Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2020, 07:51 PM   #1861
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They'll keep Mojo because of Gronk even though Mojo is terrible. I was surprised that Elias wasn't cut loose. Especially after he and Corbin basically walked through their Wrestlemania matches.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:52 PM   #1862
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Three trainers were cut from the performance center as well. But I expect it will be a while before they roll in a new student class.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:09 PM   #1863
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Drake Maverick’s tweet is just absolutely heart breaking

https://twitter.com/user/status/1250493936185102339
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:28 PM   #1864
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
They'll keep Mojo because of Gronk even though Mojo is terrible. I was surprised that Elias wasn't cut loose. Especially after he and Corbin basically walked through their Wrestlemania matches.
While he might be below average with his in ring skills, Elias is just electric on the mic and with his songs. There’s nobody out there who can do what he can do.

That might be the only reason why Mojo is still there. Just fresh off his appearance on WM. Along with a few names I’m surprised they haven’t released, like Titus, Tozawa, Shorty G, Apollo Crews, Lucha house party, etc... I get the feeling there might be another wave of releases in a month or two
Old 04-15-2020, 08:47 PM   #1865
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

The likelihood that anyone of these people end up in AEW any time soon is ridiculously unlikely. Rumours are they have buyers remorse on Hardy and the other WWE throw away whose name I forget. Bringing in talent at a time where you're not bringing in money is ill-advised

Expect AEW to actually cut some people in the coming weeks too.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:53 PM   #1866
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
The likelihood that anyone of these people end up in AEW any time soon is ridiculously unlikely. Rumours are they have buyers remorse on Hardy and the other WWE throw away whose name I forget. Bringing in talent at a time where you're not bringing in money is ill-advised

Expect AEW to actually cut some people in the coming weeks too.
Harper was the other one. I don't disagree. They just don't have enough time to fill with more guys. Harper is a strong worker but you can see he just doesn't have it on the mic. That said, they were fairly short on big guys, so it made sense to add him. I think Hardy was an ill-advised add.

I think AEW needs to look at patching up its holes instead of trying to land guys for the sake of landing them. The Revival and Sarah Logan make sense because both would boost their respective divisions. Rusev would be good too, but the rest can wait until some of the dead weight like Jimmy Havoc and Shawn Spears are cut.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #1867
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

if AEW was smart they'd bring in Sarah Stock to fix their woman's division as the producer or booker or whatever. She's done a spectacular job along with Serena of training the NXT Woman and helping to book the division.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:58 PM   #1868
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Yeah I get the sense that 7-8 months in, AEW should be looking at a bit of roster adjustments. There are a few roster improvements that can be made.

Matt Hardy would have been better served part-time and with cameos. I get his appeal if used correctly, but it takes the best writers and lower expectations to make that character work.

That said there are a million reasons why The Revival (probably going to be known as Top Guys or FTR going forward) make sense for AEW. But that is a debut you save for when fans are allowed in the shows again. The arena would blow its roof off when those guys debut.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2020, 10:11 PM   #1869
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Spoiler!

Old 04-15-2020, 10:41 PM   #1870
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Harper was the other one. I don't disagree. They just don't have enough time to fill with more guys. Harper is a strong worker but you can see he just doesn't have it on the mic. That said, they were fairly short on big guys, so it made sense to add him. I think Hardy was an ill-advised add.
I really didn’t get using Harper as the Exalted one. They had such a good storyline going with the Dark order, as their M.O. was all about attacking in numbers and turning losers into winners. It was the second coming of the Ministry of Darkness.

Then as soon as they revealed that the exalted one was Brodie Lee, things turned 180. instead of growing stronger, and stronger, they just took the Scientology route and had the storyline shift to Brodie Lee mistreating his own members.

Harper might be a hard worker but he was definitely not the right type to fit into that role.

Last edited by Scorch; 04-15-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #1871
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I think AEW needs to look at patching up its holes instead of trying to land guys for the sake of landing them. The Revival and Sarah Logan make sense because both would boost their respective divisions. Rusev would be good too, but the rest can wait until some of the dead weight like Jimmy Havoc and Shawn Spears are cut.
With the push that he’s gotten tonight and on Dark, I think Shawn Spears is sticking around a little bit longer

You’re right on the Revival and Sarah Logan. If anybody is a welcomed addition, it’s them. Though, tag teams in this Covid19 restrictive time is not looking too well. They seem to be avoiding that division in AEW altogether
Old 04-15-2020, 11:22 PM   #1872
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

There is no space for the Revival in AEW. If they go there, they'll end up whining and bitching as much as they did in WWE. Guys who bought into their own hype.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:28 PM   #1873
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That woman's later match on NXT and the End of it all between Johnny and Ciampa were amazing.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:25 AM   #1874
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Howard Finkel has passed away.

https://www.wwe.com/article/howard-f...stBmTv3DqWXxck
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:31 AM   #1875
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Noooooooooooo
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:10 AM   #1876
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently the cuts yesterday didn’t include anyone from Smackdown? Does that mean we see more cuts today?
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:21 AM   #1877
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

More then likely, there were some cuts in NXT, but nobody big.

Its funny, I did laugh, a lot of WWE personalities came out about the cuts yesterday wishing the fired people the best, one fan jumped on Corbin complaining that he wasn't cut, and Corbin painfully ripped the fan a new Ahole.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #1878
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
Apparently the cuts yesterday didn’t include anyone from Smackdown? Does that mean we see more cuts today?
I heard they were waiting until after Smackdown to do those cuts
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #1879
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Are they released or furloughed?

Most sites report released, but further reading leads me to think furloughed. Then again, it's Vince, so logic need not apply.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #1880
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Are they released or furloughed?

Most sites report released, but further reading leads me to think furloughed. Then again, it's Vince, so logic need not apply.
The way I read some of the reports, the talent and contractors were released, and the production staff/writers etc who were employees were furloughed.

Also talent that had long term contracts apparently had a payout (contract buyout) and some of the releases were mutually agreed upon.

I wouldn’t be surprised that Rusev was on the out already. He has been rumored to be leaving for so long.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote