Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2021, 05:32 PM   #41
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Patrick's stock has already taken a considerable hit, but it continues to plummet. Don't think any semi-competent GM sees him as a cornerstone of a rebuild at this point.
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:48 PM   #42
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
Johnny may be a talented offensive player, but he really does nothing to help Philly become a good team.

Offer them Hanafin and you’ll perhaps catch their attention.

I don’t see them as particularly good trade partners, other than both would like to make some trades.

Philly would likely like to trade some older forwards for some defensive help, or perhaps a new goalie. If they could somehow dump Voracek and Giroux and pick up a Tanev and a Markstrom, Philly might be a playoff team. But they’d really like younger versions of Tanev and Markstrom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Carter Hart says hi? He's been completely terrible this year, but no one should be writing him off.

Pay Seattle to take Voracek / JVR, find a real #1 defenseman with that cap space. I'm optimistic that the team will be fine after that.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:51 AM   #43
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly06Cup View Post
Carter Hart says hi? He's been completely terrible this year, but no one should be writing him off.

Pay Seattle to take Voracek / JVR, find a real #1 defenseman with that cap space. I'm optimistic that the team will be fine after that.

I don’t think Philly will ride into next season with Hart as their #1, too risky, he’s been that bad this year. He a great start, but he wouldn’t be the first goalie to disappear after a great start. He does have a decent pedigree though, so his odds of a recovery are not bad.

Let me know where that #1 dman store is, I’d like to get a couple for the Flames too. Maybe get a discount for a bulk buy. Is it next to the #1 centre store at the Mall? We need to stop in there too.

The Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:33 AM   #44
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
When you look at their depth charts, it’s hard to see a match.

Flyers LW:

Giroux
JVR
Farabee

Where does Gaudreau fit? The Flyers don’t have problems at forward, they desperately need an upgrade on defence, especially RD. Are the Flames going to move Tanev or Anderson?
End of the day when we looked at the Hurricanes depth chart I didn’t see an immediate need or fit for Hamilton but that was a team looking to make a shakeup deal.

I always thought when Philly overpaid in term and money to bring Kevin Hayes in it was with a thought he could help lure the hometown superstar to the Flyers eventually.

Who knows JVR could be a Seattle player or could be part of the return to Calgary? The same as Farabee
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #45
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
Patrick's stock has already taken a considerable hit, but it continues to plummet. Don't think any semi-competent GM sees him as a cornerstone of a rebuild at this point.
He's still only 22 but then again we went through that with Bennett always hoping that next year he would come around. The reality is that top 5 picks bust all the time and it's a matter of coming to terms with that and accepting the player for what he is as a bottom 6 player or trade him while he still has value and move on.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:37 AM   #46
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t think Philly will ride into next season with Hart as their #1, too risky, he’s been that bad this year. He a great start, but he wouldn’t be the first goalie to disappear after a great start. He does have a decent pedigree though, so his odds of a recovery are not bad.

Let me know where that #1 dman store is, I’d like to get a couple for the Flames too. Maybe get a discount for a bulk buy. Is it next to the #1 centre store at the Mall? We need to stop in there too.

Hart is the number 1, and future number 1 tendy on philly. They need a strong backup or 1b due to his age.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:48 AM   #47
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Tons of good options to pair with Hart (in no particular order): Rittich, Rask, Halak, Andersen, Rinne, Reimer, Raanta, Mrazek, Ullmark, Grubauer, Driedger, Dubnyk.

One of the older guys probably makes sense, but Rittich or Driedger might go for a show-me deal. I wonder if BOS goes hard for Driedger?

Hamilton could be a UFA. Otherwise I've long suspected they might spend a big package on Seth Jones, or Parayko or Pulock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
End of the day when we looked at the Hurricanes depth chart I didn’t see an immediate need or fit for Hamilton but that was a team looking to make a shakeup deal.

I always thought when Philly overpaid in term and money to bring Kevin Hayes in it was with a thought he could help lure the hometown superstar to the Flyers eventually.

Who knows JVR could be a Seattle player or could be part of the return to Calgary? The same as Farabee
CAR has always been pretty stacked at LD, and evidently they didn't want to commit to Faulk as their RHD anchor.
powderjunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:22 PM   #48
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Hart is the number 1, and future number 1 tendy on philly. They need a strong backup or 1b due to his age.
Maybe a good landing spot for Rittich?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2021, 01:07 PM   #49
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Maybe a good landing spot for Rittich?
Only if he thinks he can steal a number one spot.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote