Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2018, 11:44 AM   #101
H2SO4(aq)
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

absolute garbage human. good riddance. we were all worse off for having to watch that scumbag play a great game. I hope great misery for him going forward
H2SO4(aq) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:56 AM   #102
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Burrows become more than just my favorite player over the years, he became my friend. He helped me thru my toughest years of depression and always had my back. I would give anything to have been at his last NHL game.
Quote:
Not many fans get to meet their favorite players. I'm forever grateful I had the opportunity to become friends with mine. Words can't even describe how thankful I am for the impact Burrows had in my life.
Quote:
From 2009 to 2017.
A lot of things change over the years but me being your #1 fan is something that will always stay the same. Thank you for everything and more.
Quote:
I woke up to this in the mail along with a letter from Burrows and Bieksa shortly after being hospitalized for my mental health. Just one of the many ways he always had my back ❤ #ThankYouBurr
Ya I get that Burrows was hated by many fans for his play on the ice and he didn't really make the smartest choices out there in terms of trash talk in his early days. But Burrows was a great human being off the ice and nothing you guys will say will make me feel any different.

PS those quotes aren't from me.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #103
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...rticle1200793/

Vancouver Canucks forward Alex Burrows is facing accusations of misconduct during a Montreal summer league game, according to RDS.ca.

The report said the Canucks winger is under investigation after violently swinging his stick and striking the face of a goaltender at the Excellent Ice arena in Kirkland, Que.

"Police went to the arena, but there are no charges right now,"
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #104
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Ya I get that Burrows was hated by many fans for his play on the ice and he didn't really make the smartest choices out there in terms of trash talk in his early days. But Burrows was a great human being off the ice and nothing you guys will say will make me feel any different.

Even bad people do good things from time to time. And good people do bad things.

That being said Burrows has shown little regard for others or regret for his bad actions both on and off the ice - he seems to be a very selfish person. I’m glad he helped that individual but there are a lot more negative stories out there than there are positive... where there’s smoke, there’s fire
Sutter_in_law is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sutter_in_law For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 12:14 PM   #105
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

"If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and Toby Burrows, I would shoot Toby Burrows twice." - Michael Scott

Last edited by alan21; 07-06-2018 at 12:19 PM.
alan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alan21 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #106
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...rticle1200793/

Vancouver Canucks forward Alex Burrows is facing accusations of misconduct during a Montreal summer league game, according to RDS.ca.

The report said the Canucks winger is under investigation after violently swinging his stick and striking the face of a goaltender at the Excellent Ice arena in Kirkland, Que.

"Police went to the arena, but there are no charges right now,"
I don't care how many people said he was a nice interview or that he did nice charity work for the teams he was employed. The fact he tried to decapitate a beer league goaltender tells you all you need to know about what type of man he really is outside the NHL. Great human being? LOL really?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #107
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Anyone who pulls the antics he did is not a great human being no matter how he disguises it. He was and is a total pos. Good riddance.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #108
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also mocking Shane O'Brien's alcoholism during the brawl a few years ago was garbage.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #109
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Little known fact, Burrows is regarded by many as the best ball hockey player there ever was.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #110
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

It truly is a great day for hockey. Good riddance to this d-bag.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #111
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

"Smartest choices"?

He knew someone was abused as a child and mocked them for it. Repeatedly.

The things he said to O'Sullivan, Tootoo, O'Brian etc weren't just bad decisions. They were windows into the kind of person he is. And news flash, it's not "a great human being".

Anyone who would knowingly mock someone for being abused is a vile, disgusting waste of a person.

The fact you feel the need to try and justify looking past that to actively praise him as a person speaks volumes.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 03:07 PM   #112
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember when kesler and burrows were mocking backes and talking about his wife? And then the Canucks tried to sign backes as a ufa and he refused to sign in Vancouver?

That’s pretty darn humanitarian right there by keeping backes from the Canucks.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 03:24 PM   #113
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But Burrows was a great human being off the ice and nothing you guys will say will make me feel any different.
That is one hell of a pile of feces to die on. Burrow in, I guess.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #114
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Old 07-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #115
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://t.co/8VIlhWEu79
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:35 PM   #116
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Also mocking Shane O'Brien's alcoholism during the brawl a few years ago was garbage.
Ya I posted that gif . Post 73

Terrible human being
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 05:40 PM   #117
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

You're trying to argue that water isn't wet. Good luck I guess.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #118
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Spoiler!
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #119
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
You're trying to argue that water isn't wet. Good luck I guess.

Being a liquid, water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet.

Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material.

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=6097
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #120
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Canucks fans want Burrows signed for a day, retire a Canuck, and added to their Ring of Honor. It was on YVR radio stations all day long.

Burrows was nominated by the Canucks for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy during his career. I get the dislike for the player, but if he had been a Flame, my guess is most here wouldn't be advocating to put a bullet to the back of his head. Extremely excessive comments as it relates to a hockey player.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote