Dances with Wolves

Exp:

It also reminds me of this (also from sony):

Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #42
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

That looks extremely uncomfortable to use. The Microsoft version for the 60 controller looks much easier to use.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #43
QuadCityImages
Scoring Winger

Exp:

There's also going to be an Android app, and I believe an iPhone app, to act as a remote as well. That's worth like $100 right there to me; no more looking for the remotes stuck in the couch.
QuadCityImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #44
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

at 299$ for the first googletv box the boxee box at 199 may be more tempting imo
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #45
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Boxee looks good, although from what I can tell, you still can't browse with it, nor does it play flash video.

I am looking for a media center that will play streaming channels along with my media collection. I think Google TV is right for this....
Incogneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #46
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCoGnEtO View Post
Boxee looks good, although from what I can tell, you still can't browse with it, nor does it play flash video.

I am looking for a media center that will play streaming channels along with my media collection. I think Google TV is right for this....
By browse do you mean Internet? (I assume so). The Boxee box will have Flash support from what I have read, and it has a bunch of channels (They just added some new Canadian Content). It plays any file from your media collection as well.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #47
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsim View Post
By browse do you mean Internet? (I assume so). The Boxee box will have Flash support from what I have read, and it has a bunch of channels (They just added some new Canadian Content). It plays any file from your media collection as well.
Yeah. For instance....Lets say I subscribe to an online TV program that runs streaming video of almost anything I want (Hypothetically, of course), I want to be able to browse to that website, and view the streaming video on from that site on my TV.

Does that make sense?

If this WAS what I was trying to run, it would definitely solve my problem of being a Flames fan in Victoria...
Incogneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #48
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCoGnEtO View Post
Yeah. For instance....Lets say I subscribe to an online TV program that runs streaming video of almost anything I want (Hypothetically, of course), I want to be able to browse to that website, and view the streaming video on from that site on my TV.

Does that make sense?

If this WAS what I was trying to run, it would definitely solve my problem of being a Flames fan in Victoria...
You should look at what apps Boxee supports. For example, they have the NHL Gamecenter Live app, which will allow you to watch all GCL apps on your TV through the boxee box.

Boxee.tv, there are tons of plugins and apps for third party websites supported, so that you need not browse to them.