Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should CP allow ticket sales over face value?
Yes, allow over face value 260 46.35%
No, face value should be the max on CP 301 53.65%
Voters: 561. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2019, 11:48 PM   #241
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

I believe that kijiji is owned by Ebay, does this mean that stub ub likely is as well?

Edit. Yes it's all ebay.

Last edited by Chingas; 07-29-2019 at 11:50 PM.
Chingas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:38 AM   #242
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

IMO with Kijiji no longer an option CP should become even more of a go-to for buying tickets, since I despise StubHub I won't use it unless I absolutely have to
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:48 AM   #243
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
IMO with Kijiji no longer an option CP should become even more of a go-to for buying tickets, since I despise StubHub I won't use it unless I absolutely have to
then CP should allow over "face value" sales without question. shouldn't be an argument any longer.

let the market decide.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 07:22 PM   #244
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
then CP should allow over "face value" sales without question. shouldn't be an argument any longer.

let the market decide.

Given that scalpbots can no longer sell on Kijiji and will be looking for an alternative place to host their business, I propose that only CP members with 100+ posts unrelated to ticket sales and who are confirmed STHs be allowed to post tickets for sale, at whatever price the market will bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:35 PM   #245
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macindoc View Post
Given that scalpbots can no longer sell on Kijiji and will be looking for an alternative place to host their business, I propose that only CP members with 100+ posts unrelated to ticket sales and who are confirmed STHs be allowed to post tickets for sale, at whatever price the market will bear.
I think that will be way too much work for the mods. I'm still in favour of face value or less only. The face value for premium games is pretty high.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:29 PM   #246
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartcar View Post
I think that will be way too much work for the mods. I'm still in favour of face value or less only. The face value for premium games is pretty high.
Why is it work for the mods? If I want to sell my PL tickets for $100,000, isn't that my problem/deal? If you don't like the price, don't buy them?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #247
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

People turn to CP because they like it and feel like part of a group. If I come to Calgary and need tickets, I'm going on CP because I feel I can trust the users. People give away tickets here and help each other out here, I just dont agree with it. If you want to make money off the tickets, do it somewhere else.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:13 PM   #248
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The decision was made. Let it play out for a bit. I bet nobody will notice. Very few games will be sold for above face value and the ones that are will be much lower than StubHub.

Last edited by ST20; 07-31-2019 at 09:16 PM.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ST20 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #249
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
People turn to CP because they like it and feel like part of a group. If I come to Calgary and need tickets, I'm going on CP because I feel I can trust the users. People give away tickets here and help each other out here, I just dont agree with it. If you want to make money off the tickets, do it somewhere else.
Just such a bizarre take. "It's great when you charge less than cost, but don't charge more you bastards!"

If we can trade tickets here, everyone wins because there is no house markup. Nothing wrong with prices falling on both sides of center at different times. That's just the way the market works.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #250
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I originally was in favour of Face Value or less however as time has gone on I'm more partial to let it go above face value. Especially here where I find it easier to trust the seller. I've had good experiences on here and if you don't like the price, then message the person to ask for something lower or better yet, continue to look for something in your price range. There are multiple tickets for most games on here in various price ranges that should suit everyone.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #251
kurwamac
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Problem is, sellers could reply that's a bad deal for them, and take their business elsewhere - thereby giving another website more traffic and more power.

If you'd like a deal, wait for a crappy match up or depressed economy - prices should rightfully come down. But we owe it to sellers to be able to make up for those times, for in demand games.
kurwamac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kurwamac For This Useful Post: