Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #6441
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think what makes our group the good guys is that they slip in and out of darkness and morality comes in to question, but it's a battle for all of them.

The evil doers in this world are the sadists, the one's who take pleasure in their evil deeds. The group Daryl blew up showed this, the Governor showed it, Terminus peeps showed it.

Half a page late but that's my opinion.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:02 PM   #6442
lifetime_flamesfan
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I more get the impression that Carol's crisis of conscience was brought on a maternal feeling of responsibility to protect Maggie.

She feels that Maggie, soon to be a mother, has to change, she cant keep doing this and Maggie really confirmed that at the end of the episode.

If anything I think Carol is going to become even more willing to delve her hands into the filth in order to keep Maggie's clean. Carol has shown a willingness and ability second only to Rick's to do what she feels has to be done.

But I dont think she has Rick's sense of level moral character. Her I can see slipping too far. Again.

Carol is going to end some fools with extreme prejudice. Hopefully starting with Morgan.

Yeah I actually agree with what your saying to a degree. I think Morgan has started this crisis of conscience in Carol, but she was able repress it. When Carol found out Maggie pregnant, that's when I think it becoming harder for her to control it.

Carol repeatedly ask that Paula to run so she wouldn't have to kill her and it seemed to me like Carol was almost heartbroken to set the fire that killed the saviors at the end.

I put on the spoiler tag, because I'm making a guess in to the future of the show (I have no knowledge of the comics, it just I feeling I get from the vibe of the show).

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to lifetime_flamesfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #6443
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Jesus is a Negan. I don't trust him.
The Following User Says Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #6444
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetime_flamesfan View Post
Yeah I actually agree with what your saying to a degree. I think Morgan has started this crisis of conscience in Carol, but she was able repress it. When Carol found out Maggie pregnant, that's when I think it becoming harder for her to control it.

Carol repeatedly ask that Paula to run so she wouldn't have to kill her and it seemed to me like Carol was almost heartbroken to set the fire that killed the saviors at the end.

I put on the spoiler tag, because I'm making a guess in to the future of the show (I have no knowledge of the comics, it just I feeling I get from the vibe of the show).

Spoiler!
God I hope you're wrong.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-19-2016, 08:16 AM   #6445
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, thinking on it more, the Saviours made the worst mistake they could.

Rick's group (I've sort of dubbed them 'The Survivors' in my head) went on this little crusade out of necessity. No one was really on board and no one was really happy about it. Well, maybe Daryl.

But anyways, by taking Maggie and Carol the Saviours swung Carol around from reluctant to active, by taking Maggie they probably swung Glenn to being actively against them and by default that means Rick and Daryl and thus the rest are now fully committed.

And if theres one thing you do not want it is Carol committed to your demise. She's got a pretty good track record in her favour. You do not want to go to war with Carol.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #6446
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
On one hand I totally agree, there is a few instances where he has been incognito when Negans men are around. However, there are some things that do not add up, like the stealing a truck. You would think this Negan would have just killed them.

If it is him which it very well could be I would love to see them explain the story. It adds up but it doesn't at the same time.

Was he in the binocular view of the ladies at the beginning of last episode? Did the medic see him when Rick had his gun on him? Seems like he was missing.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #6447
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And if theres one thing you do not want it is Carol committed to your demise. She's got a pretty good track record in her favour. You do not want to go to war with Carol.
Especially if they have children.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #6448
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You dont trust Jesus? You heathen!

Jesus saves!

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #6449
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly, thinking on it more, the Saviours made the worst mistake they could.

Rick's group (I've sort of dubbed them 'The Survivors' in my head) went on this little crusade out of necessity. No one was really on board and no one was really happy about it. Well, maybe Daryl.

But anyways, by taking Maggie and Carol the Saviours swung Carol around from reluctant to active, by taking Maggie they probably swung Glenn to being actively against them and by default that means Rick and Daryl and thus the rest are now fully committed.

The biggest mistake has been made by Rick's Group, or the Survivors as you call them. For acting against the Saviors without knowing anything about that group. They would have probably met the Saviors at some point, but now they have given Negan's Saviors a reason to come and wreck the Alexandrian's world.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:52 AM   #6450
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't trust him, but how could that be the case, unless Hilltop was in on the deception, or they don't know who Negan is?
Old 03-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #6451
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadora View Post
The biggest mistake has been made by Rick's Group, or the Survivors as you call them. For acting against the Saviors without knowing anything about that group. They would have probably met the Saviors at some point, but now they have given Negan's Saviors a reason to come and wreck the Alexandrian's world.
The Saviors would've done that anyway, and Rick knows it from his dealings with the Hilltop as well as Daryl's encounters with them. It was a preemptive strike, and they managed to strike a beneficial deal with the Hilltop at the same time. It was actually really smart, yet ruthless.

Last edited by Fire of the Phoenix; 03-20-2016 at 10:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire of the Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #6452
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
The Saviors would've done that anyway, and Rick knows it from his dealings with the Hilltop as well as Daryl's encounters with them. It was a preemptive strike, and they managed to strike a beneficial deal with the Hilltop at the same time. It was actually really smart, yet ruthless.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. Especially about that deal they struck with the Hilltop community, but to me the mistake was acting against the Negan's group without knowing much about them. The Saviors would have eventually crossed paths with Rick's group, but now, the need for revenge is much greater for the Saviors.

Still though, this is making for amazing TV!
Old 03-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #6453
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nobody talking about the bolt through the eye in here yet?

Haha, that was awesome. I love how she kept right on talking for a few more seconds before keeling over.

If I was Darryl I'd track that guy down and keep him alive while I took him apart a few inches at a time.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #6454
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Why oh why is their closest thing to a doctor going out on a run, especially when they just clear out the pharmacy anyway. Oh well, another great episode otherwise.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RW99 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2016, 12:28 AM   #6455
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Great episode, what a season so far.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:18 AM   #6456
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Enjoyable episode last night.

I wonder how Dwight's face got burned? Loved the "What's that? I really didn't hear you" as he turns his deformed ear to Darryl. Also, the "I wasn't actually aiming for her" line was good too.

I agree that it was silliness to let the "doctor", with no experience outside the city, go on this trek. Well, it almost worked out.

Negan's guys are getting dropped like flies by Rick's crew. I imagine they are about to get Negan's full attention.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #6457
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

It was dumb that she went, but she said herself that she was going to go with or without their help. I think she wanted to prove to herself that she could do it and that she wasn't just scared all the time anymore.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #6458
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I wonder how Dwight's face got burned?
It wasn't explained yet in the show, but I'm sure it will be.

I bet if you took a guess you would have the right answer.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:28 AM   #6459
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Because he is burned, and the only burning we had go on was in the kill room, that would be my guess. Though I'm not sure how he could have escaped from that.

Good episode though. Crazy that Carol jammed. I was trying to figure out what Morgan was thinking at the end.

"I want to do that too?"
"did she leave because of me?"
"whoops"

They are building towards something between Daryl and Morgan. Morgan has built a room to keep enemies alive in, while Daryl is regretting not killing when he had the chance. Should be interesting.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #6460
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

The burn was too healed up to be the Kill Room. I'd imagine it's more to do with him trying to run away from the Saviors and getting caught again by them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies