Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2021, 03:23 PM   #4721
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I don’t know if this was mentioned previously but there’s a Metal Slug Tactics game coming out next year. I love the series, mostly because of the animation, so I’m excited for this.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2021, 05:53 AM   #4722
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
Halo Infinite full release day today [December 8th], I've been playing the free multiplayer beta since is launched a few weeks ago and as a lifelong halo fan I have to say, without a doubt this is the best halo game that 343 have produced so far IMO.

Maps on Multiplayer are hit/miss, but there are a few GREAT additions (sorry, don't have the names on-hand) but the game balancing is already starting out in a great place considering we haven't even had a first patch yet. Would love to see a dedicated "Slayer" playlist added if it hasn't been added today already, since that's the true essence of Halo Multiplayer. But it does come up in Quick Battle playlists.

Also I think they need to sort out the "Ranked" system, right now you're committed to Team BR's with no radar.. I think that changes if Reddit is any indication. Should just go back to 5v5 slayer with radar, and with dedicated ranking system

And to think.. all it took was hiring the previous head of Bungie to come back and sort out the mess that was 343's version of Halo!

No jetpacks, no weird spartan smash, no loadouts, traditional grenade and jumping mechanics are back, split screen is back, cross-platform is enabled, man.. been waiting for the natural successor to H3 for a long time, I think they nailed it so far.
Super glad to hear that. Also read that it works great on the Xbox One which I am still rocking. Very happy for that.

Got a big backlog of games before I get to this one and by then hopefully a patch or 2 will have come out to fix whatever kinks it might have. But really glad to read that everyone is impressed with the new game.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2021, 06:20 AM   #4723
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
Halo Infinite full release day today [December 8th], I've been playing the free multiplayer beta since is launched a few weeks ago and as a lifelong halo fan I have to say, without a doubt this is the best halo game that 343 have produced so far IMO.

Maps on Multiplayer are hit/miss, but there are a few GREAT additions (sorry, don't have the names on-hand) but the game balancing is already starting out in a great place considering we haven't even had a first patch yet. Would love to see a dedicated "Slayer" playlist added if it hasn't been added today already, since that's the true essence of Halo Multiplayer. But it does come up in Quick Battle playlists.

Also I think they need to sort out the "Ranked" system, right now you're committed to Team BR's with no radar.. I think that changes if Reddit is any indication. Should just go back to 5v5 slayer with radar, and with dedicated ranking system

And to think.. all it took was hiring the previous head of Bungie to come back and sort out the mess that was 343's version of Halo!

No jetpacks, no weird spartan smash, no loadouts, traditional grenade and jumping mechanics are back, split screen is back, cross-platform is enabled, man.. been waiting for the natural successor to H3 for a long time, I think they nailed it so far.
I'm playing the campaign right now and having a blast. The grapple shot isn't new to FPS games but I'm surprised how much it rejuvenates the gameplay. By far the best Halo game since the original trilogy. Pretty ballsy of Microsoft to deliver this GOTY quality game for free on gamepass. It's so good I almost feel guilty playing it for free. Almost.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2021, 11:24 AM   #4724
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still playing through it, but I'm really liking AC Valhalla's Wrath of the Druids DLC so far.

I liked Valhalla itself as well, but one of my complaints was they didn't nail that rainy English weather as much as this pluviophile would've liked. I know it rains a lot in that game, but even then, you look up at the sky and it's still mostly blue, and looking around it doesn't have that grey, moody feel to it aside from raindrops. Druids really nailed it in this regard, it's more what I was expecting Valhalla's English weather to resemble.

The setting is great for that moody, spooky feel, especially when walking through deeply wooded areas.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #4725
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:52 PM   #4726
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tarkov wipe coming soon, likely Sunday
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:20 PM   #4727
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #4728
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga has some pretty impressive visuals.

Oh yeah, that wasn't a cinematic....that was gameplay.
Since1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 11:42 AM   #4729
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Old 12-10-2021, 02:10 PM   #4730
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm playing the campaign right now and having a blast. The grapple shot isn't new to FPS games but I'm surprised how much it rejuvenates the gameplay. By far the best Halo game since the original trilogy. Pretty ballsy of Microsoft to deliver this GOTY quality game for free on gamepass. It's so good I almost feel guilty playing it for free. Almost.
They have 24M subscribers to gamepass and are also selling dlc, skins, in game currency ect.

They will make far more money than selling a game for $70 and done like the old days so don't feel bad
Old 12-10-2021, 06:55 PM   #4731
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Space Marine 2 looks literally unplayable

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 09:15 PM   #4732
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Space Marine 2 looks literally unplayable
From what I'm told you have to be a fan of the lore and/or figurines to really get into it, because I'm with you. I have no idea what the lore is and that looks like one big pile of meh to me
Old 12-10-2021, 09:43 PM   #4733
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

This looks cool.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:45 PM   #4734
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
From what I'm told you have to be a fan of the lore and/or figurines to really get into it, because I'm with you. I have no idea what the lore is and that looks like one big pile of meh to me

Oh btimbit, the lore is what makes it unplayable. In Space Marine 1 Captain Titus is a firstborn Marine and Captain of the 2nd Company of the Ultramarines.

In this game he's a Primaris Lieutenant. So he got demoted, but they then let him cross the Rubicon Primaris which is something usually reserved for the most revered of the firstborn? Also, they put two more studs in his forehead to denote 200 more years of service, which is explainable, but is highly suspect considering how badly they've botched everything else.

I'm sure the game play will be fine, but how can we overlook such startling and unforgivable continuity and lore errors?

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #4735
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Oh btimbit, the lore is what makes it unplayable. In Space Marine 1 Captain Titus is a firstborn Marine and Captain of the 2nd Company of the Ultramarines.

In this game he's a Primaris Lieutenant. So he got demoted, but they then let him cross the Rubicon Primaris which is something usually reserved for the most revered of the firstborn? Also, they put two more studs in his forehead to denote 200 more years of service, which is explainable, but is highly suspect considering how badly they've botched everything else.

I'm sure the game play will be fine, but how can we overlook such startling and unforgivable continuity and lore errors?
Alright I totally misread your post, haha

I have some friends that are into it as well and I think they've said similar things about the trailer

I say think because I have no idea what's going on
Old 12-12-2021, 02:07 AM   #4736
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just wrapped Halo Infinite's campaign. Game of the year, if not the generation. After spending a couple releases tweaking their formula, 343 have really nailed it with this one - phenomenal gameplay, action, soundtrack, and story. The visual spectacle and scope of the open world is just epic, and as an OG Halo guy since November 15th, 2001, this game hit me right in the feels.
Old 12-12-2021, 02:49 PM   #4737
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #4738
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
Just wrapped Halo Infinite's campaign. Game of the year, if not the generation. After spending a couple releases tweaking their formula, 343 have really nailed it with this one - phenomenal gameplay, action, soundtrack, and story. The visual spectacle and scope of the open world is just epic, and as an OG Halo guy since November 15th, 2001, this game hit me right in the feels.
Yep. GOTY and it's not even close.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 05:22 PM   #4739
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m glad Halo really landed for the fans, it had been on a bit of downward trend the last few games before this and the debut of it last year looked dreadful. Was an unlikely success story this year.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #4740
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Very pumped to try Halo Infinite. The fact that it's free with Game Pass is a nice bonus. Glad to see that CP gamers are enjoying it 👍
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote