Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #41
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, I stunk that second game. Thought we could have beat those dudes. Oh well.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #42
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

That first game was pretty good tho. Thought there was some pretty good "early" chemistry out there. Especially that second goal. Awesome how you anticipated I was going to break to the net and you put the puck right on my stick just as I blew past their D.

I got my ass kicked in the face off circle tho, which is weird for me. I have like a 93 face off rating, and I usually win most of them. I wouldn't mind spending some time practicing them against a real person tho. We just have to figure out the practice mode...
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #43
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, Im not sure why it was trying to find an opponent. I assumed we could just play a scrimmage vs cpu or have open skate
Old 10-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #44
Gary83
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'd be interested to know if this takes off, I play RD exclusively, the club I'm playing on right now is ranked 114 in Elite, I had left them earlier to try CP's team but after two weeks I think I had gotten like four games in so I went back to my old club.

I would be interested in joining up.
Gary83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #45
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I'd be interested to know if this takes off, I play RD exclusively, the club I'm playing on right now is ranked 114 in Elite, I had left them earlier to try CP's team but after two weeks I think I had gotten like four games in so I went back to my old club.

I would be interested in joining up.
Nice!

This brings up a question I've thought about... do we want competition for the 6 roster spots? What about a bench? Should we carry a main roster and a 2-3 person bench in case someone can't dress?

I stated earlier that I would like to lock down the membership to 6 at a time, in order to ensure maximum familiarity, but I didn't really ask for anyone else's input on that. I don't really want this to be "my" club, it should really belong to the entire team. I'm just the guy that had and/or acted on the idea of setting it up.

So what do you guys think? Should we lock the membership at 6, or add a 2-3 person bench?

As for competition for spots, my idea all along was to play a few games with people at whichever positions they want to play, and then the captains would get together and select the starting lineup. Since spots are pretty limited, and the goal of this club is to be able to make a competitive run... well, anyway...
Old 10-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #46
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think a 2-3 person bench would make sense. It might be hard to have all 6 people available at the same time. With a bench you get a better chance on getting a full game.

We also need to schedule specific times on when we are going to play or this will end up like the original CP Xbox team and hardly no games will be played. With a schedule we can also organize if a bench player is needed, if we decide to go with a bench that is.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #47
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Absolutely, a schedule is a must.

Going by the posts in this thread, it looks like most won't be on until after 8PM on weekdays. So how does 8:30-11:30 sound for times? I have us set up as a West Coast club as well, so there should still be some teams on at that time.

Also Friday nights are a bit tough for me. Saturday, Sunday are tough if people have kids, etc.

Proposal
Practice: Mon @ 8:30-11:30pm
Club Games: Wed, Thurs @ 8:30-11:30pm

Keep in mind, that there's nothing stopping people from playing club games any other time. In fact, I envision the weekends to be pretty much a free for all in terms of just playing games with whomever's on at the time. Keep the formal stuff for weekday nights when we can concentrate on what we're doing.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #48
trapper
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Ill play RW
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post

Also Friday nights are a bit tough for me. Saturday, Sunday are tough if people have kids, etc.

Proposal
Practice: Mon @ 8:30-11:30pm
Club Games: Wed, Thurs @ 8:30-11:30pm

Keep in mind, that there's nothing stopping people from playing club games any other time. In fact, I envision the weekends to be pretty much a free for all in terms of just playing games with whomever's on at the time. Keep the formal stuff for weekday nights when we can concentrate on what we're doing.
Monday and Thursday are fine for me but Wednesday night for the most part is a no go for me.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #50
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

No problem. Which 3 days work best for everyone?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #51
trapper
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Most weekday nights after 8 are fine with me
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #52
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Most weekday nights after 8 are fine with me
Same here. My quiet time is after my kids go to bed. LOL

As for the weekends I'm kind of all over the place.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #53
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights are best for me.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #54
slybomb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I would like to play, I am currently on the CP team but have only ever played in 4v4 games or smaller. I like to play 6v6. I can play anywhere except goalie (prefer C or LW). I am superstar 3.
Tag: SLYBOMB
Name: Dexter Morgan
Style: LW (PLY) C (TWF) RW (PWF) D (TWD)
Jersey # 6
slybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slybomb For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #55
HellFire
Draft Pick

I am interested if their is an opening. I can play 6 night's a week except Wednesday's.

Tag: skreech357
Name: Steven Robinson
Position: RW/D
Style: Power Forward/ Defensive D
Jersey #: 15

I can play center and willing to play goal if need be(not my strong suit) .

Last edited by HellFire; 10-16-2012 at 12:56 PM.
HellFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HellFire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #56
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

I declined the offer on my player hub as I thought it was just for 6 and you had the spots filled and all that was left was goalie, and that is not something that anyone wants to see.

If there is going to be a bench then I would be in, and have a better chance to play 6v6. I will learn to play D
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #57
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybomb View Post
I would like to play, I am currently on the CP team but have only ever played in 4v4 games or smaller. I like to play 6v6. I can play anywhere except goalie (prefer C or LW). I am superstar 3.
Tag: SLYBOMB
Name: Dexter Morgan
Style: LW (PLY) C (TWF) RW (PWF) D (TWD)
Jersey # 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFire View Post
I am interested if their is an opening. I can play 6 night's a week except Wednesday's.

Tag: skreech357
Name: Steven Robinson
Position: RW/D
Style: Power Forward/ Defensive D
Jersey #: 15

I can play center and willing to play goal if need be(not my strong suit) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
I declined the offer on my player hub as I thought it was just for 6 and you had the spots filled and all that was left was goalie, and that is not something that anyone wants to see.

If there is going to be a bench then I would be in, and have a better chance to play 6v6. I will learn to play D
Awesome! I wasn't on last night, and this week is going to be tricky as I'm working on a side consultation project, but please add the current members to your friends list. They should have GM rights and can look after getting you a club invite.

I am still around, and this is still very much a go. I just won't be as visible for the duration of the week.

Last edited by FanIn80; 10-17-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #58
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Of note: Please look at the membership info in the first post. Anything with a "?" needs to be provided. I will not be contacting people individually to get the info. An unwritten rule regarding membership in this club is the ability to follow along and discern for yourself when your input is needed. This will be huge when we start getting into systems, and especially huge when we're reading and reacting to opposition systems.

Goaltending
Also, I have been playing around in goal in some drop-in games. I lost my very first game in net 8-2 (yikes), but I won my second game 4-2. The first game, I was trying to do too much, but in between games, I went into the practice mode and got a better feel for what is required in order to make the save. I have to say I enjoy playing goal. I was always in goal when we played growing up, so angles/rebounds/etc are a natural thing for me. Anyway, having said all of this, when I get through this week, I'd like to try a couple club games (ie: good players) and see how I do. Others are also welcome to strap on the pads as well. To be blunt: We need a goalie, and they have to be good. A lot of the pro/elite level games are tight-checking, so 1-2 goal differentials are pretty common.

Formalized Schedule, Input for Systems, Team Captains
Lastly, let's try to shore-up a formal schedule this week. Right now, we're getting things set up and playing some impromptu games to get a feel for our teammates. Very soon, however, I'd like to start finalizing lineup and bench spots and start getting into the systems stuff. To that end, I have named captains for the team (listed in the first post - I hope they don't mind, since I haven't spoken to them about it), and I would like to elicit preliminary input from everyone about which systems we should adopt. Final decisions will rest with the captains, but this club belongs to all of its members - so input from everyone is expected and appreciated.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be on tonight for some games
Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #60
slybomb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Jayems/Fire, I believe we are friends on Xbox Live. Could one of you please send me an invite to the team? Thanks
slybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slybomb For This Useful Post: