Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #81
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I wish we were able to find out who saved David. This is going to end up as one of life's biggest mysteries. I also loved Cody's reaction to him.

That part was hilarious
Old 09-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #82
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Who doesn't go on any television show for anything other than instafame? Really?
People who want the money?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:46 PM   #83
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
People who want the money?
With fame comes money so obviously the two are intertwined.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #84
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammer403 View Post
That part was hilarious
As funny as it was it was also cringeworthy bad. David thinking he was a master actor with the fake tears and all. I'll give him props for lasting this long but man he has to be one of the all-time worst players at this game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 04:30 PM   #85
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

At first I thought they were buying his acting but I think he oversold it way too much and Cody's reaction was funny.

I give it 1-2 more weeks and he will be out, he's seen by everyone as expendable (same as Kevin) so whoever wins HOH can put those two up again and not cause any waves
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:36 PM   #86
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

it's funny, because survivour / amazing race / big brother.... I would love to have the paid for summer vacation with the game and competition. But the 15 minute of fame in that context is something i wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll.

I guess that's why i've never tried to get onto any of these shows.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 07:38 PM   #87
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
With fame comes money so obviously the two are intertwined.
Only if you hit it big and have earning potential. Tons of people are famous and broke.

Unless you think Fessy getting paid a $2k appearance fee at the grand opening of a local IHOP counts as with fame comes money.

For most of these people the $500k is a way better deal, and probably easier to win than getting truly famous and rich. Most of them are narcissistic egomaniacs so the fame is #1. Money is second.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:53 PM   #88
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
As funny as it was it was also cringeworthy bad. David thinking he was a master actor with the fake tears and all. I'll give him props for lasting this long but man he has to be one of the all-time worst players at this game.
The funniest part to me is I think they knew he was lying, not just because of his bad acting, but because they all know he has no real alliances and his gameplay is so bad that there’s zero chance anyone in that house would use a power to save him.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:30 PM   #89
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Good god Nicole, always the victim. That whole crying about Ian was one big circle jerk to make up for her laughing at him earlier and losing sponsors.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #90
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

You rock Day. Eff yes. Didn’t get bullied, did what was best for her game. So happy.

Unless Ian goes home. I really like him. But Tyler doesn’t want to be there anyways. I wonder if they send him home.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:47 PM   #91
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

They actually came up with a different competition for once, that was interesting.

So glad Day didn't listen to Dani... Do Cody and Dani just expect people to hand them this game? Everything has gone their way this entire game, and the second something doesn't go their way they crumble. Same with Nicole with the Ian thing, and I don't buy that she cares about Ian - it's all for show.

Dani should've picked Ian as the first replacement after David used his power, then Tyler after the veto. Now it seems like Cody and Enzo will make sure Tyler survives this vote and Tyler will go after Dani now - unless she uses her power to play in the HoH competition again.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:28 AM   #92
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dani will absolutely use her power, no reason not to.

But I do think Cody does expect people to hand him the game, because that's exactly what happened last time. Just instead of Derrick getting everyone to hand him the game (including Cody), he's relying on far lesser players....but still might work out.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 07:38 AM   #93
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Dani will absolutely use her power, no reason not to.

But I do think Cody does expect people to hand him the game, because that's exactly what happened last time. Just instead of Derrick getting everyone to hand him the game (including Cody), he's relying on far lesser players....but still might work out.
Cody is smart enough to know that he needs to keep Tyler in the house to keep the bullseye off his back. As long as Tyler's in the house Cody can sit back and lay low. Tyler has Memphis, Cody, Enzo, Christmas in his corner so it's pretty well a done deal that Ian's out and Dani will probably an outsider in her alliance after her actions as she kind of confirmed everyone's thoughts of her being shady.

I like Ian but he's done absolutely nothing this season and given all the anxiety issues he may be better off relaxing in the jury house.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:25 AM   #94
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Only if you hit it big and have earning potential. Tons of people are famous and broke.

Unless you think Fessy getting paid a $2k appearance fee at the grand opening of a local IHOP counts as with fame comes money.

For most of these people the $500k is a way better deal, and probably easier to win than getting truly famous and rich. Most of them are narcissistic egomaniacs so the fame is #1. Money is second.
Did that actually happen? If it did, not sure if its sad or funny (or both)
Old 09-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #95
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Not exactly but I seem to recall the lady with lots of plastic surgery from a few years ago doing low key appearances like that. Mostly nightclubs. Elana?
Old 09-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #96
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I remember her. She was really thirsty for "fame" so totally something she would do
Old 09-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #97
guzzy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

apparently on the live feeds Memphis referred to David as the n word while talking alone with Cody. Cody signalled for him to stop talking. There are now petitions online to get Memphis booted. This is less than a week after Memphis was making fun of Ian for having autism (not to his face). I am against cancel culture but maybe getting booted would teach egotistical pricks like Memphis a thing or two.
guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:31 PM   #98
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

FTR Memphis did not say the n-word. Not in the clip I saw anyways.

He didn’t almost say it either. Basically he was talking and got cut off. It sounds like he’s saying “David and Nic...” and gets cut off. If you try really hard the Nic sounds like nig.

But it’s TMZ so facts are secondary. They’ve posted that he said it and have bleeped the video.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:37 PM   #99
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Production has said they have listened to enhanced audio and he did not say that.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:54 PM   #100
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unfortunately for Nicole, the tears and the acting job tonight was too late. Her brand sponsors have cut ties with her after she joined in with Memphis, Dani, and Christmas laughing at Ian's rocking.

https://screenrant.com/big-brother-s...l-mocking-ian/

If she owned up to her moves and being a villain in the diary room like Dr. Will did, I'd respect her more. It'd be a shame if she became the show's first 2-time winner.

Speaking of Will, I think the "legend" moving in next door is either him or Dan.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote