Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #1821
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw it in the movie thread but thought we could start the same thing here: What are everyone's favourite games of the decade?

Haven't really put too much thought into it but for me some of the favourites off the top of my head were:

Batman: Arkham City
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Spider-Man
Sunset Overdrive
Rocket League
Mario Odyssey
The Last of Us
Forza Horizon 4
Horizon: Zero Dawn
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #1822
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd have to go with this for a top ten...
1. Grand Theft Auto V
2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. The Last of Us
4. Witcher 3
5. God of War
6. Red Dead Redemption
7. Uncharted 3
8. Skyrim
9. Max Payne 3
10. Bioshock Infinite

With honorable mentions going out to...
Batman: Arkham City, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Spiderman Shattered Dimensions, Spiderman for PS4, Fallout 4, Destiny, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #1823
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So apparently Fallen Order only has 6-10 hours of actual gameplay. EA is gonna soak the #### out of people with expansion packs I'm guessing.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #1824
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
So apparently Fallen Order only has 6-10 hours of actual gameplay. EA is gonna soak the #### out of people with expansion packs I'm guessing.
I saw that in the one review too and found it very unusual. Most other reviews are pegging it in the 15-20 hour range. I watched a great video review that said he beat the game with 90% completion at 19 hours play time, and expected it would take another 4-5 to fully complete. So the 6-10 hour guy probably had it locked on easy and ran through it to write his review, probably not the way most people will be playing something like this.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #1825
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
PC Gamer cites several reviewers in saying it's between 20 to 30hrs for the main campaign.

Quote:
When it comes to the reviews that slap a number on the game in terms of gameplay length, most seem to be in agreement. For example Gamespot's reviewer spent 22 hours with Fallen Order, "but didn't uncover all of its secrets". IGN note that the main campaign takes about 20 hours to complete and Eurogamer clocked up 30, with some side activities completed for good measure.
https://www.pcgamer.com/how-long-is-...-order-length/
Old 11-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #1826
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
PC Gamer cites several reviewers in saying it's between 20 to 30hrs for the main campaign.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-long-is-...-order-length/
I think I just get spoiled by RPGs because I still find the 20-30 hour games too short. I sank probably over 100 hours into Witcher 3.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:21 PM   #1827
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Witcher 3

These 2 stand alone as the 2 best, most memorable games for me over the 2010 decade. Lots of other fantastic games but this is my Mt Rushmore.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:46 PM   #1828
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

My top 5 (alphabetically), based on how much I came back to them over the years. These games were awesome every time I played them:
Celeste
Diablo III
Journey
Minecraft
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #1829
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
I think I just get spoiled by RPGs because I still find the 20-30 hour games too short. I sank probably over 100 hours into Witcher 3.
Even for RPGs 20-30 hours is perfect. I'm 15 hours into Trails of Cold Steel III and only halfway through the first chapter. Long grind is long, and I expect that I'll do the same with this one as I did the first two - rush the final chapter or two because I'm burning out.

For my top games of the decade, in no particular order:
- BOTW
- Mario Odyssey
- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Bravely Default
- Super Mario Maker
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- GTA V
- Nier: Automata

And honourable mentions for being my most played games by system:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NSW)
- Theathrythm Final Fantasy CC (3DS)
- Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
- Skyrim VR (PSVR)
- Trails of Cold Steel (PSV)
- Radiant Historia (DS)
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #1830
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

That got me thinking, I wonder what games I have the most time spent since 2010, essentially making it my game of the decade

Motorsport Manager is first by a mile.
Company of Heroes 2
Squad
Hearts of Iron IV
Grand Theft Auto V
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #1831
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played about 90 minutes of Jedi Fallen Order and really enjoying it so far. Strong Prince of Persia vibes actually, but with Star Wars. Storyline seems pretty interesting and the new characters are all great.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:10 PM   #1832
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Played about 90 minutes of Jedi Fallen Order and really enjoying it so far. Strong Prince of Persia vibes actually, but with Star Wars. Storyline seems pretty interesting and the new characters are all great.
Are you playing on the base consoles or the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X? I have the original Xbox and PS4 consoles and I've heard people have had some bad framerate issues on them. Making me hesitant to get it, at least right now.

Last edited by JurassicTunga12; 11-16-2019 at 05:12 PM.
JurassicTunga12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:18 PM   #1833
doozwimp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is anyone playing Civ6? Was thinking about starting a thread. Would be very keen to play some games against humans.
doozwimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #1834
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga12 View Post
Are you playing on the base consoles or the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X? I have the original Xbox and PS4 consoles and I've heard people have had some bad framerate issues on them. Making me hesitant to get it, at least right now.
I’m on a base Xbox One — there have been some dips but they’re pretty infrequent, haven’t really bothered me. I have played a lot of Switch this year though where a lot of games have had just atrocious frame rate issues so maybe I’m a little more forgiving than most, haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #1835
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Few hours into Fallen Order, so far so good. I got a beast of a machine but I need a new monitor.. this one can't keep up. Black Friday wishlist I guess..
Old 11-16-2019, 09:49 PM   #1836
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

What do you mean by can't keep up? Your monitor has a sub 60hz refresh rate?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #1837
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

144hz refresh rate or sub 1 ms response time might be necessary as poster may be playing on jedi master or jedi grand master difficulty.

Time to parry is heavily affected and high refresh rate may give 20 milliseconds more time to react to monsters attacks.

There is also HDR support for fallen order.

Just wondering also if anyone has tried Jedi fallen order on a regular xbox one or xbox 1 s and observed stage loading halt.

Also
Spoiler!

Last edited by Cliche; 11-17-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #1838
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

isn't the max FPS for console 60fps? And only on PS4 Pro? Are you saying they made a game that can't be properly played on harder difficulties on console? Obviously high refresh helps in competitive shooters, but on a game like this, there should really be no appreciable gameplay difference.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:36 AM   #1839
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

What I meant was, my beast of a machine runs the game on Epic mode looking awesome, but my crappy non HD monitor does not do it justice. It's also quite small. I want something bigger and brighter that can do the game justice.

Is that a suitable answer?
Old 11-18-2019, 03:57 AM   #1840
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just finished the story in Jedi Fallen Order, and it’s made me love Star Wars again. I truly thought that hack of a writer/director Rian Johnson had ruined the series for me going forward, but this game was brilliant.

Game of the Year 2019 for me. Previously I’d had Resident Evil 2 at the top of that list but Fallen Order was just so damn good.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote