Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2021, 09:37 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Thank you CPHL!!!!

So now that my season has stumbled to an end, I wanted to take time to thank you one and all for a fun season (Though no playoffs makes me a bit bitter). When I was invited to join this league, I originally thought that I wouldn't join, to be honest, I was in a really sh%%%y place in my life, I was angry and frustrated, and my focus was on finding the next stage of my life. But I decided to join, it might be a good distraction, and get me talking to people again in a light topic.

So yeah, CPHL I think did change my outlook a bit, I could come here and have some fun conversation, do some trade talks, and follow the results.

So I'm and I know it sounds cheesy (no pun intended man really) but I'm grateful to this sub community of CalgaryPuck.

I want to thank Jiri and all of the folks running this thing, I know they put in a ton of time to make this a place to play, and I'm grateful for their efforts, I'm also grateful that they didn't start rolling their eyes at some on my inane questions and bizarre trades.

I do want to thank the GM's of this league, the new ones in the veterans, you guys are a lot of fun, and while my trade talks tend to be fairly quick, they're fun, and you guys as much as the owners make this a great game to play.

I really enjoyed the ability to manage a hockey team, the hours spent building the hideously expensive hockeytron 5000 which I disposed of half way through the season (though it may make a come back. Writing little articles for the St Louis Picaaaayunnnnee (AP). Groaning through that horrible start, getting hope when I was the hottest team in the league for about half the season, and then the crushing disappointment of not making the playoffs and tearing down my roster.

Though I'm now heading into the off season where I'm more spectator then participant, I wanted to take the time now to say Thank You, loved it, enjoyed it.

Best of luck to the players on the path to a championship. A hearty enjoy the off season for those of us that are not.

Enjoy the ride.

Thank you!!!!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #2
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank you Captian, you've been a joy to have in the league
Old 03-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good season! It is great to have such an active GM like you in the league!

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:12 AM   #4
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

You bring life to us Captain! Thanks for sharing you.

Offseason is your big gamble, look at rosters and cap hits for the playoff teams. Understand who will have to drop players to get back to cap limit. Go after all good players, whether under contract, RFA or UFA. Prep for the draft. Dog days of summer are best for deals when GMs are bored. You can remake your roster 3 times.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #5
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have also really enjoyed the season and look forward to the next. After a long playoff run, of course.
Thanks for helping to make it a great little sub community in this great community of CP!
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2021, 01:29 PM   #6
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who else saw the title and said ‘oh no, he didn’t quit did he’.

Glad that’s not the case and happy to see you are sticking around and enjoying the league. The CPHL sure does keep things interesting!
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post: