinations on new online bookings when you travel up to December 14, 2011.

To redeem this offer, bookings must be made on westjet.com. Both the promo code PCR93 and coupon code KJDBGAL are required at the time of booking on the first page of the booking process. Bookings must be made by August 26, 2011 (9:59 p.m. MT) and travel must occur before December 14, 2011. Blackout dates apply between October 7 - 10 and November 10 – 14, 2011.