Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:
Exclamation [Video] Jankowski 17/18 Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfeWHmicSws

Honestly thought this was going to be a short video but much like Giordano, Janko makes a tonne of great defensive plays. Looks like he will develop into a great 2-way centre that has a knack for gorgeous goals!

Lots of fun chemistry with Bennett and Jagr, and then Bennett and Hathaway. wonder if just upgrading Hathaway to Derek Ryan or Frolik makes a big difference in production.

2017-2018 Stats:
In 72 games: 17 goals + 8 assists = 25 points, 51 blocks.

Videos Completed This Summer:

I set up a poll asking what video the majority of people would like to see next:
https://www.strawpoll.me/16149205
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What sweet mitts Janko has. I love how AC added the part where after Bennett scored against the Nucks Janko says "Oh wow, I was open back door"
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Thanks AC! I’ve been looking forward to this one.

How about a Mike Smith vid next?
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:30 PM   #4
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Man this video is getting me jazzed up for this season. Janko has sweet fast hands, I look forward to seeing what he can do this year. No sophomore slump here I'll wager.
FlamesFanTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanTrev For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #5
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be interested to see how a Janko-Bennett-Neal line would fare. They owned the ice with a competent re in Jagr but the struggled with a prototypical mucker in Hathaway. Could keep the 3m line intact and have Lindholm and Neal swap once in a while.

I know this video is a condensed positive outlook but anyone would be foolish to think Janko and Bennett suck. The goals and assists aren't there yet but you can tell it's as close as flipping a light switch. And that was Jankos first year! He's only going to get better the more confident he gets.

Love his defensive play, should be the lead PK center this year.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #6
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great video. I'd love to see a 17g-17a-34p season from him this year or something around those totals if he gets some third line or PP time.

If he adds more assists it just means Bennett has taken a step too and would go a long way toward giving us 3 legit scoring lines.
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #7
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw that shorty against AZ from ice level seats. It was sweet.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #8
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Great reach, unique skill set.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:06 PM   #9
Azhouse
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just a question for AC.

To compile your content do you record every game and make notes while the games are on?

Your videos are fantastic by the way.

I was left wanting after the season was over but your highlight reels have me pumped for the new season.
Azhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #10
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Lots of fun chemistry with Bennett and Jagr, and then Bennett and Hathaway. wonder if just upgrading Hathaway to Derek Ryan or Frolik makes a big difference in production.
I think that would make a huge difference. Frolik might not move the needle much but Ryan (being a RH shot who can also play centre) seems like a natural fit. Wonder if a younger guy like Czarnik might get a shot as well (for similar reasons).
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:40 PM   #11
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhouse View Post
Just a question for AC.

To compile your content do you record every game and make notes while the games are on?

Your videos are fantastic by the way.

I was left wanting after the season was over but your highlight reels have me pumped for the new season.
Not quite. Nowadays I have access to the game broadcasts and I can simply download both feeds for each game.

I used to record the games and would have to transfer them to my computer (VHS originally then using DVDs). Afterwards I go through the games and read through the play-by-play gamelogs the NHL puts out and check each hit and block to see if they're worth pulling. Everything else I have an eye for like defensive plays. But mostly everything gets replayed now so its easy to find the highlights.

But for defensive highlights it takes more work for sure.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:20 PM   #12
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

His highlights are so sick. Very glad he is locked up for 2 years now
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #13
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am confident that this guy, with some more experience and NHL ice time, is going to be able to bump Backlund off of the 2C spot. It would make our team much, much deeper and difficult to play against if this happens. Would absolutely make up for the loss of our hopes for Bennett becoming our other top 6 C.

Jankowski was a project and is projecting just fine as to what we want him to do. He can work on his defensive game and the use of his body a little more but he looks to be a real good keeper for the future. I think with the new additions on our team we are going to be able to see some more points from him if given the opportunity. I really want to see a line of Bennett - Jankowski - Czarnik.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:17 PM   #14
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've said it before, and just can't deny it. He plays like young Niewy. The way he skates and carries himself is uncanny to Joe.

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #15
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

If Jankowski and Bennett can find some consistency with a decent right winger they could be a good third line this year. Czarnik and Foo are possibilities to fill that roll.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #16
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great video, AC! This kid is gonna be a beast.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:27 PM   #17
Freddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think after this next season Jankowski will be an untouchable core piece of this team going forward. The patience in his development is going to pay off huge.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:46 AM   #18
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

What was the quote some tool just spouted recently? No other western conference team would want this guy as their 3rd line centre?

LOL

I think almost every western conference team would love to have this kid with his skill, size, and skating. Especially at his salary. The future is bright for him. Up and down rookie season sure. But you’d have to be blind to not see his upside and potential.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #19
jaikorven
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This player is going to be a fan favourite in the near future, I think. The defensive game is already good now just a bit more offence. Gonna be a big year for him.

Thanks for your hard work on these AC. As always a great video!!
jaikorven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #20
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Such a smart player, knows where to be and where his teammates are going to be. Plus real good hands for a tall guy, good shot, big frame, sound defensive game. What's not to like?
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote