Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #3481
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Re-watching DOFP and it's amazing. The Fox X-Men films aren't all great, but man when they hit they hit hard. DOFP, X2, Logan and Deadpool were all instant classics and helped propel the genre forward.
I really like First Class as well. I've stated it before, but the Fassbender scenes make the movie.

It was amazing how extreme that series was in good vs. bad. How do you possibly have a movie like X-men: Origins Wolverine and Logan in the same trilogy?
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #3482
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I have no idea why Snyder thought to shoe-horn the Martian Manhunter in there.

What? Did he think the key ingredient JL was lacking was enough characters?

"More characters! Thats the answer!!"
Just a cheezy way to draw in more views from people who've already seen the original. It's like here's Justice League....with a clock in it.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #3483
Byrns
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Invincible continues to make interesting changes in the adaptation. I'm really not sure how this series plays to anyone who hasn't read the series. I feel like it might be a bit slow? Overall I'm enjoying it though.
I never read the books and I quite like it so far.
Byrns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Byrns For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 08:29 PM   #3484
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Have you watched endgame recently. It isn’t really a good movie on its own. It was an achievement and a perfect end to that era of the MCU but it isn’t on level of the other movies in your list.
No kidding. As far as giving fan service it was great, but it was not a good movie.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:50 AM   #3485
BMStrikesAgain
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Have you watched endgame recently. It isn’t really a good movie on its own. It was an achievement and a perfect end to that era of the MCU but it isn’t on level of the other movies in your list.
Endgame is great not as good as Inifinity war but sooo good too. return of the king probably isn't a good movie "on its own" either but i wouldnt watch it that way. and I wouldn't watch end game as a solo movie, that's pointless and kind of dumb.

at a minimum you watch infinity war with it, at a maximum you watch the main series movies.
BMStrikesAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #3486
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Black Adam started filming yesterday, the Rock was first announced to play Black Adam back in 2007!! It's been 14 long years, let's hope it was worth the wait.

https://www.slashfilm.com/shazam-the...is-black-adam/
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #3487
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've definitely watched Endgame multiple times over. Sometimes I watch IW, sometimes I just watching Cap pick up Mjolnir. Sometimes I watch the whole series.

Here's the main get for me. In Endgame, at the beginning when they are going to kill Thanos, they are about to jump into hyperspace and instead of pulling back and giving the audience of a jump to hyperspace that we've seen 1000x, they get tight in on Cap's eye as they widen and we are reminded that this dude is from 1945. Was frozen and awoken, and in the span of less than 10 years he is travelling to different planets. This guy has seen some s***. Reminding the audience of the scope of this story and that it all started with him. That's great filmmaking. The Russo's know exactly what they're doing.

And Stark's scene after returning to Earth and giving Cap his suit. That 2 minutes of performance is enough to suck me into the whole story each time I turn it on.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:22 PM   #3488
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I really like Infinity War because they flipped the script and made Thanos a very sympathetic Villain. There were times when I was actually kind of on his side, felt sympathy for him. The scene between Thanos and young Gamora was a terrific bit of character building. The scene at the end when he had that look of satisfaction on his face because he believed that he'd made the universe a better place was a great piece of writing.

Then in End Game he went back to being fairly two dimensional, they played a lot more things for laughs, and it felt like a lot of the lines were written so that fans would created animated gifs out of them. It was still a decent movie whereas Infinity War was a great well developed package.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 04-10-2021, 10:38 PM   #3489
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

Then in End Game he went back to being fairly two dimensional, they played a lot more things for laughs, and it felt like a lot of the lines were written so that fans would created animated gifs out of them. It was still a decent movie whereas Infinity War was a great well developed package.

A lot of what fleshed him out was everything he had to give up to get all six gems. He lost all of his adopted children, either dying or betraying him. He got the wisdom of the stones and he was doing something that he felt had to be done. So the loss and the conviction made him feel more sympathetic. In End War, when he is met in the past and then comes to the future he has the conviction but not the loss.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2021, 06:23 PM   #3490
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Endgame hit me harder than any other comic book movie I've ever seen. The fights were awesome, travelling through memory lane was fun, but the way they handled Stark and Cap dying/retiring was so well done. When they're playing Stark's final message at his memorial and it pans to his daughter it absolutely destroyed me. Having 2 daughters myself likely made it hit so much harder, but I was a blubbering mess for a good 10 minutes after that

I can see how for people that didn't watch all the movies or weren't as invested in the MCU could say Endgame was lacking, but for someone that was invested from the first Iron Man it was such an amazing capstone moment in film that might not ever happen again
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2021, 11:42 PM   #3491
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Endgame hit me harder than any other comic book movie I've ever seen. The fights were awesome, travelling through memory lane was fun, but the way they handled Stark and Cap dying/retiring was so well done. When they're playing Stark's final message at his memorial and it pans to his daughter it absolutely destroyed me. Having 2 daughters myself likely made it hit so much harder, but I was a blubbering mess for a good 10 minutes after that

I can see how for people that didn't watch all the movies or weren't as invested in the MCU could say Endgame was lacking, but for someone that was invested from the first Iron Man it was such an amazing capstone moment in film that might not ever happen again
I completely agree. It was amazing, but I still prefer Infinity War.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2021, 09:30 PM   #3492
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The Harley Quinn cartoon is pretty funny.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:23 PM   #3493
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I saw season 1 and would agree. Haven't seen it since I went all streaming.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:21 PM   #3494
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Kiteman is my bro

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #3495
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't believe how much Briana Cuoco sounds like her sister. I thought Kaley was voicing both Harley Quinn and Barbara Gordon.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #3496
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Whoever is in charge of DC animation or their video game department should take charge of their movies as well. I don't even particularly like the Harley Quinn character but the show is awesome, and the Injustice fighting games are great as well. Wonder why they can't figure the movies out
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #3497
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's because that clip above is great, and there are no superpowers, no physical conflict, no heroes murdering people, no crime. The fact that Ivy is wanted on 8000 warrants is simply implied, and the only nod to superhero anything is Kiteman's awesome costume.

The animated series tells stories like Beetlejuice, and the movies try to retell the Illiad. Results are predictable.

As for Injustice, it's about telling one story at a time. Did you notice at the end of the Snyder Cut they shoehorned Injustice in there, but kept a pivotal character alive because the solo movie sold well. It's all garbage. Snyder Cut already told like nine stories in that runtime. Badly jammed together, and stunted. Snyder's endgame was never Darkseid, it was always Injustice. (Which honestly didn't even really work well as a game to comic adaptation.)

Be glad that the Snyderverse is dead.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:33 PM   #3498
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Kiteman is my bro

This video has made me need to check out this show.

"That's actually easier said than done. Anyone have an Allen key?"

Gold.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:42 PM   #3499
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 04-17-2021, 07:42 PM   #3500
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

DC's Animated side of things has almost always been top notch. Some brief hiccups in the mid to late aughts but other than that it's been pretty good. From the Timm-verse on.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote