Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #1081
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Did it work?
It worked. Thanks.

For whatever reason, it works on the 2nd highest setting. On the highest setting, it's all Spanish.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #1082
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I wish they'd put up the rest of Californication on Netflix.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #1083
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
I wish they'd put up the rest of Californication on Netflix.
I wish it didn't start sucking in season 3. I hear it gets back on track in season 4 and 5.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #1084
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I wish it didn't start sucking in season 3. I hear it gets back on track in season 4 and 5.
I'm almost done season 3 and while it's not as good as the first two seasons, I still liked it. I could see the show getting stale if it doesn't evolve though, especially considering the fact that it got renewed for season 7.

As of now I'm still pretty into it. It's what I imagine Entourage would be like if it was written by the writers of Breaking Bad

Season 3's "The Apartment" is the best episode so far imo.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #1085
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
I'm almost done season 3 and while it's not as good as the first two seasons, I still liked it. I could see the show getting stale if it doesn't evolve though, especially considering the fact that it got renewed for season 7.

As of now I'm still pretty into it. It's what I imagine Entourage would be like if it was written by the writers of Breaking Bad

Season 3's "The Apartment" is the best episode so far imo.
That episode had me pretty much laughing non-stop.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #1086
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
That episode had me pretty much laughing non-stop.
Yeah, it just got more and more ridiculous (in a good way) every second. Bottle episodes usually suck but this one was perfection.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #1087
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Season 3 of Archer is so far the best season IMO. I am thoroughly enjoying the series!
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #1088
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
Season 3 of Archer is so far the best season IMO. I am thoroughly enjoying the series!
Definitely agreed. We're up to the last 2 episodes right now and have been loving season 3.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #1089
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
3 was by far my favourite (loved the guest appearances and the Canadian episode).

4 hasn't disappointed either.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #1090
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Live and Let Dine from Season 4 is one of the best episodes of Archer. It's soo good.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #1091
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Live and Let Dine from Season 4 is one of the best episodes of Archer. It's soo good.
Great. Now I have to watch it again. Had me laughing out loud the entire episode.

"The Wind Cries Mary" was awesome this season too. The last 30 seconds had me in stitches.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #1092
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I never planned on buying a 3D TV but I was looking for a plasma and the best 1080p Samsung plasma in my price range happened to be 3D.

Because of the file size and the need for high resolution SBS files needed to make 3D look decent, I haven't really bothered finding many 3D movies or documentaries, etc. but I was pleasantly surprised to find my PS3 bringing me a Netflix 3D genre. Most of the films are crap but there's some interesting documentaries. The only blockbuster is Immortals.

If you have a 3D TV and Netflix (I'm viewing the US one through the DNS trick) and have some time to kill, it's a pretty fun way to take advantage of a seldom used but very good feature.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 03-05-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #1093
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Unblock-US has not worked very well for my gf watching Netflix on her iPad so I'm thinking about trying out a VPN change instead

Is a VPN a good idea? How many GB per month would Netflix need if she's watching probably ~2-3 hours a day?
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #1094
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Unblock-US has not worked very well for my gf watching Netflix on her iPad so I'm thinking about trying out a VPN change instead
How has it not worked very well?
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #1095
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Is a VPN a good idea? How many GB per month would Netflix need if she's watching probably ~2-3 hours a day?
I use a VPN for all my computers/media devices to connect to US Netflix, as well as use a variety of other services, spoofing blacked out hockey games (appearing to be in other markets) and for private torrenting.

My VPN maxes out around 16 Mb/ps (2 MB/ps) down, and 3.2 Mb/ps (.4 MB/ps) up, which is much faster than I've gotten using free proxies. The stability is unquestionable, and an HD connection is guaranteed. The one I use has unlimited bandwidth.

It costs me $6 a month, but considering I use it daily and I have far less crap to deal with, I consider the service worth it.\

As far as GB per month, me and my wife play games constantly, download lots of crap and watch Netflix while doing both. According to Shaw, my "worst" month I hit 340 GB (up and down).

EDIT: Didn't realize Unblock-US is a VPN service. Disregard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 03-13-2013 at 08:15 AM.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #1096
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Is Unblock-Us set up on your router or the iPad? I have Unblock-us at home and use all sorts of devices, including an iPad, and I have never had an issue with Netflix. Mine is setup on the router and all devices have no problem.

Before taking the plunge on a VPN, I'd try some local troubleshooting just in case. Uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app if you haven't already done do.

As Flames89 has asked, how is it not working well?
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #1097
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I stopped using Unblock-US a long time ago and use DNS servers from PlaymoTV and UnoDNS as my primary and secondary.

Works perfectly fine on my PS3 and they have no way to authenticate you with how the PS3 app is designed so it's free.

The only problem is that the PS3 app is crap and there is no way to actually browse specific genres except for the movies they recommend for you so I end up searching American Netflix movie lists from my PC and then manually finding them on the PS3.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 03-13-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #1098
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
EDIT: Didn't realize Unblock-US is a VPN service. Disregard.
Unblock-us isn't a VPN service, they're a DNS service. No bandwidth considerations or anything like that, so your post about VPNs is still valid.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #1099
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I use unblock-us on the PS3 no problem, it's only on the iPad there's ever been issues. Her Netflix will stop working 2 or more times every time she watches a 40 minute show, and her Internet will be extremely slow or not even work a lot of the time. The wifi connection is fine though

I haven't tried setting it up on the router, I set it up individually on each device. Ill try that tonight if it keeps happening. I'd rather keep using unblock-us since the only service we use it for is Netflix and $5 a month is pretty reasonable. It's only the iPad that's been an issue so I'm sure ill figure it out

Thanks for the replies
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #1100
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Tried reactivating my account a couple weeks ago I let it go after I lost my cc.So I had to change the numbers but it wont update or let me put in a postal code only a american one.

What gives?
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote