Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #4801
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Just saw some stuntman in deadpool gear on a scooter outside my office, as I was walking to work today. A bunch of women were trying to find Ryan Reynolds. I don't think he does his own stunts.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #4802
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Just saw some stuntman in deadpool gear on a scooter outside my office, as I was walking to work today. A bunch of women were trying to find Ryan Reynolds. I don't think he does his own stunts.
He did some, I doubt it was him on the scooter though.



__________________

BUTLER FOR STARTER!

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #4803
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

^^^^^

That's what I saw! I spoke with the crew, and they confirmed it wasn't him. The shot I saw also involved him jumping the scooter up onto the curb. Probably takes a fair bit scootering experience to pull that off.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:56 AM   #4804
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Good news, everyone!

The first cut of Justice League has been deemed "unwatchable" and is going to go through major and extensive reshoots!

In other news, something else unsurprising and expected also happened.
__________________

BUTLER FOR STARTER!

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #4805
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Good news, everyone!

The first cut of Justice League has been deemed "unwatchable" and is going to go through major and extensive reshoots!

In other news, something else unsurprising and expected also happened.
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #4806
MattyC
Franchise Player
 
MattyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I haven't seen anyone calling it "unwatchable". From what I've read they had some reshoots to change the tone of the Cyborg character specifically and make him a little lighter.

They had to change directors halfway thru due to a family tragedy for Snyder. They probably couldn't have brought in someone better than Whedon to fill in, but they have very different styles so reshoots were inevitable.
__________________


Check out my comics Boris Got Out and Humanity Ltd. through my website! Also found on Facebook and Twitter!


www.badartcomics.com
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #4807
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I haven't seen anyone calling it "unwatchable". From what I've read they had some reshoots to change the tone of the Cyborg character specifically and make him a little lighter.

They had to change directors halfway thru due to a family tragedy for Snyder. They probably couldn't have brought in someone better than Whedon to fill in, but they have very different styles so reshoots were inevitable.
To be fair I probably don't need anyone to tell me that it's unwatchable, I think that's pretty safe to assume after watching the trailers and BvS.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #4808
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player
 
Finger Cookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I haven't seen anyone calling it "unwatchable".
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=The+first+cut+o...unwatchable%22
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #4809
sa226
First Line Centre
 
sa226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Back in Calgary!!
Exp:
Default

As it seems the guy who is saying that the first cut of Justice League is "unwatchable" is the same guy who said Wonder Woman was a mess.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #4810
Strange Brew
First Line Centre
 
Strange Brew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Exp:
Default

Wasn't Rogue One a disaster that required significant reshoots?

I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to these movies.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #4811
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
As it seems the guy who is saying that the first cut of Justice League is "unwatchable" is the same guy who said Wonder Woman was a mess.
You don't trust the rumoured and unidentified sources?

I'd be shocked if there weren't substantial reshoots when you change the director at the last minute.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #4812
KTrain
First Line Centre
 
KTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Exp:
Default

I believe they're also removing a cliff-hanger ending that introduces a new villain. Which I think is good. Make this a stand-alone movie. See how it does and see where you want to take the franchise from here.
__________________
Build Studio | Web | Print | Branding | Strategy
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #4813
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I believe they're also removing a cliff-hanger ending that introduces a new villain. Which I think is good. Make this a stand-alone movie. See how it does and see where you want to take the franchise from here.

With the rumours of them getting rid of Affleck as Batman this does make sense. If this movie bombs, they definitely won't want to have over committed.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #4814
Nadal Fan
Backup Goalie
 
Nadal Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Exp:
Default

Just joined the site, but I'm a huge comic book movie fan, really excited for Justice League and Thor: Ragnok. I have no idea if Justice League will be any good or not, but I remember all the controversy that Wonder Woman had, just off the top of my head: No armpit hair, no marketing, an all women screening, early rumors that it was terrible, and now WW is going to overtake Spiderman as the highest grossing superhero origin movie of all time. I guess I will take a wait and see approach. I actually really like Zack Snyder so BvS was totally my jam, so I'm hoping it doesn't have lots of Whedon's influence (I know I'm in the minority lol )
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #4815
Galakanokis
First Line Centre
 
Galakanokis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sadly not in the Dome.
Exp:
Default

Nasty accident on Deadpool this morning. Stunt girl lost control of her motorcycle and went through a plate glass window at Shaw towers. No helmet either. Two of my wife's friends were first aid and said it was a very terrible scene. Production has been shut down pending an investigation.

Really sad.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #4816
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
With the rumours of them getting rid of Affleck as Batman this does make sense. If this movie bombs, they definitely won't want to have over committed.
They are committed to the second Justice League movie no matter what.

And as bad as the reviews have been for some movies, they've all made lots of money.

Batman v. Superman: $873,260,194
Suicide Squad: $745,600,054
Wonder Woman: $797,101,085

The characters and the star power they've chosen are really marketable worldwide.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #4817
Nadal Fan
Backup Goalie
 
Nadal Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
Nasty accident on Deadpool this morning. Stunt girl lost control of her motorcycle and went through a plate glass window at Shaw towers. No helmet either. Two of my wife's friends were first aid and said it was a very terrible scene. Production has been shut down pending an investigation.

Really sad.
Terrible news, reports saying she has now passed away.

https://twitter.com/VancouverPD/stat...43056348131329
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #4818
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Wasn't Rogue One a disaster that required significant reshoots?

I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to these movies.
No. Rogue one's initial cut was apparently quite good, it was just really REALLY dark.
__________________

BUTLER FOR STARTER!

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #4819
Strange Brew
First Line Centre
 
Strange Brew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
No. Rogue one's initial cut was apparently quite good, it was just really REALLY dark.
What I've read was that Disney was not satisfied with the initial cut and thus ordered significant reshoots. Ending version was in fact darker, given Vader's scene and the resolution of the main storyline.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ds-tony-gilroy
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:17 AM   #4820
FireGilbert
First Line Centre
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Exp:
Default

I finally got around to seeing Spider-man and it was awesome. 9/10 and easily a top 5 MCU film.

Setting the movie in the MCU fit so well including proving a great motive for Keaton's Vulture who I am not afraid to say is now the 2nd best villian in the universe. It was refreshing to see a Spider-Man origin story that didn't involve OsCorp, a spider bite or Uncle Ben and I also liked how it was very much a movie about awkward high schoolers leading up to the homecoming dance which was a nice break from typical super hero movies featuring billionaires and aliens trying to save the world.
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.
FireGilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016