Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2019, 05:16 AM   #1541
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pats trade a 2nd to Atlanta for Mohamed Sanu.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:51 AM   #1542
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
The Cowboys lost to this Jets team somehow. Man we can talk about how crap reffing is ruining the league, and it sucks, but there has never been this many absolute dog#### teams as there is right now. So many teams are just unwatchable.
I think this is the trend going forward as the careers of the elite QB's of the last 15 years is coming to a close. You have a group of teams tanking to draft a young Qb and a group of teams starting young QB's that aren't very good. Add in the fact that a lot of the top QB's that dominated the last decade putting up record stats are aging and on decline such as Big Ben, Rivers, Rogers, Brees, Brady (he's still playing good but is no longer playing like he did in his prime). Once these QB's are out of the league it's going to be even worse.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:53 AM   #1543
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Pats trade a 2nd to Atlanta for Mohamed Sanu.
That's a steep price for a guy that hasn't really worked out in Atlanta, never broken 1000 yards or caught more than 5 TD passes.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #1544
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I think this is the trend going forward as the careers of the elite QB's of the last 15 years is coming to a close. You have a group of teams tanking to draft a young Qb and a group of teams starting young QB's that aren't very good. Add in the fact that a lot of the top QB's that dominated the last decade putting up record stats are aging and on decline such as Big Ben, Rivers, Rogers, Brees, Brady (he's still playing good but is no longer playing like he did in his prime). Once these QB's are out of the league it's going to be even worse.
I mean it's not really NBC's fault for the SNF game this week since Mahomes getting hurt is unpredictable, but this might be the worst week of primetime games we've ever seen

TNF: Redskins@Vikings
SNF: Packers@Chiefs
MNF: Dolphins@Steelers

Just brutal.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #1545
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
That's a steep price for a guy that hasn't really worked out in Atlanta, never broken 1000 yards or caught more than 5 TD passes.
Bet he does all that and more as a Patriot. ( Pro-rated at least)

Belichik is pretty good at identifying under utilized guys an making them look like pro bowlers.

Though a 2nd does seem a bit pricey for this guy, clearly they really like him.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #1546
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sanu is good IMO.

Just has played behind Jones for a while now, and then Calvin Ridley was drafted high and took some of his targets. Plus Hooper has emerged as a pass catching TE for them in the slot which also reduced Sanu's role.

I think in the Patriots offense where Slot possession receivers are always heavily leveraged that Sanu could be a big weapon for them.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #1547
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I mean it's not really NBC's fault for the SNF game this week since Mahomes getting hurt is unpredictable, but this might be the worst week of primetime games we've ever seen

TNF: Redskins@Vikings
SNF: Packers@Chiefs
MNF: Dolphins@Steelers

Just brutal.
Andy Reid will have the Chiefs in Arrowhead competitive against the Packers. He will scheme up some plays where Moore will have wide open receivers to throw to. Rogers may have a good day against their secondary but it will be a better game than the other two that may not be worth watching.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #1548
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Rogers may have a good day against their secondary but it will be a better game than the other two that may not be worth watching.
You can't fault NBC for picking the Mahomes and Rogers matchup. Those are the breaks. It could have been a great matchup instead of the meh it will be.

I'm more concerned about the D Line getting pressure and the Line Backers being able to tackle at the second level, or cover running backs. The Chiefs DB's outside of too many penalties, have actually done alright. Packers should be looking to get in a healthy dose of running as the Chiefs can stop one of the pass or the run...but not both.

At least come November the Monday night games are starting to look better. But yeah, ESPN likely is none too happy with most of their selections thus far.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 10-22-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #1549
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
#Broncos trade Emmanuel Sanders to the #49ers along with a fifth-round pick in exchange for third- and fourth-round picks, as @MikeKlis tweeted.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #1550
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Sanu is good IMO.

Just has played behind Jones for a while now, and then Calvin Ridley was drafted high and took some of his targets. Plus Hooper has emerged as a pass catching TE for them in the slot which also reduced Sanu's role.

I think in the Patriots offense where Slot possession receivers are always heavily leveraged that Sanu could be a big weapon for them.
Also, promising rookie N'Keal Harry is eligible to return in Week 9.

If the Pats can shore up the O/L they have no real weaknesses (though Gostkowski is out for the season).
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #1551
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Patriots were also rumored to be after O.J.Howard from Tampa. It would seem that the Patriots have determined that they want some bigger body type players to work into their scheme, be it for the passing game, or even Wide Receivers blocking on the outside near the goal line, or in short yardage situations.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #1552
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fletcher Cox is not a man I'd try to antagonize.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...hwart-break-in
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #1553
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Patriots were also rumored to be after O.J.Howard from Tampa. It would seem that the Patriots have determined that they want some bigger body type players to work into their scheme, be it for the passing game, or even Wide Receivers blocking on the outside near the goal line, or in short yardage situations.
They really miss Gronks blocking for sure
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #1554
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Rumour that the Eagles offered up a 1st and Aghalor for P. Peterson. If they’re willing to pay that I gotta hope CHJ will be there soon. Won’t cost nearly as much and will really help that secondary.

Denver media also going full Boston and trashing Sanders on his way out of the door. Elway made not so veiled comments during the post trade press conference that Sanders was a locker room cancer and had to be moved immediately. Local guys latched on and it’s Sanders Smear Campaign 2019.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #1555
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Rumour that the Eagles offered up a 1st and Aghalor for P. Peterson. If they’re willing to pay that I gotta hope CHJ will be there soon. Won’t cost nearly as much and will really help that secondary.

Denver media also going full Boston and trashing Sanders on his way out of the door. Elway made not so veiled comments during the post trade press conference that Sanders was a locker room cancer and had to be moved immediately. Local guys latched on and it’s Sanders Smear Campaign 2019.
Eagles need to stand pat and rebuild through the draft. The team is old and not very good at several positions. I don't see how mortgaging picks for a 30 year-old rental CB is a good idea. I mean if it's Agholor for Harris straight up, then absolutely, but I don't see Elway being quite that dumb.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #1556
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

So Mahones is a possibility this weekend....unreal.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
19m
Andy Reid said during his conference call with Green Bay media that he's going to see what Patrick Mahomes can do in practice today. Confident in Matt Moore; Bashaud Breeland also had a kid. The end.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #1557
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Fletcher Cox is not a man I'd try to antagonize.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...hwart-break-in
That wont play well with those who believe having a gun prevents nothing.

Seriously though...you wanna take on a guy like that?

Death Wish.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #1558
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
So Mahones is a possibility this weekend....unreal.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
19m
Andy Reid said during his conference call with Green Bay media that he's going to see what Patrick Mahomes can do in practice today. Confident in Matt Moore; Bashaud Breeland also had a kid. The end.
I know people don't like fantasy but a guy offered me Mahomes and Engrem for Josh Allen yesterday. I took it immediately. If he plays this weekend that would be awesome.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #1559
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I know people don't like fantasy but a guy offered me Mahomes and Engrem for Josh Allen yesterday. I took it immediately. If he plays this weekend that would be awesome.
Umm, that guys sounds like a newbie or a complete dum-dum. Mahomes + Engram for Allen. wow.

Dont think you could hit accept any faster on that trade.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #1560
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Drew Brees is planning on playing this week vs Arizona.

Personally I'd like Teddy to get one final start and give Brees a little more time as the Saints have the bye the following week, then make his return against the Falcons in Week 10. The way the Saints D is playing, there's no point rushing him back. But knowing how uber-driven Brees is, I'm not shocked to hear he wants to play this weekend. We'll see what happens..some talk he may just suit up as an emergency backup on Sunday, that's probably the ideal situation.

Last edited by Sainters7; 10-24-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote