Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 06-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #1001
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Well the only thing you’re judged on here is your posts and to put it bluntly your posts suck. Want people to think better of your work here? Contribute better
Yeah kind of hard to when there is so much negativity around the Flames and CP. But i will try.
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybb79 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #1002
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
Hamilton gone, Stajan gone, trade Bennett and 85% of our dumb penalties vanish.
Well Tkachuk takes a lot of dumb penalties too but he makes up for it by drawing more dumb penalties than he takes LOL.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #1003
Owen15
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Well another jersey headed to goodwill. A gift from a corporate outing to a game when Dougie was a shiny new toy.

Damn that’s not the first, some lucky guy has a nice Bourque jersey too.

Maybe Neal will take #27?
Owen15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #1004
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

A shakeup of the core group needed to be made. Fox wasn't going to sign with us and with the questions/whispers regarding Hamilton in the dressing room, I like this trade going forward and think Brad got a good return.

Obviously time will tell on Hanifin and Lindholm but I do like the upside both players bring to the team. Hopefully this is the shakeup we needed.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #1005
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Wasn’t Lindholm’s FO percentage something like 55% last year? I could definitely see him lining up as the 2/3 C in Calgary at some point. Maybe Backlund will be moved? Or at least moved to 3rd line duties.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #1006
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like the trade was balanced without Fox (they get better D now, we get better W now). With fox there should have been a pick or prospect coming back. That's how I feel anyways. Ferland was one of my faves too, I even caught one of his Brandon games once.

Watched these new Flames kids in WJC, so I know they have a lot of potential. Especially Noah.

Hopefully Peters and friends get better results here. If Smith has another amazing seasons they better be north of 95pts.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Badgers Nose For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #1007
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Wasn’t Lindholm’s FO percentage something like 55% last year? I could definitely see him lining up as the 2/3 C in Calgary at some point. Maybe Backlund will be moved? Or at least moved to 3rd line duties.
Last two seasons combined -> 785 won, 643 lost, 55.0%
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #1008
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Except the media and fans have been making these observations for a couple years. So they're not after-the-fact justifications for a trade. And the Flames trading for his brother and Hamilton not making himself available to the media are facts on the ground, not speculation.

So do you flat out not believe any insider media comments about players? Or only the ones about players you like?

Look at the comments from Treliving himself. If you can't see Flames brass had issues with Hamilton's attitude, I don't know what to say.

My issue is the wild and unfounded conclusions you've leaped to in the past without having any concrete info. Even in this thread you start with "I don't think we can assume" and then go one to assume something else.

Just don't see how it's fair on necessary.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #1009
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

If Hamilton is as much of a headcase as I've been hearing around, then I partially rescind my harsh judgement on this deal. Still, there's a lot to be seen. Lindholm NEEDS to produce well. Hanifin NEEDS to be able to contribute both offensively and defensively and make Hamonic look good. And the Flames NEED to get more scoring overall.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:54 PM   #1010
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
I feel like the trade was balanced without Fox (they get better D now, we get better W now). With fox there should have been a pick or prospect coming back. That's how I feel anyways. Ferland was one of my faves too, I even caught one of his Brandon games once.

Watched these new Flames kids in WJC, so I know they have a lot of potential. Especially Noah.

Hopefully Peters and friends get better results here. If Smith has another amazing seasons they better be north of 95pts.
This was me too. I felt like Fox was too much going to Carolina, didn't mind the players leaving, liked the players we were adding. Just felt like Fox tilted the deal to Carolina's favor.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #1011
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to see this as the set up

Gaudreau-Monahan-Tkachuk
Jankowski/Bennett-Lindholm-New RW
Janko/Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
Whatever on the 4th line
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #1012
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
In a perfect world I try something like this:

Gaudreau - Monahan - UFA
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Bennett
Jankowski - Backlund - Frolik
Hathaway - Lazar - Jabroni
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #1013
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing that's exciting is that if you put a guy that's responsible defensively with Monahan and Gaudreau, then Monahan and Gaudreau can take a lot more risks offensively.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #1014
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Time will tell but some of you need to realize Hanifin is 21 when you are comparing numbers
Old 06-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #1015
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I like the deal. I found Hamilton to be very overrated here because he could put up some points, but IMO his weak defensive play negates that. Plus as some others have mentioned the guy has no other gear, he was like Bouwmeester 2.0. If Hanifin can learn a more solid defensive game, I think he's an upgrade even if he doesn't get as many points

Lindholm is a clear upgrade on Ferland, so this trade is a win in my books. Treliving still needs to bring in more help up front though before the Flames can think about making the playoffs
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #1016
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
In a perfect world I try something like this:

Gaudreau - Monahan - UFA
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Bennett
Jankowski - Backlund - Frolik
Hathaway - Lazar - Jabroni
I posted something like this and I forgot all about Dube. I think he can make the fourth line at least. It's possible he could go to the third and Frolik can move to fourth.

I wouldn't re-sign Hathaway though. I think Shore is better. I think Brouwer is actually better.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #1017
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
This was me too. I felt like Fox was too much going to Carolina, didn't mind the players leaving, liked the players we were adding. Just felt like Fox tilted the deal to Carolina's favor.
But without Fox you essentially are trading Hamilton and a 2nd for Lindholm and Hannifan. That seems pretty lopsided too.

It really comes down to how much you think Trevling could get for Fox in a separate deal since we know he wasn't going to sign now. If you think you could get more than a second round pick form the Canes are getting really good value. If you think we get a second or less then the Flames win for sure.

Not sure how you Value Fox though give he would sign here
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #1018
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

I dislike this trade.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #1019
bomber317
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default My card is relevant!

My hockey card became relevant!

Spoiler!
bomber317 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bomber317 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 04:00 PM   #1020
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbl420 View Post
Fox not wanting to sign makes him a throw in.
Have to disagree with statements like this. Even if he doesn’t sign with us, I bet there are a dozen teams that would have been interested. Obviously no guarantee he signs with them either, but I bet you could have gotten a high draft pick or a reasonable prospect in return from the highest bidder. I’m pretty sure Treliving knows this too — so he must really think highly of Lindholm and Hanifin.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote