Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2020, 10:34 PM   #1
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Anyone interested in a (mostly) working 2012 Macbook?

Long story short: I have an old 13" Macbook Air that is in need of a new home for a bargain. Here's the catch: about a year ago it started having some display issues where lines would run down the screen, probably due to a fall. The laptop is in parts right now, so I'll just use someone else's picture as an example of what it looks like:

Spoiler!

I took the whole thing apart, cleaned and dusted it and inspected it for water damage, and came to the conclusion that it's probably in need of a new LCD that I'm reticent to shell out for. The screen does work normally as long as there's just a bit of torque applied to the upper casing, which confirmed to me that it's an LCD problem.

I've tested it, and it works just fine when hooked up to an external source. So if anyone wants a 256GB Macbook Air (13", mid-2012) and doesn't mind using it as a home computer (or replacing the screen, using it for parts, whatever floats your boat), you'd be doing me a favour by saving me from Ebay part sourcing.

Asking $250. Other than the screen thing, just some minor cosmetic flaws, and a ding on the edge near the top of the screen where I suspect it was dropped. No other hardware issues. If there's interest I'd be happy to upload pictures once I've put it back together.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote