Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #401
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Curious now...what did they talk about? I rarely hear anyone outside of this area discuss the Panthers for any length of time, so I don't really know how they're perceived outside of this market.
They were talking goaltending and defense. Discussions about what they had in the system and what the issues were that were leading to one of the highest goals against in the league.

They also talk about how they would be able to make Bob and Panarin (sp?) fit if they manage to get them out of Columbus. What that would mean for the current goalies and if there would be any way to dump either.

Also mixed in some talk about how they probably wont be a spend to the cap team based on some of the attendance woes.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #402
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
There’s always 770 during the evening. Also Maher is on XL radio.
Wait...Peter Maher is on XL radio? why? i don't have sat radio, but this strikes me as odd. The guy wants to be on radio and 960 can't find 30-60 minutes to hear his take?
dustygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #403
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
Wait...Peter Maher is on XL radio? why? i don't have sat radio, but this strikes me as odd. The guy wants to be on radio and 960 can't find 30-60 minutes to hear his take?
I listen to XM 91 alot, I've never heard him there.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #404
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
I listen to XM 91 alot, I've never heard him there.
XL, not XM.

https://www.xl103calgary.com/
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #405
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Curious now...what did they talk about? I rarely hear anyone outside of this area discuss the Panthers for any length of time, so I don't really know how they're perceived outside of this market.
They talked about how they were thought to be taking a step forward this year and it didn't happen, if they'd sell off some assets, etc.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #406
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't know where else to post this so....

https://twitter.com/user/status/1096065424045760512
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:35 AM   #407
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
They were talking goaltending and defense. Discussions about what they had in the system and what the issues were that were leading to one of the highest goals against in the league.

They also talk about how they would be able to make Bob and Panarin (sp?) fit if they manage to get them out of Columbus. What that would mean for the current goalies and if there would be any way to dump either.

Also mixed in some talk about how they probably wont be a spend to the cap team based on some of the attendance woes.
My assumption is that Luongo retires this year. His actual salary drops down to $1.6 million next year and he looks like he just can't keep up anymore after a few key injuries the last couple of years. Buyout is a possibility as well, but the Panthers likely don't want to spend that money or have that cap hit.

Reimer is perfectly acceptable as a backup who gets no more than 30 games, so no need to dump him, especially when there is nobody else in the system ready to step up.

The team lacks personnel to defend consistently, but it's mainly a system issue. Boughner wants them attacking a lot which leads to odd-man rushes against. There is also an issue of covering the high danger areas consistently from all 5 men on the ice. If Boughner doesn't adapt, I doubt he sticks around with the team much longer. The personnel is adequate enough to be around league average defensively. They were a VERY good defensive team under Gallant a couple years ago and the personnel isn't vastly different.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:05 AM   #408
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

What day did Nault and Pinder go at each other? Sounds like good listening I missed out on.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #409
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Monday I think.

Pinder did nothing wrong. Nault is a spaz that takes comments personally, even when comments have zero to do with him.

Pinder actually handled it like a pro, and Nault reacted like a 14 year old boy.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #410
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My assumption is that Luongo retires this year. His actual salary drops down to $1.6 million next year and he looks like he just can't keep up anymore after a few key injuries the last couple of years. Buyout is a possibility as well, but the Panthers likely don't want to spend that money or have that cap hit.

Reimer is perfectly acceptable as a backup who gets no more than 30 games, so no need to dump him, especially when there is nobody else in the system ready to step up.

The team lacks personnel to defend consistently, but it's mainly a system issue. Boughner wants them attacking a lot which leads to odd-man rushes against. There is also an issue of covering the high danger areas consistently from all 5 men on the ice. If Boughner doesn't adapt, I doubt he sticks around with the team much longer. The personnel is adequate enough to be around league average defensively. They were a VERY good defensive team under Gallant a couple years ago and the personnel isn't vastly different.
What are the re-capture penalties for the Canucks and Panthers if he retires after this season?

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #411
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Monday I think.

Pinder did nothing wrong. Nault is a spaz that takes comments personally, even when comments have zero to do with him.

Pinder actually handled it like a pro, and Nault reacted like a 14 year old boy.
I just listened to it. For anyone interested it is at about the 70 minute mark of the podcast from Monday Feb 11.

That really came out of no where, wow. It wasn't as prolonged as the Steinberg/Loubardias clash over Kris Russell from a few years ago, but still.

You're right, Pinder was cool as a cucumber. That was impressive because I thought it was headed in another direction.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #412
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I just listened to it. For anyone interested it is at about the 70 minute mark of the podcast from Monday Feb 11.

That really came out of no where, wow. It wasn't as prolonged as the Steinberg/Loubardias clash over Kris Russell from a few years ago, but still.

You're right, Pinder was cool as a cucumber. That was impressive because I thought it was headed in another direction.
Link?

I can't find it.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #413
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Link?

I can't find it.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/pinder-...s-finally-out/
Old 02-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #414
jaydub74
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm thinking Will does not like Pinder, not just as a broadcaster but at all. He blows a top for no reason and then gets all personal. Professional!

Will should probably seek other employment, this radio thing is not for him.
jaydub74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaydub74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #415
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
What are the re-capture penalties for the Canucks and Panthers if he retires after this season?
I just googled that the other day and found a thread on HF with some info. The third post has a table, and then the fifth post adds more info.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...eason.2345329/

They better hope he retires this year, or else plays out the whole contract, because it's pretty ugly.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #416
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Monday I think.

Man that came out of literally no where!
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #417
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Monday I think.

Ya I've noticed that about Nault. Seems like he gets offended when his opinions are challenged a bit or just not agreed with. When theyve discussed getting a goalie at the deadline comes to mind. When Pinder brushed off the Islanders a bit comes to mind as well. But Pinder always keeps it pretty pro in those situations. Nault reminds me of a drunk friend at the pub discussing things and gets a bit heated.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #418
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Woah that was definitely out of nowhere. Nault has to have issue with Pinder. Ive heard things get uncomfortable between them probably 2-3 times in the last month alone and i dont listen that much either. That was definitely the worst of it though.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #419
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I just googled that the other day and found a thread on HF with some info. The third post has a table, and then the fifth post adds more info.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...eason.2345329/

They better hope he retires this year, or else plays out the whole contract, because it's pretty ugly.
He seems like a prime candidate for a "career ending injury" and Florida either carries his cap hit for 3 more years or dumps it on a team like the Coyotes.
4X4
Old 02-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #420
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now Wills getting hot and taking a run at Pinder for hating on Smith all year
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post: