Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #301
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting the e-scooters are being allowed to resume already, but still many places with high touch points are still restricted. The later you could argue could have more sanitizing procedures done in place to prevent spread of illness, whereas these e-scoots definitely aren't going to be getting sanitize that often. (If at all?)
Joborule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:36 PM   #302
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it depends if you view them as commenting infrastructure or recreational infrastructure. As a commuting tool they are closer to transit which has to to be a very high risk area so if a scooter trip replaces a bus trip then it’s a win.

As a recreational device it’s very similar to playgrounds which I believe are still closed. Outdoors definitely helps decrease the viability of the virus.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #303
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't live in Calgary anymore since they introduced the scooter thing. I find it weird you can't ride a personal e-scooter on the paths.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #304
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I don't live in Calgary anymore since they introduced the scooter thing. I find it weird you can't ride a personal e-scooter on the paths.
I find it weird that you left the city over e-scooters.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:13 PM   #305
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Interesting the e-scooters are being allowed to resume already, but still many places with high touch points are still restricted. The later you could argue could have more sanitizing procedures done in place to prevent spread of illness, whereas these e-scoots definitely aren't going to be getting sanitize that often. (If at all?)
If it makes you feel better (it won’t) I received a nice email inviting me to be a juicer again and they kindly asked that I wear gloves, a mask, and sanitise. I would of course have to purchase the materials for that myself which would be another thing that reduces the margin on what I might make charging, so yeah, I can’t imagine these are getting sanitised on the regular. I won’t be touching them for the time being.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #306
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Find it interesting companies are still being wacko about "touchpoints" when all the guidance is coming in highlighting that it is airborne virii that are the real transmission risk.

Sure there is some risk around touching, but it is negligible compared to respiratory contraction.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:41 AM   #307
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Given how congested the pathways system is already, and the conflicts between people traveling at dramatically varying speeds, I don't think any powered vehicles should be allowed on them.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #308
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Given how congested the pathways system is already, and the conflicts between people traveling at dramatically varying speeds, I don't think any powered vehicles should be allowed on them.
You are allowed pedal assist e-bikes capable of going 32km/h. The no powered vehicle shop has sailed
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:03 PM   #309
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anybody here making extra $ as a Lime juicer? Does it actually pay for you to do it? I live in the beltline, so I am thinking of making a few $ just picking up scooters that are ready to be chaged in my immediate area.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:34 AM   #310
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
Anybody here making extra $ as a Lime juicer? Does it actually pay for you to do it? I live in the beltline, so I am thinking of making a few $ just picking up scooters that are ready to be chaged in my immediate area.
I haven’t done in this year because of the virus but last year it was a super easy way to make a few bucks on the way home from somewhere. I enjoyed it because I didn’t have to interact with people and it was fun to ride the scooters around for free. Your account is limited in the beginning so you can only do so many charges a night, plus you were limited to how many chargers you could purchase (not sure if this is still a thing)

I can’t imagine anyone making a living off it, I never made more than 50 bucks a night. Probably perfect for you if you live in the belt line though, you’ll become a pro at riding the scooter with other scooters stacked on top in no time lol
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:00 PM   #311
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I think there's a few reviews and videos of experiences suggesting you're typically in the $3-$5/hr range if you're equating it to a job. In that case, god no. But if you would enjoy getting out and doing it then I guess it could be good for beer money or whatever.

These companies all prey/rely on people who either a) just want to quickly get a job without searching and interviewing and don't realize how little money is made relative to their time or b) people who are sitting around anyways so they don't mind getting out and doing something and getting extra pocket money.

Skip, Uber, Lime, it's all the same - you get great service for cutthroat prices because they **** everyone along the way.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #312
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

nm

Last edited by jayswin; 08-02-2020 at 06:14 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:54 PM   #313
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

As soon as I figure out how to steal power from my neighbours I’ll be setting up a juicing farm in my back yard.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:51 AM   #314
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

The Segway Ninebot Max scooter is finally on sale ($150 off). I've had my eye on them forever and this is the first time I've seen a sale so I grabbed one with my credit card points. I also have the Segway ES4, but the Max is faster and it'll be fun to have both so I can cruise around with my kids and they can go together with their friends.

These scooters are really fun, so if you're on the fence just do it. I had my ES4 that I've had for a couple years out in Banff earlier this month and I rode it all the way up from town to the top of Tunnel Mountain, which is pretty cool considering I weigh over 200 pounds (all muscle).
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:24 PM   #315
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

A Segway would be fun but can you legally ride them on city property?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #316
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
A Segway would be fun but can you legally ride them on city property?
Not sure, but I've had one for two years and never had an issue. We're not talking about the Paul Blart Mall Cop ones, though. These are like a skateboard with handlebars.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:19 PM   #317
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Not sure, but I've had one for two years and never had an issue. We're not talking about the Paul Blart Mall Cop ones, though. These are like a skateboard with handlebars.
Haha, you mean a scooter. Poser.
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterpants For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 01:50 PM   #318
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Segway Ninebot Max scooter is finally on sale ($150 off). I've had my eye on them forever and this is the first time I've seen a sale so I grabbed one with my credit card points. I also have the Segway ES4, but the Max is faster and it'll be fun to have both so I can cruise around with my kids and they can go together with their friends.

These scooters are really fun, so if you're on the fence just do it. I had my ES4 that I've had for a couple years out in Banff earlier this month and I rode it all the way up from town to the top of Tunnel Mountain, which is pretty cool considering I weigh over 200 pounds (all muscle).
Are you selling that ES4? I’ve been debating getting one of these in the new year.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #319
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Are you selling that ES4? I’ve been debating getting one of these in the new year.
Nah, sorry. Keeping it for the family - my kids and their friends love it.

Looks like ES4 is also $150 off right now at Best Buy. That would be $849, but at that point you're probably better off getting the Max for $50 more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #320
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:

Very attempted to buy this.

However, I have a friend that insists I should buy an Apollo scooter instead.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote