Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-17-2021, 11:35 PM   #341
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
What are you all using to clean your TV screens? Always think I've got mine spotless and then the sun shines on it and I'm amazed at the dust I miss. Microfiber does OK but seems to just push it around for the most part.
Invisible glass cleaner and a microfibre cloth. No streaks or smudges,
Old 01-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #342
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
What are you all using to clean your TV screens? Always think I've got mine spotless and then the sun shines on it and I'm amazed at the dust I miss. Microfiber does OK but seems to just push it around for the most part.
Swiffer 360.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2021, 11:34 AM   #343
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
We purchased this TV back in November, and have nothing but good things to say about it so far. We also sit about 11 feet back from this set as well.

Are you with Shaw? An issue with watching broadcasts with Shaw is that all of their feeds are 1080p - they don't have any 4K content.

Please try watching a 4K feed and see how the TV performs. We've been watching a lot of The Grand Tour on Prime, and it looks amazing.
I was watching a game the other day, SNW was really bad on SHAW. Then on the Saturday night game “City TV” looked great, still 1080p on 4K TV though. All the other sources are sublime in 4K.

Apparently the SHAW app on the internet even looks better then the cable feed in some cases.

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 01-18-2021 at 11:37 AM.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:30 AM   #344
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
I was watching a game the other day, SNW was really bad on SHAW. Then on the Saturday night game “City TV” looked great, still 1080p on 4K TV though. All the other sources are sublime in 4K.

Apparently the SHAW app on the internet even looks better then the cable feed in some cases.
Good to know! I might have to try that out.
I'm really hoping that Shaw starts to offer 4K in the near future....but I'm not holding my breath.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:47 AM   #345
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
Good to know! I might have to try that out.
I'm really hoping that Shaw starts to offer 4K in the near future....but I'm not holding my breath.
Have to say I am pleasantly surprised by Telus. I was with Shaw for 18 years and, switched last year. If anyone has a EPP plan available through work look into it. They bundling is really good.

The box itself for Telus is not as good as Shaw. I miss the voice feature, but they have much more 4K content including SportsNet and I have seen 2 Flames games in 4K now. For less than it cost to have Shaw.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #346
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post

The box itself for Telus is not as good as Shaw. I miss the voice feature, but they have much more 4K content including SportsNet and I have seen 2 Flames games in 4K now. For less than it cost to have Shaw.
Are you certain that it was broadcast in 4k? AFAIK, Sportsnet doesn't have a 4k rig in Calgary. They show the broadcasts on the Snet4k channel but it's normal HD.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:36 PM   #347
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Have to say I am pleasantly surprised by Telus. I was with Shaw for 18 years and, switched last year. If anyone has a EPP plan available through work look into it. They bundling is really good.

Ok this is interesting. My old place had a limit of 6 mbit per second so Telus was not really a consideration. The new place has 150 available from Telus. I have a renewal in August.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:23 PM   #348
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

When I looked into the summer, there wasn't a Telus connection available for my condo building. I would have definitely considered switching if it was available though.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:40 PM   #349
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
Ok this is interesting. My old place had a limit of 6 mbit per second so Telus was not really a consideration. The new place has 150 available from Telus. I have a renewal in August.
I switched from Shaw to Telus fibre a couple years back and would never go back. It's incredible.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:08 AM   #350
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I bought a LG Nano 90 before Christmas from Visions, and still haven't gotten it. I was warned it was on backorder, but they told me it would be probably a couple weeks after the New Year to get the TV. They can't give me a timeline for when I can expect it now.

I get that demand for all electronics are high these days, but when I see their website still selling the same TV and seeing it for sale at other places right now, I'm wondering if I should should just cancel my payment and try somewhere else.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:13 AM   #351
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I bought a LG Nano 90 before Christmas from Visions, and still haven't gotten it. I was warned it was on backorder, but they told me it would be probably a couple weeks after the New Year to get the TV. They can't give me a timeline for when I can expect it now.

I get that demand for all electronics are high these days, but when I see their website still selling the same TV and seeing it for sale at other places right now, I'm wondering if I should should just cancel my payment and try somewhere else.
Visions is usually really good with price matching, etc. I would call the store you purchased it from and say that you can walk into a *enter store name here* and buy the exact TV you bought from them and bring it home today for the sale price, plus how long you have been waiting. You could then possibly get them to give you the old cost +10 deal, if they still have it.

Last edited by Since1984; 01-28-2021 at 11:16 AM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2021, 09:38 PM   #352
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Thanks so much to all that commented on the LG OELD TV.

I ended up buying a GX to work with my space. It has great colour and motion. I’m really happy with it.
prarieboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #353
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Looks like the 2021 lineup of LG OLED's are going to be brighter, bigger (83"), and quite a bit cheaper

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/lg-ol...aper-heres-why
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:25 PM   #354
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

excellent news. they suspected this price reduction was coming as early as the next two years.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM   #355
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Solid news as I've been holding out to get a C1 this year. Wonder if it will launch before June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #356
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I'd like to get one for my office. The closer they get to $1000 the more I can justify it.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:53 PM   #357
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the market for a new TV. Moving in a month and finally getting a place to do a proper big screen. Any recommendations for 85 inch or bigger that works well with the PS5. They were showing me Samsung models at Bestbuy on the weekend.

Not sure if anyone has a strong opinion on what the best 80+inch TV would be (at a decent price in the $3k range)

Thanks
Vinny01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #358
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

From the major retailers, Visions is having a bit of a sale right now. I got my dad a Q9G. As far as 80+ inch sets for around $3000, I think this looks to be your best bet.

https://www.visions.ca/product-detai...sku=XBR85X900H

On the much less expensive side of things, this one with the bonus 2 year warranty is a heck of a deal.

https://www.visions.ca/product-detai...d=0&sku=85H78G

On the other hand, it's 77 inches, so not quite 80, but for the price, hard to do better than this...

https://www.tvoutlet.ca/collections/...nq-oled77cxaua

TVOutlet has a bunch of really good deals most of the time. They seem to have decent reviews, but it is a bit of a risk buying from an outlet.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 12:26 PM   #359
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quick review of the Nano 90 after a couple weeks of using it (coming from a 10 year old Sony LCD TV):

+ Great picture quality for the price
+ 4K 60 HDR content looks fantastic
+ Fast startup is a great thing I didn't think I needed
+ LG's UI is quite nice to use and recognizes my inputs well
- Viewing angles are NOT a positive like many reviews said. I'm not happy about this but will get used to it.
- I really had to fine tune the brightness over time, more than I expected. It doesn't take much for this thing to be eye-searing bright when trying to balance the viewing angle issue.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #360
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The 85” XBR900H is back in stock at Costco for the lower price.

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 03-09-2021 at 06:45 PM.