Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default SOLD: Fully Renovated Lake Bonavista Home

Brand New To The Market

$799,900

http://www.tmunroe.com/mls-C3599476-...y_Alberta.html

FULLY RENOVATED DREAM HOME in one of Calgary's most sought after communities. This 5 bedroom luxury property sits at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac with a west facing backyard. The open floor plan is evident upon walking in the front door as is the gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, gas stove, butlers sink and oversized granite island. Upstairs you will find 3 bedrooms including a huge master bedroom with 4 pc ensuite & walk in closet. The main floor offers a 4th bedroom or den along with laundry and a half bath. The lower level features a 5th bedroom, 3 pc bath, rec room, wet bar, wine fridge and enough storage to last a lifetime. Out back you will find a massive backyard along with the double detached garage. Public, Catholic and French Immersion schools are all within walking distance. Whether it's skating in the winter or swimming and boating in the summer, enjoy access to one of the citys finest private lakes!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 04-07-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
- Pie shaped lot with MASSIVE back yard. 85 ft wide!
Or as people in that area call it; A back yard.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

bump, listing now up!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

That's sick, dude.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, that's a beauty. Unless you are willing to pony up to live on Lake Bonaventure that's gotta be one of the nicest pads in the neighborhood.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nice house

Last edited by ranchlandsselling; 02-12-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #7
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Wow,

Have you guys looked any more into this? Looking at the street view and google earth the backyard is half used by a detached garage. Backs onto a lane, all those renos appear to have been done in the last 12 months (which I never like to see but understand that's totally personal), and given how nice Lake Bonavista can be and the surrounding houses it's hardly one of "the nicest pads in the neighborhood". I mean it looks great (not my stlye, but it is nice), but it's still a 1,740 sq. ft. house for $850,000 on the wrong side of Acadia drive. It might very well sell for that much or more, but still think you two are being a little over excited lol.
While i typically delete posts that "rain on my parade" or give a negative view of a paid sponsors services I have no problem leaving it.
The yard is massive....reverse pie. You could put 3 more double car garages back there.
Also, nobody ever said it was a steal of a deal in terms of pricing...simply commenting that this same house is easily 1+ million with a "estate" tag attached to it.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #8
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Wow,

Have you guys looked any more into this? Looking at the street view and google earth the backyard is half used by a detached garage. Backs onto a lane, all those renos appear to have been done in the last 12 months (which I never like to see but understand that's totally personal), and given how nice Lake Bonavista can be and the surrounding houses it's hardly one of "the nicest pads in the neighborhood". I mean it looks great (not my stlye, but it is nice), but it's still a 1,740 sq. ft. house for $850,000 on the wrong side of Acadia drive. It might very well sell for that much or more, but still think you two are being a little over excited lol.
I don't think you know much about the area, lol. I'd say a good half of the houses are barely renovated or even original. That immediately puts this one in the top 50% of the neighbourhood. And with those renos (judging from the photos, obviously), it looks very nice.

A good chunk of the homes in the community have garages in the backyard, so that's fairly expected in the neighbourhood and not a detractor.

Wrong side of Acadia - meh. There are nice streets on that side. It's not like it's in the Downs where they don't have lake access.

1740 sf is large in Lake Bonavista. There are hundreds of 1200-1500 sf houses.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
While i typically delete posts that "rain on my parade" or give a negative view of a paid sponsors services I have no problem leaving it.
The yard is massive....reverse pie. You could put 3 more double car garages back there.
Also, nobody ever said it was a steal of a deal in terms of pricing...simply commenting that this same house is easily 1+ million with a "estate" tag attached to it.
Sorry, didn't meant for it to be taken in a poor way. Was really only responding to the comments.

I think it's a great looking house and tried to make sure I didn't say otherwise.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #10
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I don't think you know much about the area, lol. I'd say a good half of the houses are barely renovated or even original. That immediately puts this one in the top 50% of the neighbourhood. And with those renos (judging from the photos, obviously), it looks very nice.

A good chunk of the homes in the community have garages in the backyard, so that's fairly expected in the neighbourhood and not a detractor.

Wrong side of Acadia - meh. There are nice streets on that side. It's not like it's in the Downs where they don't have lake access.

1740 sf is large in Lake Bonavista. There are hundreds of 1200-1500 sf houses.
in the top 50% is reasonable, CJ threw out a "one of the nicest pads in the neighborhood".

Yeah, I know plenty about Lake Bonavista, I looked in there when I was shopping for my house and there's a lot more than warrents "one of the nicest pads in the..."

You do realize my comments saying it isn't close to being one of the best pads in the community is actaully very positive and supportive of the community?
Old 02-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #11
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
in the top 50% is reasonable, CJ threw out a "one of the nicest pads in the neighborhood".

Yeah, I know plenty about Lake Bonavista, I looked in there when I was shopping for my house and there's a lot more than warrents "one of the nicest pads in the..."

You do realize my comments saying it isn't close to being one of the best pads in the community is actaully very positive and supportive of the community?
Well, I live "inner city" in an infill so I like a modern style home. I believe Bonavista is one of the nicest suburban communities, but it is old and a lot of the houses I did look at were straight out of the 80s (lots of wood grain and panelling).

My point was that this looks like a modern inner city type home in an older neighborhood which a massive yard in a premier lake community. How many other houses are this nice on the inside that aren't estate style? Sure there might be better floor plans, but they would probably require renovation before I would move in.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I know you're paying for the board space, but that practice doesn't seem right considering we are on a message board where many people use this section to talk about all sorts of Calgary real-estate issues.

Your properties will appeal to the right buyer no matter what anyone says (and if one comment on a board will be the difference between someone buying and not buying, chances are it's a pretty huge issue they are raising). Personally, I love to hear other people's opinions of a house or neighborhood.

Knowing that only the posts that blow sunshine up my a$$ are the ones left up in this section doesn't feel right. Maybe we need to create a non-sponsored Real Estate section if that is the case.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #13
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I have no problem with opinions being posted in 90% of the threads. Not one that I create to sell a property.
The response was very blunt and inaccurate.
Wrong side of Acadia? What does that even mean? I understand the estates are on the other side however the other side of Bonavista also includes areas less desirable than this side.
The comment about the garage taking up the backyard? Yes, please do use google maps and see how many houses have a backyard this size that include the rear garage.
The hardly one of the nicest comment comes across as if he has been through dozens of Bonavista properties (outside the estates) that are much nicer.

I love the feedback that CP brings my listings. It actually helps in the sale process however I felt the remarks were neither a opinion or constructive criticism.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #14
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I lived in this house from '79-83. Missed the Open House. Having another one?
Old 02-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #15
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I wanted to this weekend but there might be some trades people in there completing the finishing touches. If its still around, the following weekend for sure.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #16
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I have no problem with opinions being posted in 90% of the threads. Not one that I create to sell a property.
The response was very blunt and inaccurate.
Wrong side of Acadia? What does that even mean? I understand the estates are on the other side however the other side of Bonavista also includes areas less desirable than this side.
The comment about the garage taking up the backyard? Yes, please do use google maps and see how many houses have a backyard this size that include the rear garage.
The hardly one of the nicest comment comes across as if he has been through dozens of Bonavista properties (outside the estates) that are much nicer.

I love the feedback that CP brings my listings. It actually helps in the sale process however I felt the remarks were neither a opinion or constructive criticism.
Again, all the comments were directed at the other comments not your listing. I apologize if you took them that way - and please feel free to delete my comments or edit them out (I can't as they've been quoted). I fully understand if you want to and suggest so there's no hard feelings. I don't recall you editing other threads, I usually read them.

Wrong side of Acadia Drive (was directly at another comment) in that the "nicest pad in the community" sure isn't going to be on the east side of Acadia drive whether or not there are lesser houses on the west side too. The nicest "pad" in the community is going to be on the west side closer to the lake. I'm not being rude or blunt by suggesting that, I'm sure any buyer isn't going to think "yeah, I'm buying the best house in Lake Bonavista".

Bonavista is as very nice community, it's a very nice house, I can't afford it nor could I afford my current sized house in that community so I couldn't buy there, so who am I to say it's a bad or good house. What I can do is respond to the comments which I think we're a little over zealous. That's all. You called it "Lake Bonavista" so comparing it to the whole community seems fair. It's not like you called it "Not Lake Bonavista Estates" and I went and said "the estates are better, the estates are better".

Also commenting on the backyard is perfectly fair. The 85 feet can be taken differently if there's 24-26 being used up by a garage. It's still a big backyard, much bigger than the average house these days. I actually grew up in Bonavista for the first 10 years in (only remember 3 years probably) Calgary then moved to Varsity Estates. Know the areas pretty well have family friends in Bonavista still. A lot of the areas have yards that size, but I know it would have been much different had a garage been in the back yard vs. the front yard.

It's like this place (CP) went from normal to hypersensitive in the last week or I went from normal to sarcastic dick. I'm not sure what's going on .

But here's a question. Why's the listing now down? Why list it, then take it down and reslist to get trades people in? Seems a bit confusing, or is it something unexpected that suddenly needed fixed?

Also maybe add some "forum rules, or etiquette" if you'd like specific things followed. Photon had a post in the thread saying it's a sponsored forum, but didn't really have much other info.

Last edited by ranchlandsselling; 02-12-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #17
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Listing is down but showings are still taking place.
When you have a newly renovated home and well over 50 groups through, minor imperfections are going to be noted.
I showed the place twice today and another 3 realtors got through in the last 24 hours. I just don't want to burn "days on market" when trades people are working and the place is not showing its 100% true potential.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #18
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Again, all the comments were directed at the other comments not your listing. I apologize if you took them that way - and please feel free to delete my comments or edit them out (I can't as they've been quoted). I fully understand if you want to and suggest so there's no hard feelings. I don't recall you editing other threads, I usually read them.

Wrong side of Acadia Drive (was directly at another comment) in that the "nicest pad in the community" sure isn't going to be on the east side of Acadia drive whether or not there are lesser houses on the west side too. The nicest "pad" in the community is going to be on the west side closer to the lake. I'm not being rude or blunt by suggesting that, I'm sure any buyer isn't going to think "yeah, I'm buying the best house in Lake Bonavista".

Bonavista is as very nice community, it's a very nice house, I can't afford it nor could I afford my current sized house in that community so I couldn't buy there, so who am I to say it's a bad or good house. What I can do is respond to the comments which I think we're a little over zealous. That's all. You called it "Lake Bonavista" so comparing it to the whole community seems fair. It's not like you called it "Not Lake Bonavista Estates" and I went and said "the estates are better, the estates are better".

Also commenting on the backyard is perfectly fair. The 85 feet can be taken differently if there's 24-26 being used up by a garage. It's still a big backyard, much bigger than the average house these days. I actually grew up in Bonavista for the first 10 years in (only remember 3 years probably) Calgary then moved to Varsity Estates. Know the areas pretty well have family friends in Bonavista still. A lot of the areas have yards that size, but I know it would have been much different had a garage been in the back yard vs. the front yard.

It's like this place (CP) went from normal to hypersensitive in the last week or I went from normal to sarcastic dick. I'm not sure what's going on .

But here's a question. Why's the listing now down? Why list it, then take it down and reslist to get trades people in? Seems a bit confusing, or is it something unexpected that suddenly needed fixed?

Also maybe add some "forum rules, or etiquette" if you'd like specific things followed. Photon had a post in the thread saying it's a sponsored forum, but didn't really have much other info.
tldr
Should've just wrote:

"My mistake, I was wrong."
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #19
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
tldr
Should've just wrote: