Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #1561
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't even really understand what's going on. Can someone give me a quick rundown?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #1562
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
I don't even really understand what's going on. Can someone give me a quick rundown?
Negan and Rick's group are fighting eachother.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #1563
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's not undersell it here. It's WAR!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #1564
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Wow forgot about the new episode on Sunday. Pretty telling as to how this season is starting and I've historically been pretty forgiving of this show.

The second episode was just so amateurish and disjointed on so many levels that resorted to just having it on in the background.

I don't know why they think we give a crap about some of these poorly and vaguely developed peripheral characters it is nearly impossible to give a crap about to where we're following them for extended stretches of time. Hard to understand what's going on in most scenes until things are done happening and some dialogue provides the needed exposition.

Walking Dead is right.
The Walking Dead has always been about how characters respond to different situations. In the latest episode a small part was devouted to the actual war, which is just a setting for character development. This episode was actually about how characters like Daryl, Rick, Aaron, Jesus, Morgan, etc.. respond to the situation.

I agree that no one cares about the characters currently dying. However, it's likely that the big deaths will be saved for the series finales/premiers as per usual.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #1565
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
The path is being paved for Aaron and Jesus to become an item.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #1566
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Show has slow paced episodes that do important character exposition to create big emotional moments later on. Fan reaction: "Too slow! Give me some action already! Why is it taking so long for them to kill the other guys?!"

Show does non-stop action for several episodes in a row to finally give a payoff to the fans. Fan reaction: "Too much action! How am I supposed to care about all of this?!"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. At a certain point in every show's run, fans are never satisfied with status quo, even if the status quo is good. That's why every show ends. It seems the fans have decided that this is the last season.

Now that I've said that: I rarely complain, but the guy playing Morales was such a bad actor for a scene of that emotional depth with important lines to say. It's a result of them casting lesser actors when the show was a relative unknown in the 1st season. However, I wish they had tried another option to do the same plot/character device other than Morales. There had to be another character from the past that Rick could have encountered. Just a poorly executed scene due to weak and ham-fisted acting.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2017, 06:17 AM   #1567
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just watched last night. I love what they did with Morales. A week of speculating why they are dragging him back up, a long heart to heart with Rick and Daryl just pops him. I lol'd hard at that one.

They have a real conundrum coming, no way can you have that many ex soldiers integrate peacefully into your new society even if you do cut the head off the snake.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #1568
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Just watched last night. I love what they did with Morales. A week of speculating why they are dragging him back up, a long heart to heart with Rick and Daryl just pops him. I lol'd hard at that one.

They have a real conundrum coming, no way can you have that many ex soldiers integrate peacefully into your new society even if you do cut the head off the snake.
First of all, I agree. When Daryl just slays him I laughed.

I think they're going to have to cut the heads off of many snakes and my sneaking suspicion is that one of Daryl, Dwight or Rick are going to replace Negan and try and steer these guys in the right direction.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #1569
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Didn't Morales mention something like "I saw you when you snuck in the building". Well i guess he didn't see Darryl....
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:18 AM   #1570
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

what a brutal episode again. The "king" has gotta go. Most annoying character ever.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:26 AM   #1571
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do not understand why people find Ezekiel annoying. There isn't a single character I currently dislike on the show, other than Gregory, and that's because you're supposed to dislike him. I even like and care about Tara and Aaron at this point (though still not so much Rosita).

Although part of that might be that there has been no Michonne or Carl for basically the whole season, who can occasionally be irritating (though they're far better characters now than three seasons ago). That's sort of odd - you'd think they would have some Alexandria scenes in at least one of the episodes, just to remind you that they're there and probably pretty anxious about the whole thing. But I get it, you'd have to pay the actors. I'm also wondering if there's some sudden turn of the tables where someone from Negan's crew takes over Alexandria while Rick & Co. are away, and that's your mid season finale.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #1572
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Although part of that might be that there has been no Michonne or Carl for basically the whole season, who can occasionally be irritating (though they're far better characters now than three seasons ago). That's sort of odd - you'd think they would have some Alexandria scenes in at least one of the episodes, just to remind you that they're there and probably pretty anxious about the whole thing. But I get it, you'd have to pay the actors. I'm also wondering if there's some sudden turn of the tables where someone from Negan's crew takes over Alexandria while Rick & Co. are away, and that's your mid season finale.
Haven't the last three episodes taken place over the time span of about 2 days?
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #1573
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Haven't the last three episodes taken place over the time span of about 2 days?
Pretty sure it's all been the same day so far this season.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #1574
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

24: The Walking Dead Edition.

I'm just saying it would make some narrative sense to show the tension back at Alexandria while they wait for this stuff to play out, and I had to think to myself this week, "wait... where's Michonne? Why isn't she with them again?" Before recalling that she'd been left behind.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:14 AM   #1575
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
First of all, I agree. When Daryl just slays him I laughed.

I think they're going to have to cut the heads off of many snakes and my sneaking suspicion is that one of Daryl, Dwight or Rick are going to replace Negan and try and steer these guys in the right direction.
This is an interesting theory. I’d throw Jesus’ name into the mix too. (The show Jesus, not the other Jesus )
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #1576
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Rick and company might come to realize that the way Negan had been ruthlessly ruling over the Saviors might have been the only way to conceivably do it and make it work for that large of a group.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #1577
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I do not understand why people find Ezekiel annoying. There isn't a single character I currently dislike on the show, other than Gregory, and that's because you're supposed to dislike him. I even like and care about Tara and Aaron at this point (though still not so much Rosita).
Wait what, I think Gregory is great. His scene at the gate was well done, IMO.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #1578
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
This is an interesting theory. I’d throw Jesus’ name into the mix too. (The show Jesus, not the other Jesus )
I was thinking that too, but I dont think Jesus really wants to be a leader, he seems to prefer the role of 'Right Hand Man.'

Lets be honest, Gregory is such an incompetent tool and people have such respect for Jesus that I think if he'd wanted to be running The Hilltop, he would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I think Rick and company might come to realize that the way Negan had been ruthlessly ruling over the Saviors might have been the only way to conceivably do it and make it work for that large of a group.
I was thinking along the same lines. It would be a interesting twist and would follow with Negan's repeated pronouncements that Rick and his group 'are not the good guys.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #1579
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a bad episode,

Hate how Carol suddenly became Rambo again.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:18 PM   #1580
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty good episode I thought apart from the cheesy Rick/Darryl chase scene.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote