Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #261
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay so if I'm understanding it correctly (no sound at work to listen to videos but watch them) there are basically three animations that make an AA.

1) Animation to begin the attack
2) Animation to send the attack
3) Animation after the attack has left

So what I'm trying to time is clicking after the 2nd step has taken place but before the 3rd starts?

This game just gets more complex the more I get into it.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #262
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
Okay so if I'm understanding it correctly (no sound at work to listen to videos but watch them) there are basically three animations that make an AA.

1) Animation to begin the attack - Ashe draws Bow
2) Animation to send the attack - Ashe lets arrow fly
3) Animation after the attack has left - Ashe lowers bow

So what I'm trying to time is clicking after the 2nd step has taken place but before the 3rd starts?

This game just gets more complex the more I get into it.
Yep.

Jump into some custom games and just practice on some minions.

Try first just attacking a minion, then moving during the animation (I would try it out with Ashe first), you can usually get away with moving your character when your arrow animation is in flight. If you do damage, you are within the correct time, if you don't, you were too quick.

It takes a bit of practice to find that specific line with each champ.

After you get somewhat comfortable with that, try autoing the minion again. I would start with that before jumping in to attack moves.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaramonLS For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #263
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I will also add that while orb walking doesn't actually improve your attack speed or make you attack faster, it pretty much influences every aspect of your positioning game.

Champs with range like Ashe or Caitlyn can abuse this so well because of their range advantage. With Caitlyn, you can essentially walk up to a champion, fire a shot, and move back and in most cases (unless they already clicked to attack you before you started autoing them) you will do damage without taking any yourself. You can use this to last hit minions safely as well.

Miss Fortune can also use this because of her move speed passive. In some cases when an enemy is running away from you, you can land 2-3 extra shots in their back (because you move so much faster) if you end the attack animation slightly early.

Vayne also uses this really well because of her auto attack. I will say that proper mechanics benefits her the most of any AD carry.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #264
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Game changer!

I haven't got it down 100% (obviously) but when it clicks it does make a huge difference especially when chasing someone down or having a number of minions at low health. Where I fumble the most is trying to click the A button when clicking and I'm so used to only using my right click I sometimes screw up.

What I don't get the most with the A is sometimes it doesn't attack the minion/champ I want so I'm gonna have to work on that. But if I'm unsure or desperate I'll just right click on the minion/champ until I get some more practice with the A and left click.

Another thing I've been told to work on is smartcasting. It's almost an over whelming game when you have never played any type of computer game before this. Small details make up a huge difference over a game.

Thanks again for the videos and explanation earlier!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #265
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post

Another thing I've been told to work on is smartcasting. It's almost an over whelming game when you have never played any type of computer game before this. Small details make up a huge difference over a game.

Thanks again for the videos and explanation earlier!
Yes, you do. Try that combo with Ashe while smartcasting W. I smart cast everything now and it has improved my game significantly. You can bind a couple keys to cast spells normally if you need to. Ashe's ultimate sometimes is good to keep on both smart cast and regular cast.

Also a lot of people go into their options and change that A button to "Shift move click", might give that a try.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #266
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry for what might be a dumb question but what do you mean by "Shift move click"?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #267
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

I just started playing Blitzcrank - might be the most fun I have had with a character. I obviously have seen other people play him countless times, and it looked boring, but I am glad I bought him on a whim.

Nothing like having two teams square off on each other, and you manage to get that one lucky pull on their glass cannon ADC, and Ash’s is dead from 5 heroes attacking her in a group before she has a chance to even auto attack once or her team can make two steps to help her. It always makes me smile. It is a lot of fun, and his Ult does a lot more damage than I ever thought (accidently kill steal trying to silence guys to stop them getting away a few to many times).

Pro – when you do well your team loves you and feels grateful for you
Con – When you miss a pull or catch minions a few to many times in a row, people get upset and blame the game on you very quickly (albeit it Blitz is a game changer)
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #268
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If you guys want to try champions with a unique and fun play style, try Heimerdinger and Ziggs. They can be game changing if you get "the feel" for them
JeanLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #269
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone else tuning into the World Finals right now? The games are about to start shortly.

http://na.lolesports.com/
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlAcKNoVa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #270
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sooo bad. That was awful to watch. Jax was completely running show every match and Royal refused to ban him. Very one sided final.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #271
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I wasn't able to watch it. I watched a fair bit of the group/quarters/semis - which were very good. Too bad the final was such a stomp.

Any word on the viewer numbers? I'd expect it to be well over a mill.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #272
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I did check the Twitch counter at one point during the first game and it was close to 450k. Have no idea what the numbers were on Azubu and other streams, but like you said, I don't doubt at all total viewers were well over a million.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #273
Weirdness
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anyone still playing? All this Heroes of the Storm stuff I've been seeing got me interested in the genre, but I'm a bit wary of the reportedly toxic community that these sorts of games have.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #274
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdness View Post
Anyone still playing? All this Heroes of the Storm stuff I've been seeing got me interested in the genre, but I'm a bit wary of the reportedly toxic community that these sorts of games have.
I still play LoL when time permits. I used to have issues with the trolls but now it's fun to just joke them off instead of getting mad/defensive to them.

LoL would be a good One to start with as the learning curve isn't too bad at all.

The account I play on most is "Cheezor"
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #275
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

On and off. Haven't played a ton since December.

I think the whole troll thing is a bit overblown to be honest, especially when you start to play with better players. Most of my normals are plats / diamonds and it is pretty chill. People play serious, but not a ton of trash talking as long as you do your job well enough.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #276
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

URF is a great mode!!!! I would suggest trying it out before it disappears April 7
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #277
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

2014 All-Star event is on right now from Paris.

http://www.solomid.net/streams/4633
Old 06-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #278
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Daaamn, Riot finally updating Summoner's Rift. Update will hit the PBE sometime this year. It looks awesome.

Old 11-03-2018, 01:59 AM   #279
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Buuuuuuuuump! 2018 Finals about to begin. Invictus Gaming (China) vs Fnatic (EU)

Old 11-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #280
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know nothing about league. Or kpop. But this is pretty cool.

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote