Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #3141
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ontario is apparently launching employer-funded clinics for facilities in hot spots that have had an outbreak, and have their employees live in hot spot zones. The catch is that employers have to fund it, and possibly vaccinate others in the community.

I just sent in an inquiry to their hotline. Seems like a great idea!
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:41 PM   #3142
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

With 38k doses injected today that puts us at a 6.26 day supply of vaccine. This is the first time we have been below 7 days in this metric in about two weeks. More vaccine will usually hit the tracker Wednesday or Thursday so it will likely get back over 7 days but the last 5 days have been encouraging.

Hopefully the double updates are AHS doses then pharmacy doses as opposed today todayís doses and previous days uncounted doses. Seems like we are back on the way to being supply constrained.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 04:46 PM   #3143
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ some other provinces have already had a dose adjustment on the canadian delivery schedule and in the tracker so I agree ABs new doses should be registered in the coming days
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #3144
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
^^ some other provinces have already had a dose adjustment on the canadian delivery schedule and in the tracker so I agree ABs new doses should be registered in the coming days
Us and Sask are always a day late. I wonder if itís the logistics of the shipper shipping Ontario to BC to AB/SK
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:58 PM   #3145
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

The vaccine numbers have been great the past week, good news. It's nice not being angry about an aspect of this.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 05:22 PM   #3146
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Administration is pretty much up at the supply levels, so I'd expect things to level off a bit in the near future. About 5% of the population per week is probably a good bet for the average in the next couple of months, barring an unexpected influx of doses. At that pace, we'd be looking at about 9-10 weeks until we get all adults who want a dose.
opendoor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:34 PM   #3147
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Administration is pretty much up at the supply levels, so I'd expect things to level off a bit in the near future. About 5% of the population per week is probably a good bet for the average in the next couple of months, barring an unexpected influx of doses. At that pace, we'd be looking at about 9-10 weeks until we get all adults who want a dose.
those approximations sound about right. about .7%/day.

270 000 today, 3rd highest single day ever after yesterday (which included multiple BC and AB days) and last Friday
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:38 PM   #3148
justkidding
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Got my Pfizer vaccine today. P####en, eh!
justkidding is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkidding For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 06:47 PM   #3149
agulati
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Us and Sask are always a day late. I wonder if itís the logistics of the shipper shipping Ontario to BC to AB/SK
Could it also be a factor of pharmacies receiving doses directly from the federal supply here as opposed to pharmacies in other provinces who receive it through the province. I did see someone post that earlier on, in the forum.
agulati is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:36 PM   #3150
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yukon has gone over one dose in arm per person.