Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #3801
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess they could, but Troy Baker's voice doesn't exactly match Pedro Pascal's looks. Ellie would be fine, and might make Elliot Page less annoyed.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:56 PM   #3802
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
What exactly would be the purpose of remaking a game that will be (let's say) around 10 years old when the remake comes out?
Rumors are there is a Halo infinite remastered version in the works...
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:03 PM   #3803
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I don't like it but after what happened with Spider-Man and making Peter look more like Tom Holland in the remastered version I wouldn't be surprised.
I feel the same way about the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 04:01 PM   #3804
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
So there's talk that there's going to be a remake of The Last of Us. I think it's far too soon to go down that road but I guess with the show they want to cash in.

Also, a Days Gone 2 pitch was apparently rejected.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-las...pitch-rejected
Am I the only person kinda bummed there won't be a Days Gone 2? The first one had some bugs but I actually enjoyed it. Just laying waste to hordes of zombies and ripping around Oregon on a motorbike, it was pretty cool.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 07:09 PM   #3805
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Am I the only person kinda bummed there won't be a Days Gone 2? The first one had some bugs but I actually enjoyed it. Just laying waste to hordes of zombies and ripping around Oregon on a motorbike, it was pretty cool.
I liked Days Gone and would have played a sequel but I would only have given the original only a 7/10. Good but not great. For the most part just another generic open world game, but still fun enough to enjoy.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #3806
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't sure about it before I played it but I liked it and would have played the sequel.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:39 AM   #3807
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I had considerably more fun playing Days Gone than TLOU2. I played it months after release so all the bugs were fixed and the game was one of the more fun open world games I've played.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:45 PM   #3808
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just swinging in to recommend Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town on Switch. Really having a good time with it! If you’re a fan of the series or these types of games you should definitely check it out.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2021, 07:47 AM   #3809
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Contemplating buying the show 21 as it's now available on the Xbox consoles. Haven't played a baseball video game since the snes...

Any thoughts on the show series?
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:38 AM   #3810
Two Fivenagame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Curse of the Dead Gods released an update a few days ago. Loads of improvements. New curses, new weapon tree (bombs!), and new relic buffs.

Big improvement to an already addictive game.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #3811
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Fivenagame View Post
Curse of the Dead Gods released an update a few days ago. Loads of improvements. New curses, new weapon tree (bombs!), and new relic buffs.

Big improvement to an already addictive game.
Is this any good? I watched a trailer and it looks like a Hades knock-off
Old 04-18-2021, 10:26 AM   #3812
Two Fivenagame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Is this any good? I watched a trailer and it looks like a Hades knock-off
I'm really enjoying it. Never played Hades but one reviewer (IGN) said it looks like a Hades knock off but a different game.

Dead Cells is a good comparison in terms of structure and randomized levels.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:31 AM   #3813
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
Depends what you're looking for? I used to play a lot of multiplayer, but never career/solo. Fun enough game. It's no Ken Griffey though
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2021, 11:46 AM   #3814
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
Contemplating buying the show 21 as it's now available on the Xbox consoles. Haven't played a baseball video game since the snes...

If you're a baseball fan it's a no brainer. It has it's flaws like not having spring training invites in franchise mode but it's a very good game.

It's going to be on Game Pass though so unless you have no plans of playing any other games you might want to go down that route.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #3815
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Fivenagame View Post
I'm really enjoying it. Never played Hades but one reviewer (IGN) said it looks like a Hades knock off but a different game.

Dead Cells is a good comparison in terms of structure and randomized levels.
I watched that IGN review and it looks and sounds excellent. Does have a lot of similarities to Hades, but Hades is awesome so that’s fine. It’s on a bit of a sale too. I have a bunch of digital credit and I’ve been looking for something to play on PS until Returnal is out so I think I’ll check it out tonight! Thanks!
Old 04-18-2021, 05:47 PM   #3816
DigitalCarpenter
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
I watched that IGN review and it looks and sounds excellent. Does have a lot of similarities to Hades, but Hades is awesome so that’s fine. It’s on a bit of a sale too. I have a bunch of digital credit and I’ve been looking for something to play on PS until Returnal is out so I think I’ll check it out tonight! Thanks!
This games makes me throw my controller like I am 10 years old playing super mario bros. Definitely Nintendo Hard when you get further up the pyramid.
DigitalCarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:14 PM   #3817
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
yeah, I am hoping that it was just the "pitch" that was rejected and not necessarily the franchise, as i don't want it to go the route of The Order 1886.

Day Gone wasn't a perfect game by any stretch; suffered from some pretty cringy dialogue (like the wedding vows), was probably over long (I think if they actually cut out 20% of the missions, they could have tightened the game up and had time to fix bugs before releasing it).

But Uncharted wasn't that great either; tons of repetitive missions, gopher pop up gun fight mechanics....

But it did have some great characters, great climbing mechanics, great voice acting and ideas that suggested that a sequel could be great

Days Gone had flaws, but the first time seeing a horde was very impressive... the first time fighting the Sawmill horde, was pure adrenaline.

I love Sony, but can't help but think they've made some odd choices of late - Still no Bloodborne? Talk of another LoU Remastered? No Silent Hill? Now no Days Gone?

I'll be interested to see their next event; despite selling PS5s at record speed, they need to show something IMO

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 04-18-2021 at 07:16 PM.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2021, 08:56 PM   #3818
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

This whole Days Gone drama needs to be done with. It was a long time in development, got middling reception and okay sales, and really didn’t do enough to justify another 5+ year expensive AAA open world development cycle. It’s not early PS3 days when they’ll pump out a genre defining title in two years anymore.

Others of your examples kind of show misunderstanding of the games themselves. Bloodborne? Sony owns the franchise but they don’t own From Software, so they could do a sequel if they want but without From, what’s the point? Silent Hill? They don’t own or have anything to do with Silent Hill at all.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:37 PM   #3819
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This whole Days Gone drama needs to be done with. It was a long time in development, got middling reception and okay sales, and really didn’t do enough to justify another 5+ year expensive AAA open world development cycle. It’s not early PS3 days when they’ll pump out a genre defining title in two years anymore.

Others of your examples kind of show misunderstanding of the games themselves. Bloodborne? Sony owns the franchise but they don’t own From Software, so they could do a sequel if they want but without From, what’s the point? Silent Hill? They don’t own or have anything to do with Silent Hill at all.

I am disappointed with the decision - not sure if that is particularly dramatic at all.

I know Sony doesn't own From, that said they could upgrade Bloodborne at the very least to be 60 or engage Bluepoint to remake it a la Demon Souls. As for Silent Hill - that stems from the decision after PT to not move forward. Was that an issue between Konami and Kojima? Probably, however, you would hope Sony could have helped to broker something.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:43 AM   #3820
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
I am disappointed with the decision - not sure if that is particularly dramatic at all.

I know Sony doesn't own From, that said they could upgrade Bloodborne at the very least to be 60 or engage Bluepoint to remake it a la Demon Souls. As for Silent Hill - that stems from the decision after PT to not move forward. Was that an issue between Konami and Kojima? Probably, however, you would hope Sony could have helped to broker something.
I think people just have crazy high expectations.

PS5 has been out for just six months, all of which have been during Covid. Despite this we already have sequels announced to almost every big PS4 game that are supposed to release in the next year or year and a half - Horizon II, God of War, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank. They've released big budget exclusive games across a bunch of genres for PS5/PS4 in the last five months (Spider-Man, Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Astro). We have a beloved AA developer getting their first crack at an original AAA IP coming out in two weeks (Returnal). They have some big time exclusive deals with third parties like Square Enix and Bethesda. They've been pushing a lot of really cool looking exclusive Indie games, and there's been a new day one release offered free on PS Plus every month since PS5 came out.

And Days Gone of all games not getting a sequel is what people get mad about? Or complain that it's too soon to remake a 2013 PS3 game, then go on to ask where's the remake of a 2015 PS4 game already?

These things take time - they have a remarkable amount of games announced and coming relatively soon, and there will be lots more to come. The position PS5 is in software-wise is way stronger than where PS4 was at the same point.