Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-04-2016, 01:17 PM   #41
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still watching it. It's so bad that it's good.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #42
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, at this point I'm waiting for the ancient aliens guy to show up with an alien theory.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:41 PM   #43
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

There was a marathon of this show on yesterday, and I couldn't help but watch. What a train wreck of a show. My favourite moment was when they brought in the "expert" who claimed that the Aztecs buried treasure on the island.

How long until they talk some sucker into diving down that hole full of water and he dies?
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #44
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
There was a marathon of this show on yesterday, and I couldn't help but watch. What a train wreck of a show. My favourite moment was when they brought in the "expert" who claimed that the Aztecs buried treasure on the island.

How long until they talk some sucker into diving down that hole full of water and he dies?
My favourite part of the show now is the commentator, still trying to sell the suspense.

Still, it is a cool story and watching the show reminds me of being young and living in Lower Sackville.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #45
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

We watched this half way through season 1 then the missus and I lost interest, even though we've been on Oak Island (a friend who lives nearby is a cousin of the owner so we drove across the bridge and turned around and drove back). We found this to be one of those goofy, pseudo-science things much like the Finding Hitler program that the History Channel is passing off as credible.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:37 AM   #46
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show is still going, in a never ending circle of tail chasing.

I hope they find something, but I don't reckon they will.

I guess an increase in tourism is a positive off shoot from this show.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #47
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show is such a train wreck, I can't stop watching it now.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:19 PM   #48
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm shamefully addicted. I think its a great show and I watch it every week at this point. I guess the first I heard of the Money Pit was on an old show called "In Search of..." which was an awesome show, by the way, but this was one of the episodes of that show I liked the least.

Regardless, I do think that they'll find something. I don't know which if numerous possibilities they actually find, and it could be none of them, but like I say I am hopelessly addicted.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #49
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

I have been into the story for many many years. As a sceptic I don't think there is anything to the story at all. Any evidence they have either does not exist, or is such a far leap in logic, it is easily discredited.

I still pvr the show and watch while ironing.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:57 AM   #50
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I have been into the story for many many years. As a sceptic I don't think there is anything to the story at all. Any evidence they have either does not exist, or is such a far leap in logic, it is easily discredited.

I still pvr the show and watch while ironing.

I don't think there is anything there either. But, if they prove that there is nothing there, well. I feel like it is just like Bre-X. Locals seeding the well with little morsels to keep their cash cow alive.

I don't know how they got another season out of that. Should have only made it one season. I guess the brothers need to make some money out of this thing.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #51
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been watching since it started. The other day the girlfriend said "If anything was buried that deep a long time ago, how the hell did they do it? Just look at the lengths and effort these guys are putting into it..."

Good point. It's damn near impossible for machines and man to dig that deep in this modern day and age, there is no way that 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 years ago they had the tools required to do anything that deep.

There is no boobie traps that filled the money pit with water, it called being on an island, surrounded by salt water and having water every where you dig at that depth.

Still, I continue to watch.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:11 AM   #52
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
This show is still going, in a never ending circle of tail chasing.
Ha ha. Totally. That's the best part. I know it's all much more scripted than they let on, but I always like the part where those guys take pretty much any ridiculous clue seriously and say "I think we've found the money pit!".

A piece of a tree, a rock, a hole in the ground... they are all solid evidence of almost anything. Their credulousness, if it's real, is mind-boggling. If it's fake, well good for them for getting paid to act like dummies with a lot of money.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:38 AM   #53
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I'm shamefully addicted. I think its a great show and I watch it every week at this point. I guess the first I heard of the Money Pit was on an old show called "In Search of..." which was an awesome show, by the way, but this was one of the episodes of that show I liked the least.

Regardless, I do think that they'll find something. I don't know which if numerous possibilities they actually find, and it could be none of them, but like I say I am hopelessly addicted.
"In Search Of" was a great show, with an even greater narrator.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2017, 11:51 AM   #54
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

This season is really stretching the story. No face shaped stone goes un-turned this year.

We started watching it with my 4yr old son years ago because he loves mysteries and has the type of imagination that eats stuff like this up but even though he's only 6 now, he is constantly yelling 'We know!' at the non stop re-capping and saying really skeptical things.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:25 PM   #55
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
This season is really stretching the story. No face shaped stone goes un-turned this year.

We started watching it with my 4yr old son years ago because he loves mysteries and has the type of imagination that eats stuff like this up but even though he's only 6 now, he is constantly yelling 'We know!' at the non stop re-capping and saying really skeptical things.

The problem is, they went Knights Templar too early on. Never go full Knights Templar.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:24 PM   #56
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
The problem is, they went Knights Templar too early on. Never go full Knights Templar.
Could It Be.........

Quote:
Old 01-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #57
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Could It Be.........
Could it be that the Knights Templar have infiltrated the ranks of the Oak Island team, and are actively sabotaging the efforts to retrieve the treasure? Could it be that Charles Barkhouse is actually Henry Sinclair in disguise?

Could it be... crown time?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2017, 03:17 PM   #58
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still watch it and I honestly don't know why. If they found anything of significance, odds are we'd here about it long before it was on the show.

It's a guilty pleasure I guess. Not much else to watch on Sunday nights until TWD comes back.

And watching this show always makes me want to but a metal detector. I'm too young to be wanting a metal detector.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:05 PM   #59
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I might just be pulled in even deeper, but it does look like they're making progress, just in time for the two hour season finale! They are doing a good job building it up though. Maybe they managed to keep things quiet and they actually have something here...Or it's Geraldo and Al Capones vault on a much larger scale. I don't even know which I want it to be!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #60
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know how these explorations work in real life, but if there was anything of real importance found, wouldn't it have already been on every news network?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post: