Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #41
Sluggo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The only channel I ever subscribed to was Periodic Videos only because a podcast told me to. I don't really want to give the Bots any more information than is necessary.

Lately I have been watching videos on these channels:

Issac Arthur
Cool Worlds
AlmazanKitchen
Technology Connections
Gamers Nexus
AVE
Oversimplified
Historia Civilis
Joel Haver (specifically his animated skits)
Internet Comment Etiquette with Erik
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:04 PM   #42
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of Star Wars, MMA, Science stuff, pop-culture, reviews / reactions and randomness.

Spoiler!

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:06 PM   #43
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
The only channel I ever subscribed to was Periodic Videos only because a podcast told me to. I don't really want to give the Bots any more information than is necessary.

Lately I have been watching videos on these channels:

Issac Arthur
Cool Worlds
AlmazanKitchen
Technology Connections
Gamers Nexus
AVE
Oversimplified
Historia Civilis
Joel Haver (specifically his animated skits)
Internet Comment Etiquette with Erik
Almazan Kitchen is so freaking awesome. Particularly the earliest ones. No #### stress relief right there.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 11:00 PM   #44
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lex Fridman: interesting chat on science, AI, politics, BJJ

Last Line of Defence: If you like Tacomas, overlanding, gear

Foresty Forest: He lives in a van.....(in Alberta and BC - also involves off road crockpot and air fryer cooking...)

Van City Van Life: guy driving around BC with his bulldog

Strictly Dumpling : Food

CB Media: Thailand experiences - but focused on cars & travel

Ryan Van Duzer: bikepacking

Paul the Punter: Mountain Biking

Berm Peak: dude building mountain bike trails on his property

GMBN: Mountain biking - mostly UK

Adventure is Made: UK wild camping

Ben Foster - the cycling goalie

Mark Wiens - Asian food and travel

McTrail Rider: Scottish guy rides down mountains

Scotland’s Mountains: Scottish guy climbs up mountains

SPFL: Scottish football highlights because I’m a masochist

Last edited by soreshins; 04-06-2021 at 11:46 PM.
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #45
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like travel, photography, and diving. I haven’t found any real diving subs but I got into following a bunch of sailing channels and some of them dive. Many of these people are in parts of the world I have been to or would like to go to and many are in areas with nice blue water, beaches, and warmth. The photographer channels are much the same, they have traveled to cool places or live in cool places.

Photographers (many of these guys travel together or have worked together)
James Popsys - UK photographer, lots of great older travel vids. He’s anti-tripod and avoids filters as much as possible.
Thomas Heaton - Recently done some stuff with medium format and film. (for any campers over lockdown been building out a Toyota Delica for overnight usage)
Brendan Van San - Albertan now living in Portugal. He is the antithesis to James, most of his shots are taken with filters. He has some great tours he leads with the guys above.
Adam Gibbs - Award winning photog from Victoria. His series from his trip to Abraham Lake this fall is a must watch.
Nigel Dawson - He takes great shots and his videos are a little more instructional.
Henry Turner - UK again. He comes across as your average guy just out to take pics. There is something just...friendly and unpretentious about him.
Mads Peter Iverson - Danish photog who has some awesome series. If you go to Iceland his series is a must watch. He has traveled with Heaton and some of the other guys.
Expressive Photography - Alister Benn from Scotland. He has a great eye for minimalist shots and landscapes you’d overlook. Very zen.

Camera Conspiracies - quirky channel by a guy from Toronto who mostly does camera reviews. He only cares about video quality for vlogging and is on the quest for “the perfect camera”.

Sailing channels
Sailing Ruby Rose - UK/Aussie couple. Did a great series on the French Canals and the recent one on Brittany. Now in Australia waiting for their new boat to be built.
Ran Sailing - A cute couple from Sweden with their 1+ year old. Recently they have been touring Sweden.
Gone With The Wynns - Texas couple sailing the world. They got trapped in Fiji during the pandemic while their boat was in Tonga. For you RVers, they started off their channel touring sound in an RV so they’d have lots of good info there.
Adventures of an Old Seadog - in his own words “gritty down to earth videos of sailing around the world single handed.”
Sailing Fair Isle - Retired UK couple sailing the Med, currently stuck in Venice.
Sailing Millenial Falcon - at the other end is a young Aussie couple sailing in the Caribbean. Some good scenery.
Sailing Uma - Canadian couple traveling the world. A good mix of sailing and hiking/travel. Current series is through the fjords of Norway.
Sailing SV Delos - Possibly the original sailing channel. The boat and various crew have gone around the world over the past 10 years.
Sailing Doodles - Bobby has figured out the secret to YouTube success. Travel to interesting places and make sure your crew are female.

Others
The Endless Adventure - US couple traveling the world seeking out new food adventures. Currently stuck in the US where they decided to buy and rebuild a 1970s RV.
Kombi Life - UK/Aussie couple and their cute dog Alaska attempt to travel the world in a VW Kombi.
YBS Youngbloods - huge channel centered around Brodie, his dog, and their adventures fishing and boating off the west coast of Australia. For such a basic premise it’s amazing the business he’s created.
Bald and Bankrupt - A goofy UK guy traveling to parts of the world you’d likely never go to or things like smuggling a street kitten from Cuba to Europe in his pants or wandering around the drug lands of Bolivia while mostly practicing his Russian around the former Soviet Union hunting for old soviet architecture? I’ll watch that. Also has a daily vlog called Daily Bald.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #46
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
His videos are interesting but he’s going to get murdered if he keeps putting himself in dangerous situations out of ignorance.
That’s his Schlick though. I don’t think it’s out of ignorance, most places I think he knows the vibe. Walking around the Indian market with money pinned to him seeing if any of it would get stolen while having someone in front of you film it just looks so outlandish a general person would think it’s for a movie or something. Same with him walking around the bad area of La Paz wearing a suit carrying a briefcase. It looked so out of place it had to be for TV. The only time I thought he was being really out there was wandering out to the hills of Bolivia where he was clearly in drug land. I kept thinking Tom Clancy’s Wildlands crew needed to rock up in their truck and get him out of there.

He really does come across as a guy who genuinely sees the good in people. He helped fund I think an orphanage or a medi clinic in India and he is often seen giving food to people in the Soviet republics. In one of his most recent dailies he is talking to this guy on a bus and finds out the guy was just released from jail. He ends up taking the guy for lunch while he waits for his next bus. There’s something charming about how he just treats people as equals. We should all be a lot more like Ben.

Old 04-07-2021, 05:58 PM   #47
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I'm only going to post my super niche subscriptions since that is way more interesting than some massive list of random stuff. I'd be shocked if anyone else here followed these people. Spoilers: my niche interests are in video games.

8-Bit Music Theory - Goes into detail about what makes a game song catchy or good
dolce_iwate Channel - One of the best Beatmania IIDX players in the world
Retro Game Mechanics Explained - Self explanatory
strafefox - High production value retro game documentaries
TATSU MUSIC channel - The best Pop'n Music player in the world
Video Game Animation Study - Self explanatory
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2021, 06:29 PM   #48
boogerz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurnaceFace View Post

[snip]

He really does come across as a guy who genuinely sees the good in people. He helped fund I think an orphanage or a medi clinic in India and he is often seen giving food to people in the Soviet republics. In one of his most recent dailies he is talking to this guy on a bus and finds out the guy was just released from jail. He ends up taking the guy for lunch while he waits for his next bus. There’s something charming about how he just treats people as equals. We should all be a lot more like Ben.
On the contrary, there is an opinion with supporting evidence that Bald and Bankrupt is not the kind and genuine person that he appears to be on camera. Apparently, he is a notorious sex predator and sex tourist.

He was also charged with rape in the UK. There wasn't enough evidence to convict him, but the judge had some interesting remarks about his conduct.

Here's a good place to start if you want to start digging into his history:
Reddit Summary of Mr. Bald
boogerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:42 PM   #49
Sluggo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
Almazan Kitchen is so freaking awesome. Particularly the earliest ones. No #### stress relief right there.
I could not tell for the first few videos if they were being serious or parodying other cooking channels by finding premium ingredients made to look like they were growing in the local forest. I would also recommend watching any of their videos on a full stomach
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:04 PM   #50
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Am I the only one watching this 24/7 GI Joe livestream on YouTube?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:12 PM   #51
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
That’s his Schlick though. I don’t think it’s out of ignorance, most places I think he knows the vibe. Walking around the Indian market with money pinned to him seeing if any of it would get stolen while having someone in front of you film it just looks so outlandish a general person would think it’s for a movie or something. Same with him walking around the bad area of La Paz wearing a suit carrying a briefcase. It looked so out of place it had to be for TV. The only time I thought he was being really out there was wandering out to the hills of Bolivia where he was clearly in drug land. I kept thinking Tom Clancy’s Wildlands crew needed to rock up in their truck and get him out of there.

In India once he and Harald Baldr had police threatening to kill them while they swam in water they weren't suppose to be in. They got out and and escaped on some sort of rickshaw. I was laughing so damn hard.

I haven't watched any of their content for a couple years now, I might have to start binge watching them again and catch up.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlAcKNoVa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #52
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:

The Bolivia trip is mostly what I'm referring to. He laughs off women who tell him, "They burn people alive there" and hands his passport to obvious cartel members. I think it was his naivete that kept him alive. If they thought for a second that he knew where he was that would be the end of him.

I hadn't heard any of the stuff boogerz mentioned. His "female companion" is much younger so it's believable that he's a creep. A rapist though? I'll look into that.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #53
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Only ever watched a handful of his videos but that lengthy Reddit post is quite enlightening.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:16 AM   #54
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

So this is why Facebook is a wasteland these days?
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:55 AM   #55
rbochan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Mostly music, electronics, and fishing related

SolarBaits
Dave's World of Fun Stuff
2nd Chance Tackle
Mark Knopfler
Norman's Rare Guitars
Carter Vintage Guitars
Uncle Doug
twoodfrd
JD Simo
Marling Baits
rbochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:14 AM   #56
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Sports: AC, Spittin' Chiclets (AC self-explanatory, love Spittin' Chiclets golf vids)
If you get a chance, check out No Laying Up
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZn...W0pLTWCdt8CTBg
Their twitter and podcast is great, too.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:26 AM   #57
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

many that I watch have been mentioned previously. here's a few more.

Most recent one is Van Neistat, Casey's brother. He is something else.

I seem to be on a bit of a Farmtube binge lately and not sure how i got sucked down the hole.

Mike Mitchell
Larson Farms
Millennial Farmer
Harrys Farm
SaskDutchkid

Car Stuff:
VinWiki
Doug Demuro and his More Doug Channel
Drivetribe
Harrys Garage
Shmee150

Other Stuff:
Bingeing with Babish
Trevor Bauer
Sailing Zartara
Gone with the Wynns
Yes Theory
Antonelli Baseball
Planet Sail
First We Feast - Especially the Burger Scholar show - George Motz is the best

TimSJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:39 AM   #58
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Most active current subs:

Music
Ichika Nito
Tim Henson
Polyphia
Charles Berthoud
Yvette Young
Berried Alive
Periphery
Devin Townsend
Two Minutes to Late Night

Music Nerds
Rick Beato
Rhett Shull
SpectreSoundStudio
JHS Pedals

Video Games
viddeogamedunky
Pewdiepie
Let's Game It Out

Independent Journalists
Jimmy Dore Show
Timcast IRL
WeAreChange

Retro Wrestling
OSW Review HD
Official Jim Cornette

LOTR nostalgia
Nerd of the Rings
History of the Ages

Film
Redlettermedia
Honest Trailers
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:02 PM   #59
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another one, Lucas King. Pianist/composer. His music is often a bit eerie, but to me there is something really cool about it.

His 24/7 live stream is really good.

Re: Bald. I’m aware of the allegations. What I was referring to is what’s on his channel. I’m sure some of it is a setup, but a lot of it comes across as genuine. He made special trips to go see old people living in the Chernobyl zone and brought them food. A recent one he was ...somewhere in the old Soviet lands and stopped by a former border sign. There he found some stray puppies. He ends the episode off by buying big cuts of meat for the adults and some puppy food and dog beds and drives back and feeds them. He could also be a horrible human of the Gaetz kind but some of what he does seems like a quality human.

Last edited by FurnaceFace; 04-08-2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:44 PM   #60
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I forgot to add Hanging With Dr Z. It’s a fake talk show hosted by Dr Zaius (Dana Gould).

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote