Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #361
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

We are going to be facing this problem soon. Our cat is 14 yrs old, and slowing down, she is having UI issues and they don't seem to be getting better. She is also dropping a lot of weight.

It will be very tuff, 'cause my daughter and her are attached to each other.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #362
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Didn't realize this was going to upset so many people. Many apologies to those people.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.

Last edited by saskflames69; 05-20-2012 at 12:21 PM.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #363
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskflames96 View Post
I don't know
Why would you put that here?

Last edited by CMPunk; 05-20-2012 at 02:57 PM.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #364
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Why would you put that here?
Sorry but I got really angry when I saw that. There is nothing worse than animal cruelty. Please do not click on that link if you don't want to see a stupid owner.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #365
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

This is not the thread for that post...use your head.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zevo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #366
hmmhmmcamo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

nm

Last edited by hmmhmmcamo; 05-20-2012 at 12:42 PM.
hmmhmmcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #367
Calgaryflamesgirl34
Backup Goalie

Exp:

We recently put my dog down she was 15 years old as well I think what hurts the most is I still think she will be following to my room or greeting me at my door at night. We have another dog so its not that bad but he's also a completely different kind of dog not quite as friendly as Magi was.
Calgaryflamesgirl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgaryflamesgirl34 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #368
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sorry guys. I didn't mean any harm.
The Following User Says Thank You to saskflames69 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #369
lucky1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

It's been about 3 months since I had to put one of my best friends to sleep.... Started out as an innocent walk, and less than 24 hours we were sitting in the back room holding him as the vet was doing his thing...
I took my little buddy out for his daily off leash, after getting back home he was panting and pacing... Sure sign of pain, but as he has pulled a muscle before, I just wrote it off as that. As the night progressed, he became more and more lethargic...in the morning he let out this terrible groan and looked at me with the strangest look... We bundled him up and took him to the emergency clinic.... The doctor took one look at him and I could tell by the expression on his face that ringo was in some serious trouble... They rushed him to the back room, after about 10 minutes they came and told me that he had a ruptured spleen and was essentially bleeding out internally. I gave them the go ahead to perform the operation... The doc wanted to take a few more X-rays to see what he was getting into and told us to go home... Just after arriving home the phone rang with the doc telling us to come back... The little guy was full of tumors and there was no hope.... Less than 12 hours ringo went from the sweetest old guy to being held in my arms while being put to sleep..
I'm so sorry ringo, I miss you man...
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lucky1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #370
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So sorry to CalgaryFlamesGirl34 and lucky1. My condolences to you both.
Suzles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #371
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

We just found out our dog probably has a tumor on the nerves in her elbow...I really hope the medication we have started will help her...I don't want to face that tough choice.

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #372
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

After 14 beautifully full years, it was finally time to let Zee(short for Zevo- my username and avatar) go. I have loved all my dogs immensely, and no dog less than him, but he was my special boy. He was one of those special dogs that a person is lucky to have once in their life time. He was both strong and gentle, wise and goofy. he never once growled at a human...he loved everyone, including the vet. Having only three legs he spent a lot of time at the vet in his later years as his hip started to give him trouble. He loved every visit as he did everything in life. Yesterday the vet and vet techs cried as much as we did.

He melted hearts, even those of non-dog people. Not a single person that got to know Zee could resist him. My (step)son sent me a wonderful e-mail last night and I will share a snippet with you.

"When I met Zevo he was a young strapping lad. As many people have said, he bounced around on 3 legs as if they were 4. He was incredible smart and so intensely loving. I loved him on the spot. To me his voice to me was pure happiness and almost panicked joy. He said to me the first time we hung out: "Throw the stick, throw the stick, throw the stick". I would take a puff on my smoke fake a throw and he would crook his head just a touch as if saying : "Throw the stick MAN!" Zevo was a happy soul, from the first day I met him, until the last time I got to see him. I'm so privileged to have thrown him sticks and cuddled up to his booming chest. Watched him inhale water, and looked into those wise eyes of his. That is how I'll remember him. The perfect dog. Maybe minus a leg, but the brilliance to make up for it. We'll all miss you Z.

The story of you adopting Zevo, caring for him, and repairing him was my introduction to you as a man, as well an introduction into the man who would become part of our family. This guy who did so much for a dog, I was convinced right away that you were someone I was going to let into my life. The payoff has been worth it. Zevo probably was the luckiest dog in the world, and even now he knows it. Your have such a calm disposition and caring heart that I understand why you are in my Mom's life and in extension all of ours. Your Zevo is my Raisin, and man, I feel you right now. As you know it's hard to do this, and as you know it'll get easier. The missing will turn to remembering the good times. I hope that your sadness will convert overtime to fondness without too much effort. I wish we lived closer cause I would be there in a moment for you. We'll have to wait until Christmas. Until then we're thinking of you. Hoping that even this early you can think of those happy moments, and never doubt the road you and Zevo took. Best friends."

Raisin was his cat that died 2 years ago after 18 yrs.

A 1 year old Zevo a few months after amputating his leg with his sister Cali who we lost last year.

Wanting me to throw another snowball. Man he loved the snow.

2 years ago at 12 years of age.

And with our current dog Hana also from 2 years ago.

From last summer, relaxing in the shade.

He was an incredible dog and will be greatly missed by many.

"I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am."
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Zevo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #373
Akai-Sesui
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Very sorry for your loss Zevo.

...stupid onions...
Akai-Sesui is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akai-Sesui For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #374
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always hate to see this thread bumped. So sorry for the loss of your beautiful friend.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #375
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for sharing your pics and stories about Zevo. I'm very sorry for your loss but you clearly were a great friend and gave him a full and enjoyable life.

damn onions
Brannigans Law is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brannigans Law For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #376
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
After 14 beautifully full years, it was finally time to let Zee(short for Zevo- my username and avatar) go. I have loved all my dogs immensely, and no dog less than him, but he was my special boy. He was one of those special dogs that a person is lucky to have once in their life time. He was both strong and gentle, wise and goofy. he never once growled at a human...he loved everyone, including the vet. Having only three legs he spent a lot of time at the vet in his later years as his hip started to give him trouble. He loved every visit as he did everything in life. Yesterday the vet and vet techs cried as much as we did.

He melted hearts, even those of non-dog people. Not a single person that got to know Zee could resist him. My (step)son sent me a wonderful e-mail last night and I will share a snippet with you.

"When I met Zevo he was a young strapping lad. As many people have said, he bounced around on 3 legs as if they were 4. He was incredible smart and so intensely loving. I loved him on the spot. To me his voice to me was pure happiness and almost panicked joy. He said to me the first time we hung out: "Throw the stick, throw the stick, throw the stick". I would take a puff on my smoke fake a throw and he would crook his head just a touch as if saying : "Throw the stick MAN!" Zevo was a happy soul, from the first day I met him, until the last time I got to see him. I'm so privileged to have thrown him sticks and cuddled up to his booming chest. Watched him inhale water, and looked into those wise eyes of his. That is how I'll remember him. The perfect dog. Maybe minus a leg, but the brilliance to make up for it. We'll all miss you Z.

The story of you adopting Zevo, caring for him, and repairing him was my introduction to you as a man, as well an introduction into the man who would become part of our family. This guy who did so much for a dog, I was convinced right away that you were someone I was going to let into my life. The payoff has been worth it. Zevo probably was the luckiest dog in the world, and even now he knows it. Your have such a calm disposition and caring heart that I understand why you are in my Mom's life and in extension all of ours. Your Zevo is my Raisin, and man, I feel you right now. As you know it's hard to do this, and as you know it'll get easier. The missing will turn to remembering the good times. I hope that your sadness will convert overtime to fondness without too much effort. I wish we lived closer cause I would be there in a moment for you. We'll have to wait until Christmas. Until then we're thinking of you. Hoping that even this early you can think of those happy moments, and never doubt the road you and Zevo took. Best friends."

Raisin was his cat that died 2 years ago after 18 yrs.

A 1 year old Zevo a few months after amputating his leg with his sister Cali who we lost last year.

Wanting me to throw another snowball. Man he loved the snow.

2 years ago at 12 years of age.

And with our current dog Hana also from 2 years ago.

From last summer, relaxing in the shade.

He was an incredible dog and will be greatly missed by many.

"I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am."
A beautiful dog...so sorry.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #377
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thoughts are with you friend. Sorry to hear
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #378
hayduke's dad
Scoring Winger

Exp:

My Condolences Zevo. To some dogs are dogs. To others they are family. I know which side of the fence both of us are on.
hayduke's dad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hayduke's dad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #379
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Sounds like he was a great friend and companion. I think everyone that has followed this thread gets a little sad when we see it bumped.

I'm sorry about your loss Zevo, but knowing that you got to spend 14 years together should make it a little easier.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #380
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So very, very sorry for your loss. I always loved your avatar. Zevo had such a great face.
Suzles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post: