Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Ivrnet

Old 08-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #101
CaramonLS
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
This game is an absolute hog on my system.

Just outrageous demands on my ram and gpu. Turn down all the settings and it's still BRAHHHH 76 DEGREES GPU BRAAAHHHH

I don't have any other titles that do this. BF1 on ultra and i'm cruising in the 70 range.
I'd play on the lower settings anyways. Gives you a tactical advantage since the foliage doesn't get in the way and allows you to see other players better.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #102
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
I'd play on the lower settings anyways. Gives you a tactical advantage since the foliage doesn't get in the way and allows you to see other players better.
?? Is that still a thing? I thought they set the foliage to be the same regardless of what resolution you were playing at several updates ago?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #103
CaramonLS
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
?? Is that still a thing? I thought they set the foliage to be the same regardless of what resolution you were playing at several updates ago?
You might be right, I have not been checking the patch notes with any regularity.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #104
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

My friend decided to open up one of those gamescon crates on a whim and what does he get? A freaking black skirt that's currently selling for $150. Unbelievable lol.

I've been having some fun with the first person servers. It sure does take a lot to get use to though.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #105
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
My friend decided to open up one of those gamescon crates on a whim and what does he get? A freaking black skirt that's currently selling for $150. Unbelievable lol.

I've been having some fun with the first person servers. It sure does take a lot to get use to though.
lol - can't believe people pay that for cosmetic items. Whatever floats your boat! You're buddy essentially won two new games

Which do you prefer? 3PP or FPP? I can't play 3PP anymore - it just doesn't feel right.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #106
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
lol - can't believe people pay that for cosmetic items. Whatever floats your boat! You're buddy essentially won two new games

Which do you prefer? 3PP or FPP? I can't play 3PP anymore - it just doesn't feel right.
Ya it's ridiculous but whatever. I am more than happy to let people pay me money for digital cosmetics. I just know that if I opened up one of those crates I'd end up with some 10 cent pants lol.

It's taking a while for me to get used to it but I prefer FPP. When I first began playing the game I complained that 3PP was kinda like cheating so I am happy they implemented FPP. There are a lot more opportunities to sneak up on people now.
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #107
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like that someone behind a wall can't see me because of 3PP.

I also like that I don't know where someone is firing from all the time. I can hide behind a tree but have stick my head out to see instead of rotating the camera. Makes it more exciting.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #108
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I like that someone behind a wall can't see me because of 3PP.

I also like that I don't know where someone is firing from all the time. I can hide behind a tree but have stick my head out to see instead of rotating the camera. Makes it more exciting.
Oh for sure. There are a lot more opportunities to actually sneak up on someone in FPP. I find it a lot more intense too with the reduced awareness and vision.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #109
Flash Walken
Franchise Player

Exp:

The biggest difference I notice is that in FPP I get sniped significantly less because people who are laying in the grass can't periscope around to see who else might be running along the horizon.

If you want to snipe someone in FPP you have to risk exposing your location just to see if someone is around.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post: