Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #2261
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Exactly as Bizaro said, if an offer comes in at or above list price with no conditions...... you are officially forced to sell the property.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #2262
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Exactly as Bizaro said, if an offer comes in at or above list price with no conditions...... you are officially forced to sell the property.
Are you actually forced to sell? My reading of the contract I signed was that I could turn it down and still pay the commission if I preferred, although I wouldn't have done that obviously. (If I had got full list price no conditions for my house I would have been pretty happy!)
Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #2263
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Are you actually forced to sell? My reading of the contract I signed was that I could turn it down and still pay the commission if I preferred, although I wouldn't have done that obviously. (If I had got full list price no conditions for my house I would have been pretty happy!)
Agreed - that's how I interpreted it.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #2264
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Agreed - that's how I interpreted it.
I pulled out my old contract and looked, and it also said the possession had to be the same. So basically a perfect offer.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #2265
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
You'd have to have a pretty compliant realtor to get away with that. The standard MLS listing contract used by realtors in Calgary includes a provision that the full commission is due and payable if an unconditional offer at or above list price comes in, even if the seller doesn't take it. That's a pretty big disincentive to do that. Assuming the realtor isn't in on the shadyness, I suppose.
Happens all the time in Vancouver. A lot of people use their in-laws/cousins as realtors, so the compliance thing becomes a non-issue. In Vancouver it seems as though every other person is a real estate agent.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #2266
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Happens all the time in Vancouver. A lot of people use their in-laws/cousins as realtors, so the compliance thing becomes a non-issue. In Vancouver it seems as though every other person is a real estate agent.
Isn't the economy in Vancouver mainly based on selling real estate to each other at ever-higher prices? Makes sense that would require lots of Realtors
Old 05-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #2267
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
We have the same clause in Vancouver and I cant say I've ever seen this happen, let alone "all the time".
I see your point with family realtors, but this doesn't happen often.

Positioning the listing to generate multiple offers on the other hand, that is very common.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #2268
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't really kept up with the numbers (but Mike F's website is still the great source of information.) I catch the odd article, but apparently inventory is currently at a decade long high in Vancouver and sales a a decade low for this time of year? Saw an article about realtors complaining about people walking away from deposits as well - anecdotal certainly.

Interesting with Calgary doing well and with such cheap cheap money being handed out right now.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...te-wobbly.html

In May, average prices for houses have dropped about $150,000 compared to one year ago. That 12-per-cent drop wiped out two years of price increases.

The reason appears to be that too many more sellers are trying to cash in at the same time. Listings are up by 23 per cent, but fewer are buying: sales are down 24 per cent.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #2269
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

http://www.creb.com/public/seller-re...statistics.php

May sales up 31.77%. Prices up 2.83%.

Inventory is small.
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #2270
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
So what that means is your house has gone up $80k since February, time to buy that Range Rover you've been eyeing with that newfound equity in your house.
Well, you can get 80% of that for now right? 65% later?

Man, go do that NOW!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #2271
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
For single family homes, May had the next highest average price of $502,065 after the peak in July 07 at $505,920.

Spiking right now after hitting $421,075 in Feb this year.

So what that means is your house has gone up $80k since February, time to buy that Range Rover you've been eyeing with that newfound equity in your house.
All I see is price reductions in Calgary. Must be the new Index they use that shows RE being up.

It would be pretty stupid to use the equity to buy a fancy SUV. Smart people leverage their home to invest in the markets. TSX is doing great lately. FB anyone?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #2272
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I heard there is a groupon for facebook stocks right now....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #2273
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
All I see is price reductions in Calgary. Must be the new Index they use that shows RE being up.
Could reflect a change in the quality of product too. If you have a few high end condo developments hit the market, it can make it seem as though average price is going up, when in reality it's just a bunch of expensive luxury units driving up the average price.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #2274
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Just curious, where are you seeing price reductions?

To say Calgary's housing market is inflated and over priced due to record low and unsustainable interest rates and is on the verge of collapsing is probably fair. But I reckon claiming Calgary house prices are falling despite evidence showing otherwise is a little doomer, no?
Old 06-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #2275
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
Just curious, where are you seeing price reductions?

To say Calgary's housing market is inflated and over priced due to record low and unsustainable interest rates and is on the verge of collapsing is probably fair. But I reckon claiming Calgary house prices are falling despite evidence showing otherwise is a little doomer, no?
Parkland. I've been watching that are for a while and most houses are reduced or re-listed.

Not to mention comparing the city assessments from the last few years as inaccurate as they may be they show a trend.

Last edited by Red; 06-05-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #2276
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
http://www.creb.com/public/seller-re...statistics.php

May sales up 31.77%. Prices up 2.83%.

Inventory is small.
Don't have time to look just now - but wasn't May a record for luxary home sales? Could really skew the average?

Hopefully - I'm about 12 months from a potential move/purchase.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #2277
skins
Self-Ban

Exp:

Report from TD Economics predicts 10-15% price reductions in Canada over the next 2 years.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #2278
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Are we next?

http://business.financialpost.com/20...ve-13-in-june/

http://business.financialpost.com/20...r-low-in-june/
Old 07-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #2279
bradster57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The article suggests Calgary and Edmonton are at different points in their housing cycle and will not see a drop.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #2280
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradster57 View Post
The article suggests Calgary and Edmonton are at different points in their housing cycle and will not see a drop.
It's different here

Tags
housing , real estate