Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #41
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Yeah the guy who has 6 points this season is definitely a better top 6 candidate than mangi.

Are you Bennett's mom?

Why people do this? Disagree with him, but why bring family member into the discussion?
Old 01-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #42
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Mangiapane passes the eye test for me ... he can't finish. He's the epitome of the 2019-20 Calgary Flames.

Yes he falls down a lot. Yes his production isn't very good.

But outside of Gaudreau and Tkachuk he's really the only forward on the team that can create something out of nothing.
Yeah, he always seems to put himself in that grade 'A' scoring position, but the puck goes through him or he bobbles the puck. Probably could put up 30g if he could learn to bury the chances.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:28 PM   #43
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Mangiapane passes the eye test for me ... he can't finish. He's the epitome of the 2019-20 Calgary Flames.

Yes he falls down a lot. Yes his production isn't very good.

But outside of Gaudreau and Tkachuk he's really the only forward on the team that can create something out of nothing.

I get that he looks like he is trying hard, could even potentially do something. But whatever he is creating, it isn’t goals. Which is what the team needs from its top line.

Zero (0) points in the last 10 games playing with the two best forwards on the team means maybe it’s time to give the minutes to someone who might have that extra improvement in timing, hand eye, accuracy, or whatever else he can’t get going

Passing the eye test and consistently not finishing should mean it is time to suit up in the bottom 6. The NHL isn’t a development league, it is the show. Cheers to the Flames coaches for supporting the kid. Jeers to the Flames coaches for rewarding his failure to live up to the required production of that prime slot.

And the falling down thing isn’t a minor issue. He regularly gets knocked down in corners on the forecheck, and when the play goes the other way, he is a few strides behind the play.

I guess that’s a challenge for the Flames. Perhaps if nobody is holding anyone accountable for their performances, this lacklustre season is what you get

Hopefully they do another all star break reversal and magically emerge with some better play. I’m skeptical due to the systems issues
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #44
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Why people do this? Disagree with him, but why bring family member into the discussion?
Because not everyone is a snowflake
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote