Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Dreamweaver spry validation question

OK web geeks - may I pick your brains for a minute?

I am trying to create a form in Dreamweaver that includes some spry validation. If someone doesn't enter something into a field or if they use an incorrect format, for example, it will turn red. That sort of thing.

I want to include some "hints" in the field that tell people the correct format. I can get the hints in there without any trouble, but when I try and change their colour to grey, they remain black. I have inserted the following into the SpryValidationTextField.css file but it doesn't change anything:

Code:
.textfieldHintState input, input.textfieldHintState {
    color: #999999;
}
Any other formatting/colour changes that I do in that CSS file are reflected properly. Just not this one. I can change the colours for valid/invalid entries, etc. just fine, but something is preventing me from "dimming" the hints nicely so they don't look like pre-entered text.

I lifted the code off of another site that I have access to, and it works perfectly there - the hints are grey as they should be.

The main differences with the one that I am having trouble with is that it contains tables to keep my columns nice. Other than that, I can't see anything else that might be hindering it. The problematic site also has a few other instances of javascript on there, but even with those things disabled, I end up with the same result.

Anyone familiar with these spry validation things that could throw out a few suggestions?
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote